/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Tiger: HBO documentary

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger: HBO documentary

Anybody watching this? At what point do journalists/directors ask themselves "does the whole world need to know this? Invasion of privacy?" Are there any ethical boundaries in journalism?

Did Tiger piss a lot of people off or people are jealous? Ex-girlfriend revealing details of past love letters? Ex-girlfriend revealing detail phone calls of Tiger crying on the phone? Friend of family discussing Earl's affairs? Friend of family golf pro discussing Earl's behaviour? The documentary managed to track down Tiger's kindergarten teacher. Very unprofessional for the teacher to publicly speak about Tiger and his family....ethical violation? I would imagine these are now "former" friends after Tiger views the documentary.

Next week's part 2 is going to be a disaster for Tiger.
    Last edited by unskinnybop99; Jan 11, 2021, 11:00 PM.

I watched it last night as well, interesting to say the least and yeah some very questionable things said about Tiger’s and Earl’s private life that probably should not have been shared, and your right next week when all the ladies start talking look out 😟. Could cost Tiger some endorsement deals ....again!

Comment

There's waaay more in the book -- they seemed to actually take it easy on him it seems -- welp, so far! lol

Comment

How people choose to live their private life is their business. I love watching Tiger golf, I couldn't care less about how many women he slept with or his Father's love life.

Comment

One of the worst documentaries Ive ever seen. I made it 10 mins shy of episode 1. Should have had a opening scene and theme song to Jerry Springer. Scrap writing and info that was never needed to tell a story. Looks to me that HBO just wants to stoke a fire, and fill some time with info that most people don't need to know about, or maybe even care about.

Comment

Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
            Anybody watching this? At what point do journalists/directors ask themselves "does the whole world need to know this? Invasion of privacy?" Are there any ethical boundaries in journalism?
            People like to make MONEY and like to watch TRAIN WRECKS.

TMZ Drama Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
              1) I would imagine these are now "former" friends after Tiger views the documentary.

2) Next week's part 2 is going to be a disaster for Tiger.
              1) Eldrick likely hasn't seen nor spoke to those people for 3+ decades....I doubt Tiger considered them friends...nor really cares about them.

2) I'd be curious what Subway 2 for 1 coupon was used when Tiger toke pancake waitress for something to eat.

I also want to know what flavor popsicle Hank Haney was denied.

Comment

Now I have to watch it.... I was turned off by the commercials where his dad called Tiger his "Gift to the world".... A transcendent golfer, who I watched & cheered on. But yep just a golfer.

Comment

I enjoyed episode 1. Looking forward to #2.

I didn’t hear anything surprising in episode 1 but I’ve followed Tiger closely for decades.

bladerunner

Comment

Anyone got a link?

I just watched an old 45 min HBO Tiger Woods documentary on youtube thinking it was it.
                    Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                    Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

I got bored after about 30 minutes but made it through. My wife liked it more than I did. Good ending though. Next week should be more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
                        I enjoyed episode 1. Looking forward to #2.

I didn’t hear anything surprising in episode 1 but I’ve followed Tiger closely for decades.

bladerunner
                        My thoughts exactly. Not crazy about the guy's private life but he is an icon.

Comment

Originally posted by eastendduffer View Post
                          There's waaay more in the book -- they seemed to actually take it easy on him it seems -- welp, so far! lol
                          I thought the same thing

Comment

Shaggin
                            Dans le BAG...
                            PING G30 LS 9*, PING G25 14.5*, PING G30 19*
                            PING I25 4-LW
                            Titleist Vokey SM6 62*
                            Scotty Cameron Classics Laguna

Comment

Wagon
                              Dans le BAG...
                              PING G30 LS 9*, PING G25 14.5*, PING G30 19*