/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Bryson DeChambeau

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wanted to go to the other side of the fence and do what, tap it out a couple of inches or feet? He's taking a stroke regardless. It was a strange hole. I must admit he is an interesting dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
      He wanted to go to the other side of the fence and do what, tap it out a couple of inches or feet? He's taking a stroke regardless. It was a strange hole. I must admit he is an interesting dude.
      Wasn't it the ball from one of his earlier shots though? So at least 2 or 4 strokes less and all he had to do was move it a couple of feet to get it back in play. I couldn't follow which ball ended up where - could it have been is original ball?
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• That definitely wasn't his defining moment. I get the stupid choices as he's 26 and has a lot to learn/control. I also get why he wanted a perfect ruling on the ball under the fence as that would have saved him 2 strokes and who knows what would have transpired after that. What he needs to focus on is not taking out his frustrations on others and own his actions. He also ticks a different way and is so smart he's probably not use to being on that end of a wrong.

Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

• Today's clown show with Bryson...or should I say zoology class

https://twitter.com/GOLFonCBS/status...48730771759107

Comment

• Not in the spirit of the game penalty should apply

Comment

• Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
              Not in the spirit of the game penalty should apply
              Agreed. He was worried about some ants?! He got a bad lie and wanted an official to legitimize cheating. Nice to see him double bogey the hole.
              On the other hands it looks like Brooks Koepka has recovered from his knee injury.

Comment

• Why is it every week he does something stupid. Someone should get a cardboard cutout of the new Bryson and put a diaper on it in the locker room
                Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                  Why is it every week he does something stupid. Someone should get a cardboard cutout of the new Bryson and put a diaper on it in the locker room
                  Increased testosterone levels, as discussed, can lead to temporary and sudden outbreaks of anger, poor judgement and/or risk taking. That usually blow over quickly.

Has Mr. DeChambeau exhibited any of these since the resumption of the PGA season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Increased testosterone levels, as discussed, can lead to temporary and sudden outbreaks of anger, poor judgement and/or risk taking. That usually blow over quickly.

Has Mr. DeChambeau exhibited any of these since the resumption of the PGA season?
                    You mean like rahm?

Comment

• I'm glad I wasn't the only one watching him try different angles to get a ruling....you have to start to question his ethics when he pursues the burrowing animal option, especially when it doesn't even interfere with his intended swing/stance

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengolfer66 View Post
                        I'm glad I wasn't the only one watching him try different angles to get a ruling....you have to start to question his ethics when he pursues the burrowing animal option, especially when it doesn't even interfere with his intended swing/stance
                        He's a guy who's shown he'll go to great lengths to gain what he perceives to be any competitive advantage. It then follows that he'd approach the rules of the game in a similar fashion. I don't like it but he isn't the first to do it.
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Agreed, but the line between competitive advantage and adhering to the integrity of the game are getting very blurred...agree he isn't the only one pushing the boundaries though.

Comment

Agreed, but the line between competitive advantage and adhering to the integrity of the game are getting very blurred...agree he isn't the only one pushing the boundaries though.
                            Matt Kuchar comes to mind!
                            It's fine to ask the referee for a ruling and a Rules interpretation, and ask some clarifying questions, but when it crosses the line when showing disdain for the decision and/or trying to extend the boundaries of the situation to possibly achieve a favourable outcome. The PGATour referees are very good at their profession.

Comment

Agreed, but the line between competitive advantage and adhering to the integrity of the game are getting very blurred...agree he isn't the only one pushing the boundaries though.
                              It's sad. Golf is supposed to be a game of integrity. For some that seems to be disappearing.

Comment

• Is it my imagination or does he look a little less 'fit' than he did the first couple of weeks after the Tour resumed?

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 179,995   Posts: 1,886,017   Members: 48,501   Active Members: 489
                                Welcome to our newest member, Atc20.
                                Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X