No announcement yet.
Collapse

Let's Go Mike Weir- Official thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just turned on the Champions Tour to see Weirsy sink a birdie putt to go into a tie for the lead with Langer and Mickelson. Some pretty good company there.

Looks like he's playing pretty sharp.
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

• Just shows the huge discrepancy in the sr tour and the big boys. Still nice to see the work is paying off for Mike. $ are $ no matter the tour.

Comment

• Turned it on after seeing this post and they didn’t show him once.

Comment

• Weir has a 2 shot lead right now

Comment

• 3 straight birdies had a 3 shot lead, up by 2 now. If it stays this way he may be playing in the final group with Phil tomorrow!

Comment

• Cool ! Mikey finished with a 3 shot lead ahead of Phil.
              I know what I'll be watching tomorrow afternoon.
              🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
              Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
              Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

• I watched some of it this afternoon. Clearly Phil was the focus of the coverage, and he was vintage Phil, but they showed plenty of Mike. Let's hope Mike can hold Phill off in what could be quite a contrast in styles.

Comment

• Come on FIGJAM....go out and win tomorrow...I can't stand Weir.
                  Last edited by Mr22putt; Oct 18, 2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Let's see the magic, Mike. I'd love to see him win.
                    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Mike can't make a birdie thru 6, Phil 3 birds and tied now. Hopefully Mike can make a few here

Comment

• This is fun, I feel like I went back in time about 20 years watching Mike and Phil battling tied for the lead! Mike's game is looking so solid and he's getting huge compliments from the commentators

Comment

• Phil's length is tough to keep up to, but Mike always looks calm. How can any good Canadian not cheer for Mike?!

Comment

• Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                            This is fun, I feel like I went back in time about 20 years watching Mike and Phil battling tied for the lead! Mike's game is looking so solid and he's getting huge compliments from the commentators
                            No kidding!

Goosen's in their group too. 3 Majors winners.

A couple of late round wobbles by Weir, but overall looking a lot like he used to - short off the tee, crisp irons, solid putting. And the waggle.

Meanwhile, Phil's swinging his driver like he's a 20 year old in a long drive comp. Fun to watch!
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

• Mikey played well, just couldn't make enough birdies to keep up with phil's firepower. A good result nonetheless.
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                                Come on FIGJAM....go out and win tomorrow...I can't stand Weir.
                                What a sad post that is!
                                Remember FIGJAM - OWR 56 Mike Weir 1548, not exactly in the same league these days.
                                Mike played way above his OWR and only fell to the awesome power and accuracy of Mickelson today.
                                This may have intimidated him a bit but granted it should not have at his age.
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X