/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Brittany Lincicome to Play with the Boys!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittany Lincicome to Play with the Boys!

This looks like fun, anyone gonna be watching?
    When the Barbasol Championship tees off on July 19, the PGA Tour event will include a woman in the field. Brittany Lincicome, an eight-time winner and two-time major champion on the LPGA Tour, was offered a sponsor's exemption by tournament director Tom Murray.

I like it, would love to see Brooke play in the Canadian Open!

Comment

Go "Bam Bam!"
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Brittany is paired with Sam Ryder and Conrad Schindler at 9:59am (10th tee).

Canadians Nick Taylor, Ben Silverman, Corey Connors, Mac Hughes and David Hearn are also in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
          Brittany is paired with Sam Ryder and Conrad Schindler at 9:59am (10th tee).

Canadians Nick Taylor, Ben Silverman, Corey Connors, Mac Hughes and David Hearn are also in the field.
          Great idea to garner some extra interest in a very uninteresting event!

Comment

Didn't Mackenzie Hughes qualify for the British Open with his win?

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
              Didn't Mackenzie Hughes qualify for the British Open with his win?
              Nope. https://www.theopen.com/Players/Exemptions

Comment

This sponsor invite was a no brainer.
                It's all about the Open Championship this week....the Barbasol is an afterthought.
                Bam Bam is sponsored by Pure Silk....Barbasol owns the Pure Silk brand...the CEO of Barbosol asked Brittnay to play...she said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  This sponsor invite was a no brainer.
                  It's all about the Open Championship this week....the Barbasol is an afterthought.
                  Bam Bam is sponsored by Pure Silk....Barbasol owns the Pure Silk brand...the CEO of Barbosol asked Brittnay to play...she said yes.
                  That's cool, I didn't know this.

Comment

LPGA Podcast about Brittany Lincicome playing on the PGA (audio, 1:08:50)
                    Missy Pederson Interview Starts at: 32:00 minute mark Annika Sorenstam Interview Starts at: 53:00 minute mark Brittany Lincicome is playing on the PG...

includes interview with Brittany's caddy, Missy Pederson (at 32:00) and Annika Sorenstam (at 53:00)

Brittany Lincicome is playing on the PGA TOUR this week and we have her caddie Missy Pederson on the podcast to talk about what it's going to be like competing against the men. Pederson talks about how they started working together, the challenges she'll face this week, nerves, having to hit longer clubs, her famous pizza and more. Legend Annika Sorenstam, who competed on the PGA TOUR in 2003, joins the podcast to talk about what Brittany will face and the Rolex Annika Major Award standings. Sorenstam calls her appearance on the PGA TOUR in 2003 one of the big highlights of her career.

In our roundtable discussion, Amy Rogers, Ron Sirak and Bret Lasky talk about Brittany playing on the PGA, Thidapa Suwannapura's win at the Marathon Classic and Laura Davies' win at the Senior Women's Open. They also answer a great fan question from Howard about Lydia Ko and Yani Tseng. If you have a question, send it to OnTheTee@lpga.com.

In our "Go For it or Lay Up" segment, we debate Emma Talley's ceiling this year, naysayers that may arrive if Lincicome makes the cut and Amy and Ron yell at Bret for bringing up the "American Golf is Struggling" narrative again.

Comment

If Annika could not make the cut in her prime. Why do they think Lincicome will fare any better.

Comment

Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
                        If Annika could not make the cut in her prime. Why do they think Lincicome will fare any better.
                        Maybe they don't think that.

Less than 1/2 of sponsors' exemptions make the cut, so she'll hardly be out of the norm.

Anyway, I think Mr22putt lays out the reasons pretty well. Gotta do something to create some interest in this tournament going up against The Open Championship, and she is sponsored by a Barbasol brand.

She hits it long, but she's not at the top of the Rolex or CME. It's not going to get me to watch, but then again, I'll prolly be watching 20 hours of The British and another 20 of the Tour de France this week.....
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

If the Toronto Maple Leafs are unable to win the Cup in the last 52 years. Why do they keep playing in the NHL.

If Annika could not make the cut in her prime. Why do they think Lincicome will fare any better. I think it's clear that Brittany and Anika are two different people; Anika's performance then has nothing to do with Brittany's performance now.

Comment

Davis Love III interview today:
                            ASAPSports FastScripts, a system using state-of-the-art technology created to produce verbatim FastScripts of press conferences and player/team interviews at sporting events around the globe.

Q. (Regarding Brittany Lincicome. )
                            DAVIS LOVE III: Well, it's obviously fun to have her out. She's one of our favorites that I've gotten to know over the years and watched play not only on the tour, but international competition.

Yeah, I played when Annika played. It's fun for us to see them out. My generation loved playing in the mixed team and competing alongside the LPGA players.

You know, I think it just -- no matter what, our goal out here is to win. No matter what she does this week, it inspires the younger generation, both men and women, to play golf. So I think it's great. It's fun.

I saw her across the range and I was just excited to see her over there hitting balls. She was opposite sides from me in the pro-am so I haven't seen her today, but it's fun. It's exciting.

I don't know how much she knows about this course either, but we're all trying to learn our way around it. She should do well. It's not a big long intimidating golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                              If the Toronto Maple Leafs are unable to win the Cup in the last 52 years. Why do they keep playing in the NHL.

If Annika could not make the cut in her prime. Why do they think Lincicome will fare any better. I think it's clear that Brittany and Anika are two different people; Anika's performance then has nothing to do with Brittany's performance now.
                              You are right, Annika was a better player. I've played PGA set-ups a couple of times the day after the CDN Open and I've played in the Pro-am at a LPGA event in Asia. The courses are two very different animals. Length, thick rough and green speeds will likely be her three biggest changes from what she usually experiences.
                              Good luck to her and I hope she does well.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X