Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryder Cup 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ranking are totally over rated in a one week exhibition. It can be about whom is really playing that best closer to the event than how your ranking is. I would take the 50th best player over #10 if that person had 4 top 10 finishes in say 3 of his last four events, than number 10 whom has played like crap for the past month. I know people are mentioning Sergio as the weak link but Spieth you wouldn't say is on top of his game either. One thing to keep in mind is that European events as a rule have much slower greens than those on the PGA and has given USA fits in the past. Along with straight driving, I think the European team is actually the favorites.

    Comment


    • #32
      Size of the stand at the 1st tee

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_074202.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	2861786
      TM AeroBurner 1 Driver 10.5 degree
      Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
      TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5W
      Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid 4H 23
      TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5I-PW
      Cobra Tour Trusty 52-8/56-8
      Performer High Loft 64
      Taylor Made Ghost 35" putter

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
        Ranking are totally over rated in a one week exhibition. It can be about whom is really playing that best closer to the event than how your ranking is. I would take the 50th best player over #10 if that person had 4 top 10 finishes in say 3 of his last four events, than number 10 whom has played like crap for the past month. I know people are mentioning Sergio as the weak link but Spieth you wouldn't say is on top of his game either. One thing to keep in mind is that European events as a rule have much slower greens than those on the PGA and has given USA fits in the past. Along with straight driving, I think the European team is actually the favorites.
        Unless there is some kind of jinx at the French National course, like Charles De Gaulle's ghost protecting every hole;
        I can't see the Euros winning this, even though that is the result I would prefer.

        Comment


        • #34
          It's only after two rounds at East Lake but if I was the USA I might be a bit worried that I have 4 guys that are at the bottom of that leader board. Every one has brutal fairways hit and from what I heard the Euro's will set up the course for driving it straight.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
            Size of the stand at the 1st tee

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_074202.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	2861786
            Wow - all that for a tournament no one even cares about. At least that's what I've read....
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
              if that person had 4 top 10 finishes in say 3 of his last four events, than number 10
              Interesting...

              Comment


              • #37
                Euros are great value in Vegas right now

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                  It's only after two rounds at East Lake but if I was the USA I might be a bit worried that I have 4 guys that are at the bottom of that leader board. Every one has brutal fairways hit and from what I heard the Euro's will set up the course for driving it straight.
                  Agreed, that does not bode well.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Fantasy Golf Picks for The Ryder Cup need to be in by 2:10 AM ET on Friday. You'll get to know the pairings for The Friday morning matches, but then you're locked in.

                    PS. Don't forget to pick a Team as well as your players.
                    Last edited by WWFS; Sep 23, 2018, 09:54 AM.
                    https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/TGNFantasy

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      US team touching down in Paris:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        quite a short course for the pros at just over 7100 yards but looks like it could present a challenge, particularly the finishing stretch

                        https://www.rydercup.com/course-tour
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Just realized there's no French player on the Euro team even though it is played on French soil.

                          Highest ranked French player is Alexander Levy at 91.

                          Maybe Bjorn should have picked Jean van de Velde.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The US players received rings for making the team?

                            https://twitter.com/bubbawatson/stat...85908206473216
                            TM AeroBurner 1 Driver 10.5 degree
                            Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
                            TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5W
                            Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid 4H 23
                            TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5I-PW
                            Cobra Tour Trusty 52-8/56-8
                            Performer High Loft 64
                            Taylor Made Ghost 35" putter

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                              The US players received rings for making the team?

                              https://twitter.com/bubbawatson/stat...85908206473216
                              Coddling and pampering?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Over the top is my impression. Since they get a brand new golf bag what is wrong with that?

                                Comment


                                Join The TGN Email List

                                Collapse

                                Recently Joined

                                Collapse

                                Topics: 166,094   Posts: 1,738,821   Members: 45,889   Active Members: 233
                                Welcome to our newest member, grants.

                                Today's Birthdays

                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard

                                Collapse


                                TGN Sponsors

                                Working...
                                X