Collapse

2021 Masters

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

I've been listening to podcasts and others talking about Will Zalatoris, Spieth.... missing putts on Sunday. To me, everyone was making putts (or up & downs) by comparison to Conners yesterday.
    Honestly it sounds like I'm just ripping on Conners on this thread which is unfair because I actually like him a lot and I love his swing, but that's the difference.

Now don't get me wrong - Zalatoris is statistically not a good putter either (though, he did have a solid week)... Conners has been in good form in 2021 but the reason he hasn't truly contended is because his putting lets him down.

Let's look at API when he finished 3rd. He had a good week with the putter until Sunday when he lost 1.2 SGP... shot +2 (74).

Hitting it to 15 feet works nicely if you roll in the putts. He doesn't roll them in enough, which is why he doesn't win much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeus View Post

Honestly it sounds like I'm just ripping on Conners on this thread which is unfair because I actually like him a lot and I love his swing, but that's the difference.

Now don't get me wrong - Zalatoris is statistically not a good putter either (though, he did have a solid week)... Conners has been in good form in 2021 but the reason he hasn't truly contended is because his putting lets him down.

Let's look at API when he finished 3rd. He had a good week with the putter until Sunday when he lost 1.2 SGP... shot +2 (74).

Hitting it to 15 feet works nicely if you roll in the putts. He doesn't roll them in enough, which is why he doesn't win much.
      Yes the API he was horrible on Sunday too. I will repeat it over and over that no one struck the ball better on Sunday then Conners, but really no up and downs Sunday (included chunking it into the bunker on 6), 20' total on his 3 birdies and the three putts on 8, 13 & 15 certainly was frustrating. Yes I'm always cheering on Canadian golf and yesterday Conners easily could have been -8.

Comment

Yes the API he was horrible on Sunday too. I will repeat it over and over that no one struck the ball better on Sunday then Conners, but really no up and downs Sunday (included chunking it into the bunker on 6), 20' total on his 3 birdies and the three putts on 8, 13 & 15 certainly was frustrating. Yes I'm always cheering on Canadian golf and yesterday Conners easily could have been -8.
        Golf is hard; some parts of it are harder at different times during the round or tournament. He is playing amongst the best in the world and doing well. Being a critic on the sidelines is very easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rulie View Post

Golf is hard; some parts of it are harder at different times during the round or tournament. He is playing amongst the best in the world and doing well. Being a critic on the sidelines is very easy.
          Anyone else have 3 three putts on Sunday? I also remember The Players on Sunday he had a 25' eagle putt on 16 and proceeded to 3 putt there too. His putting stats actually are flattering as he was on the Fringe many a time. No one amongst the leaders putted worse on Sunday.

A fan not a critic (though yes I am critical).....​​​​​​​

Comment

Anyone else have 3 three putts on Sunday? I also remember The Players on Sunday he had a 25' eagle putt on 16 and proceeded to 3 putt there too. His putting stats actually are flattering as he was on the Fringe many a time. No one amongst the leaders putted worse on Sunday.

A fan not a critic (though yes I am critical).....​​​​​​​
            IIRC, Will Zalatoris three-putted at least three times on Sunday.

Comment

IIRC, Will Zalatoris three-putted at least three times on Sunday.
              I will check (are you including # 3 where he was putting from behind the green? Conners did that a # of times and usually 3-putted). I also saw him make long putts at 1 & 18. They both hit 14 of 18 greens and beat him by 4 shots......
              Last edited by golfingtime; Apr 13, 2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Patrick Reed wearing that cbdMD cap is up there with the most un-Masters-like thing you'll see there (still like Charlie Hoffman repping Waste Management around ANGC the best). Goofiest hat on the tour since Jim Furyk's 5 Hour Energy cap.

Love seeing those photos of Hideki at ATL yesterday. No private jets, no business class for him. Sitting in the regular boarding area with the Green Jacket hung over the adjacent seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by emvee View Post
                  Patrick Reed wearing that cbdMD cap is up there with the most un-Masters-like thing you'll see there (still like Charlie Hoffman repping Waste Management around ANGC the best). Goofiest hat on the tour since Jim Furyk's 5 Hour Energy cap.

Love seeing those photos of Hideki at ATL yesterday. No private jets, no business class for him. Sitting in the regular boarding area with the Green Jacket hung over the adjacent seat.
                  Lots of dudes rep cbdmd and other companies in the same industry. Leishman, bubba come to mind off the top of my head.

Comment

• Gary Player's son has been banned from The Masters for life for hawking golf balls during the ceremonial tee off.

The the other son proceeded to twist the knife deeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                      Gary Player's son has been banned from The Masters for life for hawking golf balls during the ceremonial tee off.

The the other son proceeded to twist the knife deeper.

I’m hoping that Gary himself comes up with a last minute excuse that keeps him from attending going forward

Comment

• His brother ,inferring other incidences , makes it clear Wayne is a divot.
                        reads like Gary should have spent more time at home LOL

Honestly the Honour T-Off is a sad spectacle I'd rather not witness out of respect for their past greatness.
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                          His brother ,inferring other incidences , makes it clear Wayne is a divot.
                          reads like Gary should have spent more time at home LOL

Honestly the Honour T-Off is a sad spectacle I'd rather not witness out of respect for their past greatness.
                          There are traditions to be upheld by those that wish to do so.
                          But it also shows you what you have to look forward to!

Comment

There are traditions to be upheld by those that wish to do so.
                            But it also shows you what you have to look forward to!
                            Well said!
                            My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

• I am a fan of the ceremonial Tee Shots, they respect the tradition of the event and the greatness of the players involved.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X