Collapse

WGC MEXICO 2019

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGC MEXICO 2019

Interesting field again this year, from the top stars to the virtually unknown and some totally unknown golfers.
    Big question is, does Kuchar have his regular caddie back this week?
    With no cut, it should be a good pay day regardless of how Kuch does.

So how much does last place pay approximately in these events.....
    Steven Bowditch finished 49 shots behind than the winner of this event in 2016, and walked away with almost $50,000.
    Then we saw Daniel Berger hit one shot, then withdraw, and head home with a similar last-place payout. Last year last place paid $51,500 US.
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Feb 19, 2019, 09:30 AM.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

No way Kuch wasn't making it right prior to WGC Mexico (after the press last week and knowing it was playing big in Mexico too), otherwise he may have had to pull a Daniel Berger too.

Comment

Fantasy Golf entries close at 12:03 PM ET on Thursday.
      TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

I didn't really pay attention to this tournament after its move from Doral.

Just checked the club's website - I didn't realize how high it was. 2400m / 7800 ft. That's REALLY up there.

Will be interesting to see how well players adapt. That will affect yardages, sleep and they can get out of breath just walking the course.
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Hope cheapo Kuch gets heckled like crazy and W/D's....maybe Lorena might lead the chants.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
            Hope cheapo Kuch gets heckled like crazy and W/D's....maybe Lorena might lead the chants.
            Or maybe Montezuma will have his revenge on Kuch.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
              I didn't really pay attention to this tournament after its move from Doral.

Just checked the club's website - I didn't realize how high it was. 2400m / 7800 ft. That's REALLY up there.

Will be interesting to see how well players adapt. That will affect yardages, sleep and they can get out of breath just walking the course.
              This will be the third year at this location so the regular top guys are probably used to it.
              Old man Phil has managed a 1st last year and 7th the year before, given his health conditions, he was either heavily drugged or it didn't really affect him.
              Last edited by 4underthru9; Feb 20, 2019, 07:14 PM.
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Round 1 hole locations

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz5JuNfWwAAEwBl.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	2926022

Comment

I got a series of suspicious e-mails this evening....

Name:	Rory.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	2926055

Then at 5:52 Molinari has withdrawn
                  Koepka at 5:54
                  and Justin Thomas at 6:29

....Yes, I selected Rory, but I don't see where he has withdrawn anywhere on the net
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rory.JPG Views:	0 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	2926055

....Yes, I selected Rory, but I don't see where he has withdrawn anywhere on the net
                    The only 2 WDs I know of are Putnam and Kim.

The timestamp of the last field update from The Tour is 10:58 PM ET, and they are all still listed as in the field.
                    Last edited by WWFS; Feb 20, 2019, 11:02 PM.
                    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rory.JPG Views:	0 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	2926055

I heard Rory got sick on Mexican food the last couple of times he was there.
                      Last edited by 4underthru9; Feb 21, 2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Name:	Rory.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	2926055

I got a bunch of those too between 4:34pm and 6:10pm.

Comment

Appears to be a 'hack' of some sort, Rob Bolton (at the PGA Fantasy site) posted something about these as well, and said it had been fixed

See "Comments" section....

The official web site of the PGA TOUR. Providing the only Real-Time Live Scoring for the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. Home of official PGA TOUR
                          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Appears to be a 'hack' of some sort, Rob Bolton (at the PGA Fantasy site) posted something about these as well, and said it had been fixed

See "Comments" section....

https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy-insi...gc-mexico.html
                            Just there now 10.15 am EST, and some are still having issues with fixing their picks.
                            It seems to be affecting various FGP's of which there are numerous ones on the PGA.com site.
                            I am in several of them but only one that I'm in has been affected as far as I know.

Comment

"I heard Rory got sick on Mexican food"

Food? Or drink?!?

" I didn't realize how high it was. 2400m / 7800 ft. That's REALLY up there"

Yup, places thought of as high altitude like Denver are a third of the way back to sea level. Weird when you fly in there and the flight data tells you are at 10,000 feet and a minute or two from landing.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X