Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    Brooke's never been a great putter...kinda Lexi like.
    It's a pretty good comparison.

Lexi is behind Brooke in 10th place in the Race.
    Money List: Lexi 12th, Brooke 14th

Putting average: Lexi 144th, Brooke 106th
    Scoring: Brooke 7th, Lexi 8th (both under 70)
    Lexi is #1 in GIR, Brooke #5.
    Driving Accuracy: Brooke 57th, Lexi 107th
    Driving Distance: Lexi 3rd, Brooke 9th
    Birdies: Brooke 4th, Lexi 16th

Comment

• Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post

Certainly not her best season
      https://www.lpga.com/players/brooke-...on/98267/stats

106th in putting average and 118th in sand saves isn't good.

On the other hand, she is 9th in the Race to the CME Globe and has a win, 5 top tens and only missed one cut, so not a complete disaster. She has won close to a million dollars, so it is not like she has to dip into her savings to cover her expenses.

9th place in the Race is fine, since all points reset for the final and everyone in the field has an equal chance.

EDIT:
      https://www.golfdigest.com/story/dri...t-usga-ra-news
      Unfortunately, next year might not be a lot better if the LPGA starts limiting club lengths to 46 inches. I expect it will take Brooke some time to adjust to using an (at least) two-inch-shorter driver. (Off-the-shelf G400s are 45-3/4") The PGA Tour and USGA are using the new rule in January, but while the LPGA has said that they will be changing too, they have only said it will be sometime after 2021.

From the PING website, the specs on Brooke's driver:

G400 Driver : @7.7°, small -, Tour AD-VR 5X, 48", D8+, Custom 360 ID8 aqua grip +1 wrap
      I would imagine that if she has to use a shorter driver, that it will be counterweighted at the butt end to give the same feel at the head end as her longer driver that she grips down on.

Comment

• While I didn’t watch her play yesterday, Brooke’s stats suggest that her putting was mediocre at best. She posted only a 1 under par round marked by 4 bogeys, while hitting 13 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 greens. The 33 putts didn’t help. Here’s hoping that she and her putter settle their differences.
        Last edited by mpare; Nov 19, 2021, 10:21 AM.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
          While I didn’t watch her play yesterday, Brooke’s stats suggest that her putting was mediocre at best. She posted only a 1 under par round marked by 4 bogeys, while hitting 13 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 greens. The 33 putts didn’t help. Here’s hoping that she and her putter settle their differences.
          While I agree her putting isn’t in the top 10 on tour I think her problems might lie elsewhere. On a majority of the par 4’s she has a short iron into the green, and while I don’t have stats to back it up, I see too many shots into the green with 20 plus feet to the pin and having a 12 footer instead of one at 25 would improve those stats. Remember what happened when Dustin Johnson greatly improved his wedge game?

Comment

• Well looking at the currently tournament, in round 1 & 2 she hit 32 of 36 greens. She had 33 and 34 putts. She ha!d 9 birdies and 6 bogeys. So if assuming the birdies were all 1 putts, that would suggest she had upward of 6-8 3 putts? If my math and assumptions are reasonable that is not good!
            lpw

Comment

• Originally posted by wigler View Post
              Well looking at the currently tournament, in round 1 & 2 she hit 32 of 36 greens. She had 33 and 34 putts. She ha!d 9 birdies and 6 bogeys. So if assuming the birdies were all 1 putts, that would suggest she had upward of 6-8 3 putts? If my math and assumptions are reasonable that is not good!
              The kid can play for sure..too bad putting is part of the game..a big part

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                Brooke's never been a great putter...kinda Lexi like.
                Lexi Thompson, during the QBE Shootout, dropped putt after putt. So good was she on the greens that Bubba Watson had to call for a ruling.

So who did Lexi get some putting lessons from? Brooke should join that roster.
                And maybe the claw too? Something's gotta change.

Comment

• Originally posted by kimi View Post

Lexi Thompson, during the QBE Shootout, dropped putt after putt. So good was she on the greens that Bubba Watson had to call for a ruling.

So who did Lexi get some putting lessons from? Brooke should join that roster.
                  And maybe the claw too? Something's gotta change.
                  QBE....hit & giggle event...where Lexi is having fun and playing & putting well.

When it counts on the LPGA to win....I expect we'll see the "normal" Lexi with suspect putting....especially late Sunday afternoon when the nerves make their way into her hands when she's trying to lift a trophy.

Comment

• Brooke will need to switch to a new driver.

The LPGA will be implementing the Model Local Rule limiting clubs to 46 inches beginning the week of March 21 for the JTBC Classic.

The tour set up a club-testing area at the season-ending CME Group Tour Championship to check driver lengths.

An LPGA spokesperson said that seven players, including Henderson, had clubs longer than 46 inches at CME and most were very close to the mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                      Brooke will need to switch to a new driver.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...ga-local-rule/
                      The LPGA will be implementing the Model Local Rule limiting clubs to 46 inches beginning the week of March 21 for the JTBC Classic.

The Entitled Cdn Princess isn't happy.
                      Brittany better stay back from any driver SLAMS/BREAKS just like Brooke's wedge SLAM...just sayin.

Comment

• She chokes down 3-4 inches so will make zero difference, IMO
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                          She chokes down 3-4 inches so will make zero difference, IMO
                          Yes
                          BUT
                          IMO...it's the "mental" change of not choking down 3" that will be a challenge for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                            She chokes down 3-4 inches so will make zero difference, IMO
                            I think that's likely - it may take a while to adjust.

She's been able to figure out how to hit a too-long-for-her driver all her life. And she's figured out how to hit approaches, chips, bunkers and putts well enough to win a major and 9 more tourneys.

I can see why she's not happy about it though. What's the motivation behind the rule?

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

• Bryson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

What's the motivation behind the rule?
                                a first step in dialing back distances
                                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X