Collapse

2021 U.S. Women's Open Championship

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
    I was pulling for Lexi, and figured it was wrapped up on the front 9. Oops. Her driver let her down, it seemed she couldn’t hit a fairway. Things compounded from there.
    on the other hand I was happy to see Brooke bounce back after the 78 and get a solid finish.
    I also felt it was a forgone conclusion that Lexi would run away with it. She was playing loose and without the stress over every putt, I thought she was going to cruise in. But a shot here a shot there and all of a sudden the old Lexi came out (pitching/chipping/putting woes). Those last few holes where her shots came up way short were a eye opener and not normal for her. There was another tournament not that long ago where I saw her collapse like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post

Nasa made 6 birdies today boss to get into a playoff-not sure about that handed to them take.
      Shot 2 over. Lexi shoots 41 on the back. Up 5 is almost as bad as Palmer being 7 up starting the back nine and losing to Casper. Ya my take is Lexi gave it away.

Comment

Looks like ShanShan Feng made the right call last week skipping the consolidation match to conserve herself. T4 she made ~240K this week. Her irons are lethal.

I don't think i would enjoy being a member at Olympic club - too hilly, fairways too much slope, and the greens are too small while the bunkers are too punishing.

Brooke battled back in the weekend after a 78 on Friday for T7 was pretty cool.
        Last edited by Bellyhungry; Jun 7, 2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

With the exception of Brooke's Friday round, I enjoyed every minute of this tournament. The coverage was excellent as were the announcers; the course challenging, and play (save for the meltdowns) exceptional. It occurs to me that I prefer watching the women play to watching the men, since I can relate to their games more than the bombers on the PGA Tour.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I caught the late action of all three tournaments yesterday. Turned to the Women's Open in time for the playoff. After the first two hole aggregate was tied, NBC signs off and says to go to the Golf Channel to watch the rest. They had a gymnastics event on NBC. Off to GC I go. Which was fine until a commercial break and then Feherty show comes on with a two year old episode with Stenson. WTF? I go back to NBC, still gymnastics. Thus missed the conclusion. That was pretty poor of the Golf Channel to cut the playoff cover in the biggest ladies event.

Comment

TSN covered it all with no late channel swap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr22putt;n3390156]Megan Osland WD after a 90.
                Canadian Princess co-leading early on Fri.

It's so hilarious how cold SF can be in the morning even in the summer.
                I played Harding twice in early Aug in 2008.....tee off around 730-8am....I'm not lying....my hands were numb after 9 holes....WTF.

Did you know the popsicle came from SF?

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnrw;n3393545]
                  Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  Did you know the popsicle came from SF?
                  Didn't know that.
                  But actually created in Oakland...but close enough.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X