Collapse

Mickelson v. Woods - a rematch?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickelson v. Woods - a rematch?

When it comes to the unrepentant folklore of Phil Mickelson, vulgarity has always been a central character. Take the night after ‘The Match’ – the farcical Las Vegas pay-per-view contest between himself and Tiger Woods in 2018 – when country singer Jake Owen approached Mickelson and echoed the thoughts of the wider world by asking for a refund. Mickelson promptly reached into
    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Yawn ....
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

The first one was awful.

It was supposed to be a spectacle, but was a complete bore. The only thing spectacular about it was the shameless greed.

So.... they want to do it again?

I'd be somewhat interested if they had some skin in the game. Like loser donates $5 mill to Covid charity and winner only has to donate half of that. Maybe they could just step up and do that without the spectacle of the golf, since it wasn't very entertaining the first time.

If they plan to do it for a big chunk of money for themselves again, that would be somewhat "tone deaf" at this time.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

It doesn't excite me, but given there is no other sports going on, I might be tempted to watch if there aren't too many gimmicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Yawn ....
          Beat me to it lol.

Comment

If this works out, Geraldo Rivera is going to do a live special in which he takes a closer look in Al Capone's vault to see if he missed anything.

Comment

Might be Phil's only chance of seeing any significant prize money in 2020, or making a cut. Woods may have to spot him a few strokes, even if he is still not 100%. And if they do this as a not for charity event, it would be a marketing and publicity fiasco. Neither of them will require bail-outs in 2020, but the potential payout to needy charities could be huge.
              And I still would not watch it. Yawn
              No good deed goes unpunished.
              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

I've got a feeling that the match he's hinting at isn't a live match, but each of them playing online. (I'm not a gamer, so I have no idea what the current golf games are, but whatever the PGA-approved game is now.)

Comment

Apparently they would do it with a partner and it was rumoured to potentially be Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, but that's just rumours.

Comment

boring - both over the hill - get some young guns in their place and donate the majority of the take to a Covid Charity
                    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
                    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
                    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
                    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
                    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
                      boring - both over the hill - get some young guns in their place and donate the majority of the take to a Covid Charity
                      Hi Amigo. I miss our yak fests at Golf Town. Drop by when we re-open.
                      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Mitsubishi Vanquish 40 A Flex​​
                      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post
                        Apparently they would do it with a partner and it was rumoured to potentially be Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, but that's just rumours.
                        I hope not. That would be a no watch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I hope not. That would be a no watch for me.
                          uhhhh... why?

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

uhhhh... why?
                            Why would I want to watch Brady or Manning, both of whom I am a fan of, play golf? Why not have Tiger and Phil throw a football?

Comment

This is dumb. Again Phil trying to stay relevant nobody cares let’s not do an encore or something that was a disaster the first time.
                              Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                              Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                              Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                              Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                              Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                              Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                              Ping Hoofer

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse