No announcement yet.
Collapse

Jon Rahm

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for starting this thread. It seems to make obvious sense that a long, smooth, flowing swing should be a lot easier on the body, and last a lot longer. As for your comment to the troll, if you hadn't replied, I would have. We're all under enough stress without someone hanging around here just for the purpose of being sarcastic.

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Stop trolling. You are not impressing me. Did I say I did?
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
      I’m not trolling. I’m actually trying to figure out your goal. Are you just throwing out an idea you had? Or are you actually thinking Rahm should change his current and very successful swing to suit the 1960s game and equipment? He has no injury history that I know of and is physically built differently than the names you mentioned.

But saying that he doesn’t have 60 wins while in his 20’s, therefore should change, is a bit disingenuous.
      Good response. What I'm saying is that history is not on his side. Tiger Woods did not evolve with 1960s gear and did vey well, 80+ wins with his longer swing. If you examine the injuries of the players listed, only Woods had some bad ones. The rest played well into middle age free of debilitating injuries.

My contention is that based on the success of the players listed with their long swings, they are testimony to the evidence that longer swings produce more consistent long term results. Rahm could prove me wrong but if so, he will be the first.
      King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
      King Cobra F9 16.0*, UST Helium A Flex
      TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
      TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
      Mizuno S-18 50*, KBS Tour 120 R
      TXG Custom Eye 2+ BeCu 53*, Accra Tour 90i

TXG Custom Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90i
      TXG Custom Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58*,S300
      Seemore FGP, 34"

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
        I’ve always admired Fred Couples swing, seems to be still pretty fluid at 61 years old.
        Freddie has been around a while and he was who I emulated when I took up the game game in the late 80's ......but he has had more back troubles than most golfers.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Good response. What I'm saying is that history is not on his side. Tiger Woods did not evolve with 1960s gear and did vey well, 80+ wins with his longer swing. If you examine the injuries of the players listed, only Woods had some bad ones. The rest played well into middle age free of debilitating injuries
          But Tiger is one of the greatest all-time, and they are two totally different body types. Rahm’s compact swing is built around his naturally strong core.

Comment

We will see how he holds out. Ciao, gotta watch the play off.

Seemore FGP, 34"

Comment

Long and longevity-Vijay Singh....most PGA wins (22) for any player in his 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
                Long and longevity-Vijay Singh....most PGA wins (22) for any player in his 40's.
                Another good example.

Seemore FGP, 34"

Comment

It begs the question - is Rahm's swing critical to his success?

You see lots of different swings amongst the winning players on Tour.

We often hear about "owning" your swing.

Rahm is doing well by owning his current swing. He may well have given himself an extra 10 years or so with a longer, slower swing. He may well have peaked at 100 in OWGR with that swing too....

Tiger's an interesting comparison. He was on top of the golf world for a very long time with a pretty vicious/aggressive/powerful swing. He's also recovering from his 5th back surgery, which is probably another record he owns.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X