Albin Choi

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Albin Choi

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
    Lots of million dollar swings and $2 brains out there. To make it to the top in a sport like golf, you just have to have that something special.
    The problem with golf is that you can be really good in one day and you feel that you do have that something special. Any other sports you would know pretty early whether you are going to make it or not. For golf, you may always think you would hit the lights out after you change one small part of your swing or get fitted or a new putter.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
      4600 Euros last week, $54,767 on the Mackenzie Tour this year, $40,000 on the Swingthought Tour. That's not such a bad year.

He can still get a web.com card for next year at Q-School (he is exempt to final stage).
      I bet he have to have other means of support to make ends meet. All the travelling and training and coaching are not cheap.

Comment

Albin deserves everything that's happened to him and in the future. I remember seeing him practice for hours on end at my course. What a sweet swing to watch. Wait until you see the next up and comer...Tony....solid ball striking with some good tournament results.
        Titleist all around
        Daito Putter

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          That's amazing for him, and Toronto, pity nobody else other than you seems interested in the guys success.
          I follow his progress. Great to see Canadian success..

Comment

Originally posted by dalmanca View Post
            I saw some college players was asking whether he can make it to pga in wrx. It's so tough in this game to actually make it. Albin is good to win some tours but not even a web.com tour card. Unless u r really good at early age I don't even want my kids to try it.
            Better not tell them about guys like Ian Poulter who didnt hit his stride until he was about 18. Lots of guys peak later. Great experience for kids to play in Golf Tournaments . Teaches them all kinds of things. If you don't let them try they will never know.

Comment

Guy's a stud, more talent than any jr I'd ever seen at the time. He'll find his way but as others have said, it takes time. Not everyone can be Jordan speith

Comment

The official web site of the PGA TOUR. Providing the only Real-Time Live Scoring for the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. Home of official PGA TOUR

Albin tied for 8th last week at the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation. The highlight was his final round 64 where he shot 8-under 27 on the front nine, only the fifth time this has been done on the web.com tour.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                  http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2...html?cid=TWWCT
                  Albin tied for 8th last week at the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation. The highlight was his final round 64 where he shot 8-under 27 on the front nine, only the fifth time this has been done on the web.com tour.
                  Shot 64 with a triple bogey!

Comment

Nice to see Albin getting his game together, sometimes it is a long haul.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Albin Choi is T3 right now at the Web.Com Tour Rex Hospital Open. He is currently -10 (68, 64), two back from the leader.

Other Canadians that made the cut this week: Roger Sloan is T7 (64, 70), Ryan Yip is T22 (67, 69) and Seann Harlington T62 (68, 71)

Leaderboard: https://www.pgatour.com/webcom/leaderboard.html

Comment

Albin is making a comeback after caddying for SJ Im.

Comment

Yup - think he Monday qualified into that tournament

Comment

Hopefully he made enough money to finance his comeback. Im played a lot of golf in the last year, heard he didn't even have a permanent residence in the States. He travelled from each tournament to the next living in hotels.

Comment

Here is a touching article on Choi, didn't know he had to go through a personal tragedy.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/bey...rief-and-trust

Comment

^^^ a very nice story. I was fan of Sungjae Im starting a couple seasons ago when he appeared, and like him even more now after reading the story of his his friendship and generosity with Albin. Continued success to both of them !
                                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                                Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                                Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                                Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X