Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 PLAYERS WHO YOU WOULD PREFER NEVER WIN??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
    Okay, a few of us are avid 'Fantasy' players, and we all have pros on the PGA who we would 'prefer' never win, apart from not being in your Fantasy line-ups, there may be other reasons you 'love to hate' certain players, here are my 5:

1. Si Woo Kim (A player that putts this bad should not be on the PGA tour)
    2. Ryan Moore (0.0 on the personality scale, just an odd duck)
    3. Daniel Berger (Would rather be on the tennis court)
    4. Kevin Kisner (Good 'ole boy who makes me puke with all the tobacco juice flowing out of his hole)
    5. Vijay Singh (Heard he hated golf fans, found out first hand when we saw him at TPC Sawgrass before our round and we were told in no uncertain terms, don't say hello, don't make eye contact with him, etc.)

Who are your 5??

(No reasons required, just for fun sake)

- Ian
    For what itís worth I saw Vijay on the range at Pebble. It was not during a PGA tournament. Walked up to him and asked for a picture. He was incredibly friendly and asked my wife if she would like to be in the picture- which she did.

Comment

I only have two:

Tyrell Hatton - a complete child on the course

Patrick Reed - goes without saying

A couple/three years ago I would have put DJ on this list, as it drives me nuts when generational talents in any field piss away their lives through a straw. Since his last intervention ( #99 should do this for a living), I find myself cheering for him.

Comment

1) Ian Poulter (Thursday Version)
        2) Ian Poulter (Friday Version)
        3) Ian Poulter (Saturday Version)
        4) Ian Poulter (Sunday Version)
        5) Ian Poulter

Seriously the guy drives me nuts and the tv coverage drives me nuts all the time.

Comment

4-Graeme Mcdowell {appears to be a jerk}

As someone who has watched him at the canadian open many times you couldnt be more off. In pro ams he is usually well behind the other groups because he stops and talks to everybody. A really nice guy who appreciates his fans.
          Taylormade M1 Hzrdus

Taylormade M1 3 HL wood Tensei Blue

Taylormade Psi 4-GW

Taylormade Tour Preferred Sw

Taylormade Spider Tour Red

Scotty Cameron Circle T Golo

Comment

OK >>>
            Keagan Bradley (looks like a homicidal maniac on the course)
            Bryson DeChambeau
            Adam Scott
            Sergio Garcia
            J.B. Holmes
            No good deed goes unpunished.
            A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy1961 View Post
              4-Graeme Mcdowell {appears to be a jerk}

As someone who has watched him at the canadian open many times you couldnt be more off. In pro ams he is usually well behind the other groups because he stops and talks to everybody. A really nice guy who appreciates his fans.
              ok good to hear-I will replace him with Bryson Dechambeau

Comment

1. Lexi Thompson (Take responsibility for your rules infraction ie. ANA event)
                2. Tiger Woods (Only cares about himself, ask his family)
                3. Michelle Wie (Spoiled little child)
                4. Jordan Spieth (see #3)
                5. Bubba Watson (Quit blaming your misfortunes on other people/things & quit with the tears)
                Last edited by hogan53; Apr 16, 2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Only 1 male golfer I don't like = Tiger

3 Female golfers = Lexi Thompson, Stacey Lewis, Kristie Kerr

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

For what itís worth I saw Vijay on the range at Pebble. It was not during a PGA tournament. Walked up to him and asked for a picture. He was incredibly friendly and asked my wife if she would like to be in the picture- which she did.[/QUOTE]

So my experience with him was not during The Players, it was weeks before and he was using their practice facilities (It's essentially his home course)...

I was awestruck how the staff were literally scared out of their minds that we would say hello to him, or even a tip of the cap, etc. They were TERRIFIED...

Of course, I had to say something, I yelled over while he was walking to the club house and simply said, 'Great to see you Vijay!', and he didn't look up, smile or anything - Just a completely stern look on his face.

Okay, so perhaps a one off? A neighbor of mine and his buddy were at Jack's tourney in Ohio (The Memorial) a few years back, and during the pro-am Vijay's ball happens to land near them...

As he approaches, my neighbor's buddy say's 'Hey Vijay, would you sign my ball?' Veej looks at him, and say's directly, 'I don't sign f***ing balls, and I'm certainly not signing your f****ing ball' and proceeds to hit his shot and walks away (Now I get it, although it's the pro-am, you still don't ask for stuff while the guy is playing)...

My neighbor was howling, but it seems to reinforce a few things. They're human beings, but there are enough reports out there to point out he's not the fan friendliest to say the least - Apart from your example of course.

Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      OK >>>
                      Keagan Bradley (looks like a homicidal maniac on the course)
                      Bryson DeChambeau
                      Adam Scott
                      Sergio Garcia
                      J.B. Holmes
                      LOL - JB, I didn't think anything good or bad until the episode earlier this year with his horrific pace of play and disregard for his fellow players..

Boy did he take heat from everyone that week!
                      Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by Left behind View Post
                        I only have two:

Tyrell Hatton - a complete child on the course

Patrick Reed - goes without saying

A couple/three years ago I would have put DJ on this list, as it drives me nuts when generational talents in any field piss away their lives through a straw. Since his last intervention ( #99 should do this for a living), I find myself cheering for him.
                        Tyrell is starting to make a reputation for himself for sure, it will be his brand unless he shapes up over the next few tourneys...
                        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

I'll try and be short

1) Reed, don't like his attitude on and off the course. Don't like his jiggling body fat celebrations with hip thrusts, don't like his frumpy pants and I don't like how he has to roll up his sleeves on a polo shirt to reveal his non-existent "guns"

2) Edit I had Speith but in terms of hatred I'll actually go with Keagan, He's just such a hot head, self absorbed and he totally embarrassed himself when he got in the face of Miguel Jimenez and looked like he was going to start a fight on the course. Says he's protecting his caddy and then goes and fires him later that season...

3) Bubba - I didnt mind him at first, but after watching the Feherty interview with him he spent most of the time making fun of David. Now feherty can take a joke but sometimes you can tell a joke is just between friends versus you're actually trying to hurt someone.

4) Kisner - again he didn't do anything to improve his image on the feherty interview. Just sat there with his arms on the couch looking like he's too good to even be there. Flaunting his money and how he took a helicopter to the national college football championship.

5) All players who are human rain delays this includes Ben Crane, JB holmes, Bryson, (Kevin Na isn't as bad now), am I missing anyone?

Pat Perez gets an honourable mention I go between hating him to kinda having a better understanding of him after reading his players tribune article
                          Last edited by spinaltap; Apr 16, 2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

1. David Simms
                            2. Elihu Smails
                            3. Jordan Baker
                            4. Ty Webb (quitter)
                            5. Me (it would go to my head)

Comment

1) jimmy walker , I was a walking scorer for him one year, just a jerk.
                              2) Kevin Na. Slow
                              3 Keegan Bradley.
                              4 any Korean who pretends she canít speak english but can.
                              5 tiger , anybody that good should be happier.

Comment

1. Rafa Cabrera Bello
                                2. Bryson DeChambeau
                                3. Patrick Reed
                                4. Pat Perez
                                5. Kevin Na

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 162,872   Posts: 1,704,446   Members: 45,549   Active Members: 248
                                Welcome to our newest member, joe1019.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X