Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

BUBBA - HOW WOULD A TOUR PRO PLAY AT YOUR COURSE? (GOLF DIGEST)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUBBA - HOW WOULD A TOUR PRO PLAY AT YOUR COURSE? (GOLF DIGEST)

Thought this was interesting as hell...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bub...at-your-course

Enjoy,

- Ian
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Very interesting read thanks for the post.

Still would like to see him on a course I have played more than once just to get a better feel for what 340 yards means.

Comment

Bubba seems like a neat guy. There was also the connection to Bushwood Golf Club in Markham, the story of which carries a similar feel. While a little out of date here is a link to an article (one of many) on holding the course record at Bushwood:

https://www.yorkregion.com/community...n-at-bushwood/

_______
      NQRfPT

Comment

I will mention this here as opposed to starting a new Bubba thread.

It appears to me that when he putts he raises his right heel off the ground a bit.

Not sure what this would accomplish other than maybe keeping weight on the left side maybe.
        PING G410 Plus 10.5*
        PING G25 4 wood 16.5*
        PING G400 7 wood 20.5*
        PING G400 3 & 4 hybrid 19* & 22*
        PING G400 5 - UW

PING Anser 1966 TR
        Titleist Tour Soft yellow
        Hooferlite Mr. Ping edition
        Bag Boy Nitron cart

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
          I will mention this here as opposed to starting a new Bubba thread.

It appears to me that when he putts he raises his right heel off the ground a bit.

Not sure what this would accomplish other than maybe keeping weight on the left side maybe.
          He doesn't keep it raised tho right? Cuz if it is just a raised heel that returns to the ground it could be a trigger/timing thing. I use a move like this on all my full swings. Mine isn't so pronounced it would show up on a chip or putt tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothBomber View Post

He doesn't keep it raised tho right? Cuz if it is just a raised heel that returns to the ground it could be a trigger/timing thing. I use a move like this on all my full swings. Mine isn't so pronounced it would show up on a chip or putt tho.
            I’ve seen him keep it elevated well after the ball is gone.
            PING G410 Plus 10.5*
            PING G25 4 wood 16.5*
            PING G400 7 wood 20.5*
            PING G400 5 - UW

PING Anser 1966 TR
            Bag Boy Nitron cart

Comment

I looked at some footage and didn't see him lifting his heel. It would be surprising to see the right heel lift since it is his front foot and his #1 tip for putting is to put a bunch of weight forward and "lean into the putt". Bubba generally moves around on all shots including his putts somewhat...esp when he's struggling so maybe this move helps him stay down/still??? Kinda miffed myself now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothBomber View Post
                I looked at some footage and didn't see him lifting his heel. It would be surprising to see the right heel lift since it is his front foot and his #1 tip for putting is to put a bunch of weight forward and "lean into the putt". Bubba generally moves around on all shots including his putts somewhat...esp when he's struggling so maybe this move helps him stay down/still??? Kinda miffed myself now.
                https://www.facebook.com/DerekSiesse...1296292218598/
                PING G410 Plus 10.5*
                PING G25 4 wood 16.5*
                PING G400 7 wood 20.5*
                PING G400 5 - UW

PING Anser 1966 TR
                Bag Boy Nitron cart

Comment

So I tried it and this has to be to help him stay down and keep him from performing even the smallest weight shift...which tends to be his problem when he is struggling. He generally moves around a ton on every shot and this leaks into his putting at times. This front heel up does a few things for me but there is one gigantic difference...

I tried to intentionally come up and out of my posture as if following a long putt. Flat footed I was able to straighten up very easily and naturally. However with the weight on the ball of my front foot getting up felt more forced and just the act of peaking didn't make me lose my posture. This makes sense biomechanically since getting more erect requires a subtle weight shift with more going to the heel. By keeping the heel raised and weight forward, Bubba makes getting up a harder mistake to make and generally reduces his moving around on putts which he is notorious for. It also shines a new light on his fav piece of putting advice "get the weight forward, almost like you are leaning into the putt". I def felt like I was leaning into the putt with the heel up.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post
                    Bubba seems like a neat guy. There was also the connection to Bushwood Golf Club in Markham, the story of which carries a similar feel. While a little out of date here is a link to an article (one of many) on holding the course record at Bushwood:

https://www.yorkregion.com/community...n-at-bushwood/

We used to have a tournament there, since moved to Glen Cedars, but I can see him destroying this pleasant course. He'd also kill my course, but would have to take a tour of the short par 4s first given their quirky nature. And he wouldn't need a driver to hit the greens.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X