Collapse

THE PLAYERS 2019

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE PLAYERS 2019

OK, so this is a little early at about a week away, just bored with this week,s event I guess.
    However, The Players again is set to be something special, in its position as possible 5th major.

2019 Format
    As of 2019 the victor will receive OMG $2.25 million, the winner's share is (18%) of the largest purse in golf ($12.5 million), and receives 80 points towards his world ranking, the largest share aside from the majors, for which winners earn 100 points.
    For comparison, the winners of the four individual World Golf Championships generally receive between 70 and 78 points.

The winner also receives a five-year exemption on the PGA Tour (formerly ten years),[6] a three-year invitation to the Masters Tournament, three-year exemptions for the U.S. Open and The Open Championship, and an exemption to the next three PGA Championship tournaments starting in 2018. The winner earns 600 FedEx Cup points, if a PGA Tour member.

As stated the 2019 Players Championship would include a $12.5 million purse, "the biggest prize professional golf has ever seen for a single tournament.

BTW, with the huge payouts it becomes a very important event in the WWFS TGN pool, missing out or doing badly in this one could cost you dearly in the season long prizes, so best to get in early with your best picks.
    Final field is usually announced sometime after 5pm Friday on https://www.pgatour.com.
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Mar 8, 2019, 01:25 PM.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

My 2nd favourite Tournament of the season!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      My 2nd favourite Tournament of the season!
      I think Tom has infected you with his style

I'm also looking forward to this tournament. Never played TPC Sawgrass but have been to the property hoping to use the range. Since the range was closed I walked over to #18 green and remember thinking WOW this course is tight. Accuracy off the tee is so important!

Last edited by Toughpar3; Mar 8, 2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

A fun read about the 17th with many players perspectives,

Comment

Odds & Prop bets...and oh yeah, another place I look to for golf info semi-regularly
          https://golfblogger.com/odds-to-win-...-championship/
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            Odds & Prop bets...and oh yeah, another place I look to for golf info semi-regularly
            https://golfblogger.com/odds-to-win-...-championship/
            Take the "OVER" on balls in the water on 17.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Did any one see Rory hit the sprinkler head on his 18th hole(the ninth)? That's a rub of the green for sure, and they didn't use lube.

Comment

Ryan Moore aces 17

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                  Ryan Moore aces 17
                  As of now, #17 is playing under par for the field. Easiest par 3 on the course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 7.41.17 PM.png
Views:	466
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	2936041
                  Last edited by WWFS; Mar 14, 2019, 06:42 PM.
                  TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Keegan certainly has re-found his game. I've seen his name on several leaderboards as of late.

It's still early, but I'd like to see Fleetwood win a big USA event.

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                    Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                      Keegan certainly has re-found his game. I've seen his name on several leaderboards as of late.

I'm sure he will soon. He's been playing well for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                        Did any one see Rory hit the sprinkler head on his 18th hole(the ninth)? That's a rub of the green for sure, and they didn't use lube.
                        That was wild. And his ball coming to rest on the bag next to the lady on the seat - who wasn't flinching a muscle, was equally bizarre.

Actually, I thought she could have moved at any time being an "external agent".

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

I'd like to see either win.

I kinda missed Goober McFidgets' antics. He's started off well this morning - 2 under after 3 holes.... could have been 3-under, he missed a 3 foot putt after sticking his approach on the 1st.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

That was wild. And his ball coming to rest on the bag next to the lady on the seat - who wasn't flinching a muscle, was equally bizarre.

Actually, I thought she could have moved at any time being an "external agent".
                            My take is the bag it came to rest against would be considered a moveable obstruction. So regardless of her actions the ball would be placed where it came to rest. Her not moving anything just allowed for the spot to be accurately determined.

Comment

Oh Tiger......

17th at TPC Sawgrass claims another victim.....
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X