Collapse

SAFEWAY OPEN

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFEWAY OPEN

With this week's Safeway Open comes the start of the 2020-21 PGA Tour.
    Two interesting entrants for sure, our own Graham Delaet and then the return of Hunter Mahan.
    Highest ranked OWR is #28 Shane Lowery so not a big event for the big guys except FIGJAM
    who is here probably hoping to pick up a few cheap bucks and then will complain about the taxes.
    BTW if you suddenly thought you missed your picks, no worries this event is not in the season long TGN pool, that's back next week with the US Open at Winged Foot GC.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

I am lost, for the 20-21 FedEx race are there going to be 2 US Opens and 2 Masters tournaments which count in the points standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post
      I am lost, for the 20-21 FedEx race are there going to be 2 US Opens and 2 Masters tournaments which count in the points standings.
      Looks like that's how it's going to be: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Looks like that's how it's going to be: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html
        Wow - what a weird couple of seasons of sport.

My first thought was "I don't like this...", but there really aren't any better alternatives.

In the long run, the FedEx Cup is just a bunch of golf tournaments. This year's list is a little different than any other, but should end up pretty much the same in the end.

The only alternatives were to not hold the Masters or the US Open this fall - or to exclude them from Fedex points and those don't seem very good at all.

Gotta admit I was surprised to see the leaderboard on the right of my screen this morning. I wasn't really paying attention and had been expecting some sort of break between seasons.
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Nice to see Delaet back in action. Didn’t know he needs the one handed chipping stroke.
          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Ping Hoofer

Comment

In the wrap around season they had one day off. It’s the start of the season boys. The US open, and Masters will still count as the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
              In the wrap around season they had one day off. It’s the start of the season boys. The US open, and Masters will still count as the last season.
              Do you mean for Official Money?

Not the Fedex points. I believe DJ's already cashed the cheque.

I haven't looked, but OWGR are a rolling target. I think they did some tinkering with the formula to mitigate the effect of past results dropping off with no opportunity for new ones to replace them.

Funny looking field. I'll be watching the Ladies instead.
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Do you mean for Official Money?

Not the Fedex points. I believe DJ's already cashed the cheque.

I haven't looked, but OWGR are a rolling target. I think they did some tinkering with the formula to mitigate the effect of past results dropping off with no opportunity for new ones to replace them.

Funny looking field. I'll be watching the Ladies instead.
                No doubt. All the name players are practicing at a Winged Foot. Except Phil M.

Comment

Looks that way according to the schedule. On the 2019-2020 schedule they have this note with reference to the US Open, Masters and the Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship:
                  (*) These are tournaments which were part of 2019-2020 season but were rescheduled to later in the calendar 2020 year. They are officially part of the 2020-2021 season (see full schedule)
                  Nice to see Michael Gligic and David Hearn make the cut this week and get on the new Fedex list early. Neither of them have made very many cuts in 2020.

EDIT: Golf.com on the new season:
                  The 2020-21 PGA Tour season is officially upon us, so without further adieu, here are 21 things you need to know to prepare for the new season.

There will be 50 events (the most since 1975) with 6 majors. Plus the Olympics at the end of August.

More details:
                  https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/09...21-season.html

Also: Eligibility rules for qualifying for 2020-2021 and 2021-22 seasons:
                  Due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic that resulted in 13 events from the 2019-20 PGA TOUR Season to be canceled or postponed, the PGA TOUR has
                  Last edited by sjmcampbell; Sep 12, 2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X