Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Itchingtoscratch View Post
    Has anyone heard what Brooke is doing for the next month before Thailand?
    Brooke was at the PGA Merchandise show this past week shilling for her sponsors.

Not sure if Dave is gonna force Brooke to play the Aramco the week of Feb 16-19 just before the Honda. There's a $5M purse of "blood money".
    Maybe a Feb 3rd, registration cut off???

Brooke is not a member of the LET, so IMG would need to request an invite.
    Many LPGA pros are playing in this Aramco event.
    Aramco also sponsors five additional events on the LET.

Comment

• I was chatting with a guy from another forum...he mentioned that Brooke's clubs didn't show up at the Honda last week and she played with another set???

I'm not sure I'm buying this.
      If this is true....would there not be more media coverage on this (or am I missing something??).... considering Brooke's deep and wide exposure on the LPGA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
        I was chatting with a guy from another forum...he mentioned that Brooke's clubs didn't show up at the Honda last week and she played with another set???

I'm not sure I'm buying this.
        If this is true....would there not be more media coverage on this (or am I missing something??).... considering Brooke's deep and wide exposure on the LPGA.
        From Adam Stanley last week ...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	fpjpuKc.png
Views:	337
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3638736

Comment

• Originally posted by smc66 View Post

From Adam Stanley last week ...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	fpjpuKc.png
Views:	337
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3638736
          Thanks.
          I cut my cable, therefore GC this year....any mention about this on live coverage?
          Even the GC website had no mention?
          So has she received her clubs now?...and when?

I gotta believe the pros now have Apple Airtags in their luggage to help track it down???

Comment

• WTH???
            Is Brooke still playing rental clubs from the pro shop?....where are her gamers??
            Rd 1 at the HSBC.
            ECP is 1 stroke and 1 spot out of DFL with a 78.
            262 yds driving distance .....which is good on the rain SOAKED course.
            12/14 FIR's.....14/18 GIR's.
            WTF....38 putts???....hmmm...I guess the good mojo from her new TM putter didn't last long...she was putting well with it when she won the Hilton event.
            Golf is hard.

Szokol leads at -8...but I suspect she will fade...based on her results in 2022...kinda surprised she qualified to be invited to the limited field Asia Swing.

Comment

• I hope that she’s not injured again. Last week, her distance off the tee was similarly short for her (just over 260). And her putting numbers this week are especially awful. Given how she started the year, something’s definitely not right.

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
              WTH???
              Is Brooke still playing rental clubs from the pro shop?....where are her gamers??
              Rd 1 at the HSBC.
              WTF....38 putts???....hmmm...I guess the good mojo from her new TM putter didn't last long...she was putting well with it when she won the Hilton event.
              Golf is hard.

Szokol leads at -8...but I suspect she will fade...based on her results in 2022...kinda surprised she qualified to be invited to the limited field Asia Swing.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• She shot 78 (2nd last) in round 1. Hopefully her back is okay and it's nothing more than a bad couple of rounds.

Comment

• Watching the delayed broadcast now, it's good to hear the respect the commentators have for Brooke. She's earned it.

One dumb thing from the broadcast is.... they've put a QR code on the bottom right of the screen and you could grab you phone, run up to you tv or whatever device you're watching on and scan the QR code to get some sort of bumf about the tournament.

I'm not sure who wants to be bothered doing that, it seems unnecessarily. Doesn't matter anyways, as GC had their logo superimposed over half the QR code so it's not going to work.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

• Brooke will be fine, golf is a streaky game and It is tough to be at your best week in , week out .
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

WTH???
                      Rd 1 at the HSBC.
                      Golf is hard.

She mentioned she's on a medical exemption. Out several months with a back problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

She mentioned she's on a medical exemption. Out several months with a back problem.
                        Thanks....I no longer have cable and therefore no GC....I only watch the highlights on YT.
                        Yup...Szokol is 47 on 2023 LPGA Priority List based on the medical exemption....Yani is 90 based on the same thing.....Yani's game has unfortunately left her long ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                          I hope that she’s not injured again. Last week, her distance off the tee was similarly short for her (just over 260). And her putting numbers this week are especially awful. Given how she started the year, something’s definitely not right.
                          260+ last week isn't that short based on how others like Kupcho & Hall (similar 2022 avg driving distance to Brooke) drove the ball too last week.
                          Yup...Brooke could be injured.
                          I suspect she'll bounce back in rd 2 with -2 rd....and putts no greater than 31.
                          The forecast is lousy this week...hopefully minimal rain delays.
                          I watched some highlights and couldn't believe how well the course looked considering 8" of rain fell on Tues & Tues night and they had to cancel the Wed pro-am.....they've had record rainfall since Oct/2022.
                          I think Sentosa might have a sub-air system considering all the rain in Singapore.

Talk about mental midget putting...my last rd was Feb 21...it has snowed since.... so no golf....hopefully golfing in a few days...fingers crossed.
                          I had four 3 jacks on the front 9 (from 30-45 ft though)...8 GIR's in a row....I had 13 GIR's total....39 putts....only one 1 putt on 18 to scramble to save from just off the green....no birdies....I missed birdies from 3, 6, 8, 10 & 12 ft....I shot 80....DUH!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Talk about mental midget putting...my last rd was Feb 21...it has snowed since.... so no golf....hopefully golfing in a few days...fingers crossed.
                            I had four 3 jacks on the front 9 (from 30-45 ft though)...8 GIR's in a row....I had 13 GIR's total....39 putts....only one 1 putt on 18 to scramble to save from just off the green....no birdies....I missed birdies from 3, 6, 8, 10 & 12 ft....I shot 80....DUH!!!
                            You played on Feb 21? You do know this is Toronto Golf Nuts? A sim is the closest I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              Brooke will be fine, golf is a streaky game and It is tough to be at your best week in , week out .
                              Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

You played on Feb 21? You do know this is Toronto Golf Nuts? A sim is the closest I get.
                                Climate change is FAKE NEWS!
                                Ugh.....3-4+ major snow storms here per year...at least to us....is the NORM the past few years and not going away.
                                I was born in TO and have never owned a set of snow tires in 46 years.....so I know how to manuveur in the snow...but will stay home whenever possible...many don't here drive well in the snow....we also have minimal snow ploughing equipment too in the GVRD.

My good golf friend has a great sim in his garage for unlimited screen golf if I want...I'm fortunate...we play against guys in Canada & the US,,,but I'm too lazy to drive the 35 kms to his house.....I might play screen golf 2-3 times a month in the winter.
                                Gas is $1.80-$1.85 here...WTF.

Attached Files

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X