Collapse

2021 Masters

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Masters

just got this. Not sure exactly what this means for me but my hope is we don't get selected for 2021 and we can get tickets for 2022

Augusta National Ticketing Update
    Today, Chairman Fred Ridley announced that Augusta National Golf Club intends to conduct the 85th Masters Tournament, Augusta National Women's Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals as scheduled, with limited attendance. The events will be conducted with similar health and safety standards to those previously instituted at the Masters Tournament in November 2020. With these protocols in place, efforts are being made to include a small number of patrons, provided it can be done safely.

As a ticket holder of record, Augusta National will communicate the status of your tickets by Monday, January 18. Please be advised that those who are selected to attend in 2021 will be mailed new tickets. Ticket holders of record who are not selected for 2021 will receive a refund and guaranteed the opportunity to receive the same tickets again in 2022.

We appreciate your continued understanding and patience under these unique circumstances.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

That's how I read it. If you don't get 2021 tickets, they will refund you and give you first right of refusal on the same tickets for 2022.
    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

I’m with you. Put me on the 2022 list when it’s actually possible to go and get the full experience!

Comment

Originally posted by AKooren View Post
        I’m with you. Put me on the 2022 list when it’s actually possible to go and get the full experience!
        Maybe I'm not reading it right, or understanding people's objectives but.....

Wouldn't tix to 2021 be ideal? Way smaller crowds and a chance to get close to watch the very best players??????

On the downside, you'd miss some of the roars from the crowds watching shots on holes you're near to.

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Wouldn't tix to 2021 be ideal? Way smaller crowds and a chance to get close to watch the very best players??????

On the downside, you'd miss some of the roars from the crowds watching shots on holes you're near to.

Well the isolation upon return isn't ideal, at least for someone like me. Burn up 2 weeks of holidays upon return.

Hard to say what Augusta will have to offer the select few patrons, if your looking for the "full" experience. Retail store could be closed, concession stands closed or limited. Par 3 contest may or may not take place. Chances of getting autographs are likely slim to none.
          Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Originally posted by CRobertson View Post

Well the isolation upon return isn't ideal, at least for someone like me. Burn up 2 weeks of holidays upon return.

Hard to say what Augusta will have to offer the select few patrons, if your looking for the "full" experience. Retail store could be closed, concession stands closed or limited. Par 3 contest may or may not take place. Chances of getting autographs are likely slim to none.
            Fair points, but....

if I had the chance to attend The Masters with tiny crowds and a real chance of watching the very best players up close (as opposed to 17 people in front of me) I'd be on that like stink on a skunk (or monkey).
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

well there is that COVID thing I am concerned about. But ya, other than that....

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!
                April 13, 2021.

Live from Toronto with CTV News.
                We have just discovered that 8 Ontario Cabinet Ministers travelled to Augusta National on a 4 day junket to attend the 2021 Masters.

When asked why they flew down for NON-ESSENTIAL travel during the continuing PANDEMIC.
                One replied:
                "Hey, the pimento cheese sandwiches are so DELICIOUS, I had to go and they are still only $1.50 US...what a deal.

4 ministers will serve their 14 day mandatory quarantine with full pay.
                While 4 ministers have resigned, but are still eligible to collect their $150,000/yr indexed pension and benefits.

More details on the 11 o'clock news.

Comment

From what I’m hearing it’s going to be very limited on-site offerings - not the same experience that you would normally get. Less build out too.

I agree from an exclusivity standpoint that there would be less fans, but the crowds make the event what it is too.

Comment

Thinking they will pick US residents only as the 'limited' patrons. It only makes sense for so many reasons...
                    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                    TM TP5 Golf Ball
                    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                      Thinking they will pick US residents only as the 'limited' patrons. It only makes sense for so many reasons...
                      That’s what I was thinking too. And perhaps from neighboring states

Comment

As expected. No tickets for 2021 but I an apply for 2022 in June.

Earlier this week, Chairman Fred Ridley announced that Augusta National Golf Club intends to conduct the 85th Masters Tournament as scheduled from April 5-11, 2021, with limited attendance. The Tournament will be conducted with similar health and safety standards previously instituted in November 2020. With these protocols in place, efforts are being made to include a small number of patrons, provided it can be done so safely.

We regret to inform you that your ticket application was not among those selected for use during the 2021 Masters Tournament.

Ticket holders who purchased tickets from Augusta National will receive a refund from their original purchase. Refunds will be issued within 45 - 60 days to the credit card used to make your payment. However, your bank may take up to 90 days to credit your account or reject the credit, once received.

Ticket holders will also be given the opportunity to purchase the same tickets for the 2022 Masters Tournament. To claim 2022 tickets, you must complete a 2022 ticket application at Masters.com during the application period of June 1-21, 2021. Ticket holders will be notified of their 2022 ticket selection and then must make a payment during the designated payment period.

We appreciate your continued understanding and patience under these unique circumstances. In the meantime, please visit Masters.com for more information and a list of frequently asked questions.

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                          And there's a whole group of people who never have to apply year-after-year. You know, the ones who get the opportunity to buy a weekly badge that has 0.000001% turnover. I imagine the day ticket via lottery folks (that is, almost all of us) are lowest on the pecking order.

... perhaps from neighboring states ...

I'd bet ANGC has their own criteria. I'd imagine long-time patrons regardless of where they live will be accommodated.

Comment

My buddy just got the news - He’s been told he’s out this year and they look forward to welcoming him in 2022...

He’s very relieved.
                            TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                            TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                            * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                            TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                            TM TP5 Golf Ball
                            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                            Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Why not

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X