Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Is Garrick Higgo the next king of the Lefties?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Garrick Higgo the next king of the Lefties?

I have watched this kid (22) for a year now on the European Tour. I love his poise and man can he hammer the ball. And he seems happy to be playing professional golf!

I knew he would win on the PGA Tour but didn’t expect it so soon. Although Hadley had a meltdown Sunday.

Never heard of the guy before, but he was the only one who didn't implode. Good for him, interesting that they were talking about no left-handers from SA because they don't have many left-handed clubs.

Comment

He’s looked really solid in his wins on the Euro Tour. Add in Wilco Neinaber and South African golf looks to have a bright future.
      Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
      Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
      Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
      Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

Comment

This guy is legit. 3 wins in the last 3 months. Should be a nice addition to the President's Cup team, which is starting to look more and more competitive.
        - Hideki
        - Cam Smith
        - Abe Ancer
        - Joaquin
        - Louis
        - Higgo
        - Sungjae
        - Connors
        - Leish
        - Vic Perez
        Old guard
        - Scott
        - Day (if ever healthy)

They're not world beaters but a scrappy group of underdogs that would be fun to root for.
        It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

Good for the kid to get his first win. I found it tough to watch so many people gag it up though. Felt bad for Hedley(I think that's who the leader was) as he played so poorly over the last couple of holes. I was kind of cheering for the "old guy" Bo VP to win. It's tough to win out there.

Comment

Not likely
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Lol Maybe it was a bit premature.

He is struggling today. It’s a big stage there. Hopefully he can pull it together tomorrow to stay around for the weekend. I think he has a solid future.

Nice to see Louis doing well.

Comment

Like Phil, another lefty that has issues hitting fairways, which isn’t as important on lesser tours.

Comment

It seems every month or so, "the next big player" is crowned. In April it was Will Zalatoris, in June it was Higgo. Truth is it is very hard to stay a the top for any length of time. Even if you are consistent at being competitive week in, week out, it still might not translate into wins (eg. Tony Finau, Louis Oosthuizen).

Even when someone near the top finally breaks through to win a major, there's the old "he's going to win a lot more of them now". It doesn't work that way. Jason Day and Justin Thomas are examples of this.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X