• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba did it, the tears came with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
      Bubba did it, the tears came with it.
      Yes and yes. I'll give him some slack as never knew things were so dire he was considering retiring. Welcome back Bubba !

Hope hes in the mix at Augusta, maybe I can catch him on a practice round.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Congrats to Bubba. I thought -11 would win, he took it one lower with a hole out from the sand.

Comment

Love the carnage on 10. 305 and all these bogeys. Great hole

Comment

Originally posted by bobby Jones View Post
            Love the carnage on 10. 305 and all these bogeys. Great hole
            Hadwin took a triple and 3 pars.

I would love to see a layup vs go for the green approach to this hole. Depending on the pin position it makes little sense to go for it under hard fast conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Cantlay needs to spend more time settling his stance while putting
              I think I yelled at him on one hole.
              WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

Hadwin took a triple and 3 pars.

I would love to see a layup vs go for the green approach to this hole. Depending on the pin position it makes little sense to go for it under hard fast conditions.
                Can't recall the stats but they showed them on 2nd or 3rd day. Much better "going for it", though IMO, a lay up to just in front of the green makes most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Yes and yes. I'll give him some slack as never knew things were so dire he was considering retiring. Welcome back Bubba !

Hope hes in the mix at Augusta, maybe I can catch him on a practice round.
                  I didn' realize how close he was to packing it in. Good for him for coming back. The tears were understandable.

like others have said I love the 10th hole. So short but so tough. It' great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

Can't recall the stats but they showed them on 2nd or 3rd day. Much better "going for it", though IMO, a lay up to just in front of the green makes most sense.
                    Looks like short left is the place to be, right is bogey town.

Watch all the latest Golf clips, highlights, shows, replays, and more on NBC Sports.

Comment

Hadwin almost shot himself out of the tournament Friday leaving 3 in the bunker on 10 and then bogeying 11 too..... Only a miraculous eagle on 17 got him in on the cut line......He easily too could have been better on the weekend, as he was dialled in (and funny his putting was not great according to PGA stats).

Cantlay is painful to watch (so slow) and doesn't look pleasant at all to play with. Does he know how to smile?

Comment

Cantlay is slow --- his Sunday group of 3 averaged about 24 minutes per hole on the first 8 holes, then finished 18 averaging about 21 minutes (per all 18) --- but I don't think they were far behind the group in front --- so, as has been disc'd many times on TGN, I wish the tour would impose penalties on slow play.

But Cantlay appears to be an introvert --- nothing wrong with that --- with the amount of money at stake, I can't blame any player for putting on his game face and appearing serious and maybe even unfriendly.

BTW, 4 hours for 18 holes means 13 minutes per hole; 5 hours means 17, and 6 hours means 20.
                        Last edited by OKHC; Feb 19, 2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Congrats to Bubba. I thought -11 would win, he took it one lower with a hole out from the sand.
                          Apparently he had to go the washroom, his caddy told him there was one right behind the green if he finished that hole quickly.
                          Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                          Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                          Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                          Ping G400 4H - 22*
                          Ping G400 5 - UW
                          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                          Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                          Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                            Cantlay is slow --- his Sunday group of 3 averaged about 24 minutes per hole on the first 8 holes, then finished 18 averaging about 21 minutes (per all 18) --- but I don't think they were far behind the group in front --- so, as has been disc'd many times on TGN, I wish the tour would impose penalties on slow play.

But Cantlay appears to be an introvert --- nothing wrong with that --- with the amount of money at stake, I can't blame any player for putting on his game face and appearing serious and maybe even unfriendly.

BTW, 4 hours for 18 holes means 13 minutes per hole; 5 hours means 17, and 6 hours means 20.
                            Slow is slow and sure be an introvert, but this is about personalities too and obviously he won't be great for the PGA if he becomes a big name on tour. And the point was he doesn't smile and doesn't look like a player one wants to be paired with jmho.

Comment

Cantlay is a zombie. I know he's been through a lot and nothing wrong with being introverted but geeze, at least acknowledge the crowd a little. Wave your hand or tip your cap and make eye contact, it's not that hard.
                              Cobra Cart Bag
                              Cobra F8+ Aldila NV Green
                              Cobra F7 3w 5w 7w
                              Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5i-GW
                              Callaway MD3 54-S,58-C
                              Odyssey White Hot Rx #7

Comment

Looks like short left is the place to be, right is bogey town.

http://www.golfchannel.com/video/dic...-hole-riviera/
                                On Sunday, Na laid up to 73 yards are so but on the right. He hit a phenomenal wedge over the RH bunker and past the flag that spun back to 2 or 3 feet and birdied the hole.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X