/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

FOX COVERAGE OF US OPEN

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, saw this breaking last night...

Funny enough, I thought they made great strides last year, and actually started to appreciate the differences between what we are used to via GC/NBC and CBS...

Actually didn't mind Buck as much either strangely enough. All said, Zinger is still a duffus and we'll get him now he's part of NBC.

Should be interesting, this may be exactly what GC/NBC needed in the face of other pressures from other content providers, PGA Live, GOLFTV and may breathe some life into some of the negativity over the past few days re: the relocation of GC headquarters, lay offs, etc. (All announced before COVID as an aside)...

The really good news assuming no significant changes to the GC/NBC format, is we will get to see more Golf as GC won't be as restricted as they were when FOX took over.

Overall, a good thing, FOX just wasn't Golf, and this will also translate to Women's US Open and Senior coverage assuming we all care in this regard.

- Ian
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

This probably has more to do with ratings and what Fox could charge for adverts than covid and pushing the events back in the year. Unless the head honchos at Fox know that next year the same thing is going to happen, then the stated reason is bogus. So it conflicts this year, that doesn't mean that you give up your contract with the USGA. I think Fox really overspent on this deal, and they are just using covid as an excuse to bail. I doubt if NBC paid the remaining cost of the contract. Fox would be happy with the amount NBC bid for the rights, take a tax write off on the loss, and not have to spend any money on sending out their crews to do these events.

I for on am happy(even though I follow Holly on Insta), even if Zinger is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
        This probably has more to do with ratings and what Fox could charge for adverts than covid and pushing the events back in the year. Unless the head honchos at Fox know that next year the same thing is going to happen, then the stated reason is bogus. So it conflicts this year, that doesn't mean that you give up your contract with the USGA. I think Fox really overspent on this deal, and they are just using covid as an excuse to bail. I doubt if NBC paid the remaining cost of the contract. Fox would be happy with the amount NBC bid for the rights, take a tax write off on the loss, and not have to spend any money on sending out their crews to do these events.

I for on am happy(even though I follow Holly on Insta), even if Zinger is still around.
        I thought Fox was learning and progressing every year. I think they would have become very good at this, but it's weird to have them only presenting one event a year, and that's a major.

I think writing off losses for tax purposes is less fun than it sounds. Because of the losses part of it.

I checked out Holly's Insta for the first time in ages and it completely creeped me out. Can't unsee some of that stuff.

She used to be kinda pretty in that US grain-fed coed sort of way. Now she looks like an amateur ran amok with photoshop on her face.

Here's a video done by her, or possibly an alien who looks a little bit like her. She needs to get out of Vegas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CByio09l..._web_copy_link
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 180,037   Posts: 1,886,294   Members: 48,513   Active Members: 488
        Welcome to our newest member, teehighletitfly.
        Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
        X