Collapse

Players going without contract or moving to a new brand - speculation

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players going without contract or moving to a new brand - speculation

I see John Rham and Jason Day didn’t make the taylormade Christmas card pic - wonder where they will end up? Any other rumours out there?

John Rham most likely to Callaway because of Mickelson connection.
    Difference between Regular, Stiff, X-Stiff is the amount of alcohol content. Enjoy responsibly.

Mizuno SWING DNA Speed [85] Tempo [4] ToeDown [4] KickAngle [4] Release [8]

Comment

Already pictures spotted of Rahm with callaway clubs and bag at his home course.
      He had so much success with Taylor, unnecessary risk, imo.

Comment

Tommy Fleetwood to Taylormade.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post
          Already pictures spotted of Rahm with callaway clubs and bag at his home course.
          He had so much success with Taylor, unnecessary risk, imo.
          It does seem strange that after a good, even great couple of years that Rahm would switch equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

It does seem strange that after a good, even great couple of years that Rahm would switch equipment.
            The brand of clubs doesn't make a difference, for these guys, once the get them set up correctly and a few weeks with them he will be playing just as well.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

The brand of clubs doesn't make a difference, for these guys, once the get them set up correctly and a few weeks with them he will be playing just as well.
              Tell that to Justin Rose.
              He tanked when he moved to Honma from TM and never has been the same since.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Hope that baby fave doesn’t go away. Think he was playing Pings before turning pro

Comment

Here's a good story on Fred Couples, not sure if he had a club deal with Bridgestone (played the same model for 10 years).

I think it may have been a ball deal only.

Fred also allegedly still plays a 12 year old Callaway square 3 wood.

https://www.golfwrx.com/639791/fred-...fter-10-years/
                  Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                  Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                  Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                  Ping G400 4H - 22*
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                  Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                  Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Or Rory when he switched to Nike. Lost a year or so because he struggled with the switch.

Rahm strikes me as the kinda guy you could give a Canadian Tire box set to and he’d still play well.

Apparently when Fleetwood would wear out an Nike iron TM would make him an exact match to his old One. He had a couple in play towards the end of last year.
                    Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                    Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                    Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                    Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                    Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                    Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

Or Rory when he switched to Nike. Lost a year or so because he struggled with the switch.

Rahm strikes me as the kinda guy you could give a Canadian Tire box set to and he’d still play well.

Apparently when Fleetwood would wear out an Nike iron TM would make him an exact match to his old One. He had a couple in play towards the end of last year.
                      I'm not saying Rahm can't dominate at Callaway. I'm just saying that I'm not sure I would have advised switching, if I was a member of his team, after the run he had to #1 with TM.
                      Rahm is definitely a gamer and I think his edge is the fire and passion. He doesn't like to lose. That putt to win over DJ was crazy!

Comment

Rahm will be getting mega Bank from Cally as he will be the face going forward as Phil is just getting too up there in age and won't be on the main stage for much longer.

Comment

I'm not saying Rahm can't dominate at Callaway. I'm just saying that I'm not sure I would have advised switching, if I was a member of his team, after the run he had to #1 with TM.
                          Rahm is definitely a gamer and I think his edge is the fire and passion. He doesn't like to lose. That putt to win over DJ was crazy!
                          He was pretty good in college playing Pings.

Comment

This ^^^^
                            TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                            TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                            * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                            TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                            TM TP5 Golf Ball
                            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                            Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

I would add Sergio was another 'switch gamble' fail...

Really can't blame players for being 'brandless', but it seems silly for the Rose's and the Garcia's of the world to switch at this late stage of their careers, although rumour had it both didn't have a choice, TM was cutting back on endorsement deals, etc.

Makes sense as I can't imagine Jason Day wanting the equipment distraction with the other distractions he has impacting his game.
                              TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                              TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                              TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                              TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                              TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                              * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                              TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                              TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                              TM TP5 Golf Ball
                              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                              Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X