No announcement yet.
Collapse

Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic Jan 25-28

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooke in a five-way tie for 1st. They said on TV that six is the record for largest playoff.
    It's a global tour -- Canada, the US, China, Taiwan and South Korea are all represented in that group of leaders.

Alena in T15. Five back, but only two shots outside the top 10.

UPDATE: A double on 16 had dropped Brooke out of contention. But a good week overall.
    Last edited by sjmcampbell; Jan 28, 2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I watched the coverage Saturday and Sunday. The obvious pro American announcing is tiresome. Thank goodness Michelle Wie wears short shorts or there would be no reason to cover her. Their anointed Lexi is not the 2nd coming. Brittany L played well enough, It was a slllloooww tourney. I liked Brooke getting aggressive. Too bad it didn't work out for her on the 16th. But, her game is as good as anyone in the field and she will win again. She did get unlucky in her side of the field not getting the Sunday morning play. But again that is the way the golf ball bounces. Great to see her nonetheless.
      "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Brooke: 9th place $31,131 (68-73-72)
        Alena: Tied for 18th $16.696 (75-71-70)
        Maude-Aimee: Tied for 66th $2,938 (74-72-79)
        Anne-Catherine: CUT (78-80)

I watched the coverage Saturday and Sunday. The obvious pro American announcing is tiresome. Thank goodness Michelle Wie wears short shorts or there would be no reason to cover her. Their anointed Lexi is not the 2nd coming. Brittany L played well enough, It was a slllloooww tourney. I liked Brooke getting aggressive. Too bad it didn't work out for her on the 16th. But, her game is as good as anyone in the field and she will win again. She did get unlucky in her side of the field not getting the Sunday morning play. But again that is the way the golf ball bounces. Great to see her nonetheless.
        I agree with all of this. There was a long backup at 16th tee with several groups lined up when Brooke was there.

On to Australia, Thailand and Singapore!

Brooke, Alena and Anne-Catherine are in the field in Australia. Brittany Marchand is 27th alternate and Lorie Kane is 34th alternate.
        Field broken down by qualification method: http://www.golf.org.au/site/_content...982-source.pdf

Last edited by sjmcampbell; Jan 29, 2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Too bad Brooke couldn't put together a winning final round, but she had another very good tournament.

Comment

I just noticed that our four Canadians all were inside the Top 30 in driving distance.
            2018 LPGA Driving Distance: http://www.lpga.com/statistics/drivi...ance?year=2018

[Peiyun Chen 284.750]
            [Yani Tseng 277.250]

3 Anne-Catherine 275.750
            14 Alena 266.500
            21 Maude-Aimee 264.833
            27 Brooke 263.167

Unfortunately, it wasn't the case for driving accuracy

36 Maude-Aimee 73.8%
            53 Alena 69%
            77 Brooke 64.3%
            91 Anne-Catherine 60.7%

Comment