Collapse

Bryson DeChambeau

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryson DeChambeau

Off for 3 months. Comes back looking quite different. Increased swing speed, and increased distance.

I suspected Tiger of enhancing his performance years ago. Could DeChambeau have gained this much naturally in 3 months?
    If so, how can he maintain it during the tour?
    What is the testing protocol for the PGA?
    How was he able to alter his body shape and dimensions so much and so quickly and not impair his swing?

And how come I was (pre surgery) much bigger and lifted far heavier weights than PGA players, and was such a short hitter?

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
    Off for 3 months. Comes back looking quite different. Increased swing speed, and increased distance.

I suspected Tiger of enhancing his performance years ago. Could DeChambeau have gained this much naturally in 3 months?
    If so, how can he maintain it during the tour?
    What is the testing protocol for the PGA?
    How was he able to alter his body shape and dimensions so much and so quickly and not impair his swing?

And how come I was (pre surgery) much bigger and lifted far heavier weights than PGA players, and was such a short hitter?
    I don't think that maintaining it up will be difficult on the Tour. The health facilities available to players are pretty remarkable. I don't know what procedures for the traveling facilities are during the COVID-19 restrictions, but I haven't heard of any. Either way, I would expect the hotels they use to have adequate training facilities.

Testing is completely random. Every week, a player(s) may see an envelope in their locker informing them to show up for screening.

It will be interesting to see if DeChambeau faces the same fate that David Duval did. As I've never considered DeChambeau to be much of a "feel" player, he may not.

As for your situation... it must be your equipment.
    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Of interest from across the pond: https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/...hvzeTYgaZ4nDmB

Click image for larger version

Name:	bryson-bulked-up-web-630x473.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	3169260

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Here is an interesting article of his transformation.
        A buffed-out Bryson DeChambeau is near the top of the Charles Schwab Challenge leaderboard, shoving Colonial in a locker with a five-under 65.

Comment

If you're focused on training, his results absolutely can be achieved in 3 months.

Keep in mind this is someone who was already fit and had a base to build from. It's not as if he is coming from nothing to where he is today in that 3 month span.
          10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
          16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
          20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
          4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
          Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
            If you're focused on training, his results absolutely can be achieved in 3 months.

Keep in mind this is someone who was already fit and had a base to build from. It's not as if he is coming from nothing to where he is today in that 3 month span.
            Not 3 months. He started last fall and came out bigger in Jan. before the shutdown.

Just caught the end of a BChamblee clip talking about him and he seemed to be saying he was not only bigger, stronger but had also made swing adjustments to go with the changes in physique. So far he's longer AND more accurate.

Time will tell if it's good long term or not but if you can add 20 yds + accuracy and w/out breaking down that's a big deal.

Comment

Hopefully his bulking up doesn't make him any slower than he already is. I always thought he was a bit of a ****. Now he's possibly just a bigger ****.
              No good deed goes unpunished.
              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

His increased driving distance notwithstanding, why do people say he 'buffed up' as if it was intentional. To my eyes, he simply gotten fat during the locked down?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                  His increased driving distance notwithstanding, why do people say he 'buffed up' as if it was intentional. To my eyes, he simply gotten fat during the locked down?
                  Check his shoulders, neck and pectoral area. Much larger/thicker than in previous pictures.

What I cannot find are photos comparing what he looked like just prior to the onset of the pandemic to what he looks like now. Would appreciate any links,

There is a limit to how much/quickly a human can naturally add bulk. And if he bulked up considerably then it alters your centre of balance, flexibility, muscle movement etc, which can change your rotation and swing,

https://golf.com/news/bryson-dechamb...driving-stats/

Comment

Check his shoulders, neck and pectoral area. Much larger/thicker than in previous pictures.

What I cannot find are photos comparing what he looked like just prior to the onset of the pandemic to what he looks like now. Would appreciate any links,

There is a limit to how much/quickly a human can naturally add bulk. And if he bulked up considerably then it alters your centre of balance, flexibility, muscle movement etc, which can change your rotation and swing,

Comment

Thanks. Not all of the pictures have dates. Based on the December 2019 photo and the fact that the has gained considerable 'girth' with his muscle increase, it could reasonably be 'natural'.

Still surprising that the increased overall 'girth' has not negatively impacted his swing.

Comment

Here’s another article on the subject. It mentions that one was able to follow him online through his training program.

[jwplayer GESQ2Vfa-vgFm21H3] FORT WORTH, Texas — The PGA Tour’s first day back in the spotlight after a three-month, pandemic-induced break brought a number of familiar faces to the screen, b…

As for accessing his training program online, this article provides more detail:

You don’t have to be a gamer to watch Bryson DeChambeau’s Twitch channel, but it certainly helps. DeChambeau has followed a similar routine to many of his fellow PGA Tour mates during t…

Thanks. Not all of the pictures have dates. Based on the December 2019 photo and the fact that the has gained considerable 'girth' with his muscle increase, it could reasonably be 'natural'.

Still surprising that the increased overall 'girth' has not negatively impacted his swing.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Nowadays who knows…

At age 26 and after having already bulked up significantly prior, adding 20 lbs of muscles(not fat) is practically impossible unless you're having some of what Barry was having…

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post

Nowadays who knows…

At age 26 and after having already bulked up significantly prior, adding 20 lbs of muscles(not fat) is practically impossible unless you're having some of what Barry was having…
                            I would not call the bulk around his mid section “muscle”🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post

I would not call the bulk around his mid section “muscle”🙂
                              He certainly isn't "chiseled". He has no "definition". He's softly rounded, not hard and angular. He's big, not huge.

So.... maybe that wasn't his goal.

He's driving the ball a mile, and pretty straight too. Perhaps that was the goal.

T2 and 1 back after 2 days. That looks like things are working for him.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X