Collapse

The 2021 Zurich Classic of New Orleans

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2021 Zurich Classic of New Orleans

The Fantasy Golf field is posted for the 2021 Zurich Classic of New Orleans. It's a team event, but you can still pick any 10 players... both players from the same team or 10 players all on different teams.

TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Can you please direct me to the season long leaderboard? Tia

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesgolf View Post
      Can you please direct me to the season long leaderboard? Tia
      I explained in the other thread, here it is again.

Yes there is.

Go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on the TGN Fantasy League.icon.

Then you can click on NO THANKS and you will see at the top.

"Select tournament to view" , hit that and then you will see at the top.

"Season Total"

There you will be able to see everybody's position.

You are in 75th Place about seven million dollars behind the season leader.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll need to get in the top ten of each of the remaining weeks to stand
      any chance of getting close to first place.

What's that PGA phrase? THESE GUYS ARE GOOD. .
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

quick question - I remember before you were able to hover over a username to see their players selected, money earned for the weekend, missed cut, etc. during the live weekend. Is this still a thing? I am unable to see that when I hover over my name or other names- could it be just because it is a team competition or could it be my browser, or is this not available anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
          quick question - I remember before you were able to hover over a username to see their players selected, money earned for the weekend, missed cut, etc. during the live weekend. Is this still a thing? I am unable to see that when I hover over my name or other names- could it be just because it is a team competition or could it be my browser, or is this not available anymore?

You need to be logged into TGN or flyover won't work. It's only enabled if it's set in the user settings.

1) Go into "Your Settings" on the slide-out menu.

2) Make sure "Enable Leaderboard Flyover Mode." is checked.

3) Click the "SAVE SETTINGS" Button

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

You need to be logged into TGN or flyover won't work. It's only enabled if it's set in the user settings.

1) Go into "Your Settings" on the slide-out menu.

2) Make sure "Enable Leaderboard Flyover Mode." is checked.

3) Click the "SAVE SETTINGS" Button
            ahhh. Hadn't used it for quite some time so settings may have been reverted for this year. Got it now, much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post

ahhh. Hadn't used it for quite some time so settings may have been reverted for this year. Got it now, much appreciated!
              The settings reset when a new League starts.

Comment

Some of the terms have always stumped me. Four Ball means everybody plays their own. Low score of each partner counts as team score. I suppose this works. Tomorrow is Foursomes. Really? It's partners alternating. Not even close to an apt description. An announcer said the players call it alternating shot. And don't get me started on scramble vs best ball, which I play in and disagree with each summer.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                  Some of the terms have always stumped me. Four Ball means everybody plays their own. Low score of each partner counts as team score. I suppose this works. Tomorrow is Foursomes. Really? It's partners alternating. Not even close to an apt description. An announcer said the players call it alternating shot. And don't get me started on scramble vs best ball, which I play in and disagree with each summer.
                  You've got four-ball correct, and it can be stroke play or match play.
                  Three-ball match play is three players each playing their own ball and playing an individual match against each of the other two players at the same time.
                  Foursomes is alternate shot (remember foursome, where each player plays some of the time)
                  Threesomes is where one player plays against two other players, the two other players play alternate shot.
                  Best-ball is where an individual plays his score against a side of two or even three other players, each player playing their own ball.
                  A scramble is a scramble, usually defined by the committee in charge.

Some clubs in the UK only allow two balls per group on certain days or parts of days. That means three people playing will have to play threesomes and four people playing would have to play foursomes.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                    Seems to get discussed/argued a lot at tournaments every year:

Used to keep something like this handy when I organized any.

.https://www.vipgolfservices.com/majo...-vs-best-ball/
                    Last edited by 4underthru9; Apr 22, 2021, 09:10 PM.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Are we surprised that Patrick Reed is not in the field because he couldnt find anyone who likes him enough to be his partner?

Comment

I'm having trouble generating interest to watch this. The alternating shot somewhat captures my attention when one partner gets put in a tough spot. Although I suppose the crocks are
                        ​​​​​​out in reasonable numbers.

Comment

The term "foursomes" has been around since 1858, according to my 5 minutes of intensive Google research.

And I'll note that it's hard to tell the difference between crocodiles and alligators, but I try to remember that the former you'll see in a while, and the latter you'll see later.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                            The term "foursomes" has been around since 1858, according to my 5 minutes of intensive Google research.

And I'll note that it's hard to tell the difference between crocodiles and alligators, but I try to remember that the former you'll see in a while, and the latter you'll see later.
                            Took me a second read but I it was my morning chuckle, thanks. Re the term "foursomes", longevity still doesn't work for me. Alternating shot somewhat does.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post

"Foursomes" is a game that should only be played by couples who have already decided that it's time for a divorce!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X