/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Jordan Spieth - What's Happening to the Wonder Boy ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post

My point is that he is not happy and content with the good life. He wants to get back the game he knows he has. He isnt a quitter thats for sure.
    Agreed. I don't think one achieves the heights he did without a huge competitive streak in them, and the determination to match that.
    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
    Srixon Star XV
    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Similar to Luke Donald I believe? He missed the cut by 10 strokes.
      Seems like yesterday when he was top money man on both the PGA tour and the Euro Tour in 2011.
      Luke also had bad back issues and I believe he had surgery a few years ago.
      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

Luke also had bad back issues and I believe he had surgery a few years ago.
        Yeh, I think he got that from trying to hit the ball further.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post

My point is that he is not happy and content with the good life. He wants to get back the game he knows he has. He isnt a quitter thats for sure.
          I agree, he is no quitter. He had the inner drive & determination to reach quite a level fo success early on, and I believe he still has that desire.

Comment

He put up an 81 today. I haven’t seen any action yet but that’s not good
            Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
            Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
            Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
            Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
            Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
            Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
            Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
              He put up an 81 today. I haven’t seen any action yet but that’s not good
              Ya but so did many others today too. Winged Foot can penalize you even on good strikes. That being said he isn't playing to his full potential. We see bits of the old Jordan here and there but I think its all between his ears. He gets down on himself while he's out there far too often. He wears his emotions on his sleeve.
              Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Them fugly under armour shoes are preventing the slide to the left he needed for his old chicken wing action. That wasn’t a great swing before but it worked for him

Comment

As people age, different things motivate them, their needs change, outlook on life changes, etc. Golf was a 24x7 thing for him for several years. (side note - I know someone who was a nationally ranked swimmer who now in their 20s wont even go near a pool unless to relax on a floatie) He's married now. Maybe having a happy home is what turns his crank now. Maybe the thing in life we wants to avoid is a situation where his wife chasing after him with a 7-iron and smashing his car.

Maybe he'll be the next Steve Stricker where his career will peak again later in life if his misses playing at the highest level.

Comment

Never the best ball striker, Jordan is now ranked 188 in overall putting. Putting well covers up a lot of weaknesses elsewhere. When the magic left the short wand, he was exposed. Sort of like Tom Watson. Different playing styles, of course, but when you can drain every 8 footer for par it really frees up the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by meefer View Post
                      Never the best ball striker, Jordan is now ranked 188 in overall putting. Putting well covers up a lot of weaknesses elsewhere. When the magic left the short wand, he was exposed. Sort of like Tom Watson. Different playing styles, of course, but when you can drain every 8 footer for par it really frees up the rest of the game.
                      Reminded me of Weir making virtually every 6 footer at his Masters win. Once that goes away the weaknesses in the rest of game get amplified. I just wonder how someone loses it as quickly as Speith did. One of the golden boys no longer shines. That must bother him to no end.

Comment

Many top short hitting pros come to the realization that the long hitters have a vast advantage. Every course really becomes a par 68 to the longer hitters so that's 4 strokes per round times 4 means he is really 16 shots behind at the start of the tournament. Pretty tough ride that mentally wears you out,ie Luke Donald,Mike Weir, Ian Baker Finch,Zack Johnson and Jordan Speith. So apparent in the Canadian Open playoff with Weir and Singh,where Mike had to hit 5 wd ,Vijay approached 18 with a 6 iron. I now wonder how many short hitting pros will try Bryson new method to pound that ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
                          Many top short hitting pros come to the realization that the long hitters have a vast advantage. Every course really becomes a par 68 to the longer hitters so that's 4 strokes per round times 4 means he is really 16 shots behind at the start of the tournament. Pretty tough ride that mentally wears you out,ie Luke Donald,Mike Weir, Ian Baker Finch,Zack Johnson and Jordan Speith. So apparent in the Canadian Open playoff with Weir and Singh,where Mike had to hit 5 wd ,Vijay approached 18 with a 6 iron. I now wonder how many short hitting pros will try Bryson new method to pound that ball.
                          An advantage, for sure, but vast?

Short-knocker Weir was 2 ahead of Singh after 63 holes. Then 2 3-putts coming home got them tied.

He tied Singh on the first 2 playoff holes. Then hit a tee shot and then put a ball in the water.

He ended up losing, but I didn't see "vast" advantage. Just a little good/bad luck for each.

That was also during Vijay's epic year. 9 wins and he took over world #1 from Tiger - who had held it for just over 5 years running.

Back on topic, JS seems to have lost the magic of his putting. He was ridiculous at that for his big years. Seems odd that his watery disasters at Augusta would affect his putting, but it's probably all linked to confidence.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

I really don't think vast is overstated. Most pros do not spray the ball around like us ams so for them to hit it further they certainly have a vast advantage. Anyone here can hit a 3wd more accurately as a 6iron, probably not. Pros that can't hit most par5 in 2 are so screwed.

Comment

Chasing the long ball can bleed into the short game. But I’m sure new marriage can affect the golf game too. Who knows. I’m sure Moe Norman would not have been so consistent good if he was married and had to travel in a car with the Mrs

Comment

He’s too loyal for this, but he needs to fire everyone - Greller, McCormick, the whole ‘team‘ and do a complete reboot.

Change is as good as a vacation...

I think it’s his only way, it’s radical but he needs a fresh perspective. I would’ve thought they would’ve all resigned by now to make it easier on him but alas.

- Ian
                                TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                                TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                                TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                                * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                                TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                                TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                                Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X