Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I also don't think it's in Brookes character to push gamesmanship to win, as you say she's just slow. Seems to work for her....

Also, 2 minutes to tee off would drive me mental.
    I agree she is most likely not gaming her opponents. I would lose my mind if it was a recreational golfer doing this in my group or someone in a group in front me.

Comment

• I’m a big Brooke fan but to me her slow play took away a bit from her win. She is breaking a rule in golf, the LPGA turning a blind eye to it is not protecting the rest of the field. If Korda “slow played “ Brooke and won I think there would be a different tone here.

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

If she has one, that is a lot more than Cristie Kerr.
        Nasty, nasty b***h....I can't stand Crusty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow View Post

While the slow play may have had some affect on the others, I doubt if it was done on purpose. Brooke is just slow. How many here would like to play in a group where everyone else takes 2 minutes to play a shot which is exactly how long it took Brooke to play her T shot on 12.
          Not just one shot but many shots and putts where the Canadian Princess took up to or more than 2 minutes.
          WTF.

But Brooke isn't the only slow one on the LPGA....others too.

If you have watched some junior events in Canada....some of the players are so SLOW....brutal pre-shot routines.
          Last edited by Mr22putt; Apr 26, 2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Brooke moved up one spot to 5th in the Rolex Rankings today
            Rolex Rankings’ worldwide professional women golf player’s individual pages, featuring events completed, best performances and form tables.

She earned 62 ranking points for her win for a total of 344.36 and is now averaging 6.5 points per event over 53 events.

Nelly Korda is more than a full (average) point ahead in 4th (383.59/49 points -- 7.83 average).

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcitysmitty View Post
              I’m a big Brooke fan but to me her slow play took away a bit from her win. She is breaking a rule in golf, the LPGA turning a blind eye to it is not protecting the rest of the field. If Korda “slow played “ Brooke and won I think there would be a different tone here.
              The LPGA is actually pretty good at handing out slow play penalties
              Some that come to mind...there are many many more I'm unaware of:
              1) 2007 in Hawaii, Angela Park penalized while in contention on Sunday for slow play
              2) 2012 at the Sybase Match play, in the semi's, Aza got the group on the clock....but it was Pressel who got a slow play penalty for a bad time and lost the hole....Aza advanced and won the event...her only LPGA win
              3) Recently at the KIA, Yealimi Noh was fined $10000 (more her KIA pay check) for slow play that was compounded from a 2020 infraction.

The Pink Shirt RO's on the PGA tour seldom hand out fines....the PGA is adopting a new process to only monitor and fine the slow player and not put the entire group on the clock.

Maybe because of Covid...not as many LPGA RO's???....normally the group would have been watched by a RO.
              But the LPGA would never penalize the Golf Channel's POSTER CHILD, Brooke....maybe that will change if a Korean commish is appointed....BJ Wie???

Funny how in recent years....the Yanks adopted Brooke as one of their own with lots of TV time because the Merican gals were playing like cr*p.

Comment

• While we saw the improvement in Brook's putting and chipping, has anyone else noticed that the huge inside loop as she begins her downswing, is almost gone? With the big loop she was prone to hooking because of the extreme inside path but now the path more ideal. She is #1 in greens in regulation and she has moved up some spots in driving accuracy. Nice progress.

Comment

• Henderson’s new putting technique (April 27 article)

Looks like she's just working it out with her caddie/sister. It's nice to see her win, hope it holds up for her!

In this week's edition of Teachable Moments, we look at Brooke Henderson's putting change, Tony Finau's views on distance and Justin Rose's yardage book.

Comment

• ScoreGolf
                    How good is Brooke Henderson? Good enough that she's winning with outdated gear. That is likely to change though.

PING is looking to put some newer equipment in Brooke's hands. She has a few weeks off to try out some new gear

PING G400 woods debuted in July 2017 while the i210 irons and Glide Forged wedges — which Henderson used masterfully to chip in at 12 and chip close at 18 to defeat Jessica Korda by one shot — were a July 2018 launch.

Wolpa flew to Naples Sunday afternoon. With the LPGA Tour overseas in Singapore and Thailand prior to an off-week, Henderson’s and PING’s LPGA Tour rep will use the window of opportunity to put in some work.

He planned on taking Brooke and Brittany through the company’s new G425 woods line-up, a couple of new prototype irons and PING’s latest wedges. Especially fun for Wolpa is working with Henderson on her driver.

“Since she plays a longer one (48 inches) it creates a longer arc, which typically creates more spin because of path,” he said in a past interview. “When we get her into a new driver typically we can get that spin number down and she picks up four to five yards of carry but also a ton of roll out.”

Wolpa sent along the last set of driver launch monitor numbers he had for Henderson on file:

Clubhead speed: 103 m.p.h.
                    Ball speed:154 m.p.h.
                    Launch angle:14.5 degrees
                    Spin rate: 2366 r.p.m.
                    Carry distance: 258 yards
                    Land angle: 37 degrees
                    Total distance: 279 yards

She is currently eighth on the LPGA Tour in driving distance, averaging 277.2 yards this season.

“Brooke has always been an ‘I’ player with irons and she seems to be in a pretty good place right now with the i210s,” said Dave Wilson, general manager of PING Canada, who was first to extol Henderson’s playing virtues to PING president John Solheim and Chance Cozby, PING’s former director of tournament player relations. “We’ll see after Scott puts in the time with Brooke and Brittany but I think driver, fairways, the one hybrid she carries and her wedges will get a long look. She’s used her Fetch putter for probably 95 per cent of her rounds the past 12 months so she seems pretty settled on that model.”

Comment

• IMO...it would have made more sense for Brooke & Brit to fly to the Phoenix facility to demo new gear on their way back to FLA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                        IMO...it would have made more sense for Brooke & Brit to fly to the Phoenix facility to demo new gear on their way back to FLA.
                        I think they can manage their own arrangements to suit their purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rulie View Post

Other than the 10 wins, name a single thing that she (and her family) are doing right!....
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by rulie View Post

So you don't see the benefit/advantage of visiting the Ping Phoenix facility with all their equipment inventory/selection and technology available to demo vs. the limited equipment stock that the FLA Ping rep has available in his van/SUV to haul over to Brooke's home course?

I view it like Ian driving down to the London Hunt Club in his TXG van/SUV with some gear vs asking the player to visit one of his facilities in the GTA for a gear demo/fitting.

Comment

• Any idea why Brooke withdrew from this week’s tournament after her first round 77? Is she injured?
                              Last edited by mpare; Jun 11, 2021, 02:16 PM.
                              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                                Any idea why Brooke withdrew from this week’s tournament after his first round 77? Is she injured?
                                Probably caused by the sex change. LOL
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X