No announcement yet.
Collapse

John Rahm as World #1 ??!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OWGR are NOT a Power Rankings. They are not used to identify who is the best player going in to a given tournament. They were established to create fields for Major Championships and other tournaments that fell outside of the PGA Tour's eligibility criteria - in a fair and transparent manner. It's been made into something way more important than it should be. Listen to the No Laying Up podcast episode 309.

It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

This Rahm slander is ridiculous. He is 25 year old with the best top-10 percentage of all time for the PGA Tour at 44% (37/85). How he has a Memorial, probably the 6th best tournament in the world behind the Majors and Players, in a major-like field. Oh ya... and he should have won by 5 strokes.

How can you say he doesn't deserve it?

Comment

Originally posted by emvee View Post
        I'd like him a lot more if he'd quit the club slamming.

If there's a bunch of guys within a stroke or 2 of the lead on the back 9 of a major on Sunday, do the other players think he's the guy to beat? We'll see.
        I like club slammers...and throwers. Sergio Garcia was one of the best.

Comment

Rahm didn't invent the system and by far has been the most consistent golfer the past year. I doubt very much if that ball move was noticeable to the naked eye and that lie could not be improved even if you placed it on top of that rough.
          The OWGR has always been a controversial subject but to slam the guy like that either shows a dislike for the guy or an ignorance of the game.

Comment

Rhambo is no Kirk Triplett - that’s for sure 😉

Comment

If he did notice it moved, would be tough to replace it back perfectly by 1mm so as not to incur the penalty.

Comment

For those crying over him improving his lie, do you guys call a 2 stroke penalty on yourself when you do it in a round? And I'm sure the ball moves more than once a round for you guys.

Anyways congrats to Rahm, dude has been playing killer lately, deserves the spot and a shake up at #1 is probably a good thing too for the sport. Too many people don't like change and this is that, can't wait to see what happens if Bryson ever reaches #1, half of you will probably have a mental breakdown.
                Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                TP5X 2024
                Ghost Katana

Comment

An awful player

Comment

Originally posted by emvee View Post
                    If there's a bunch of guys within a stroke or 2 of the lead on the back 9 of a major on Sunday, do the other players think he's the guy to beat? We'll see.
                    In 2020, no. In 2023, yes.

Comment

Impressive win and a star studded top 10 leaderboard.

Rahm reminds me of a hybrid between Jack and Seve.
                      He seems to be a pretty decent dude as well, so hard not to like him.

Great crop of young stars on the tour right now
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

The man can play, and he seems so likeable.

For a Tour that we've been told is on its last legs, it's still producing an exciting product.

QUOTE=Weirfan;n3636051]Impressive win and a star studded top 10 leaderboard.

Great crop of young stars on the tour right now[/QUOTE]

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Backyard View Post
                          I've been watching golf for a long time and John Rahm as world Home must be the ultimate bastar*ization of the "title". Only 4 pga wins (yes, I see he has 6 european wins but who cares) and missing cuts in 4 of his 14 major appearances (T3 is his best result). And now, he is found to be chronic lie-improver ... what a strange year this has been.
                          Well here is at #1, must have done a lot of those improvement moves Eh!
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            The man can play, and he seems so likeable.

For a Tour that we've been told is on its last legs, it's still producing an exciting product.

QUOTE=Weirfan;n3636051]Impressive win and a star studded top 10 leaderboard.

Great crop of young stars on the tour right now
                            [/QUOTE]

Joe Backyard has or had a different opinion. LOL
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X