Collapse

Sentry T of C

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentry T of C

Good start to the New Year with an interesting field for the Sentry Tournament of Champions.

Better than recent editions with 21 of the top 29 in the Official World Rankings.

Big names plus Erik, Herbert (Lucas) and Seamus who???

Also time for those in @tarrantian 's PGA Fantasy Pool to get thinking about their picks
    for this the first tournament in the second segment of the season.

Ancer, Abraham - Berger, Daniel - Burns, Sam - Cantlay, Patrick - Champ, Cameron - Cink, Stewart

Dahmen, Joel - Davis, Cam - DeChambeau, Bryson - English, Harris - Finau, Tony - Glover, Lucas

Gooch, Talor - Grace, Branden - Herbert, Lucas - Higgo, Garrick - Homa, Max - Horschel, Billy

Hovland, Viktor - Im, Sungjae - Jones, Matt - Kim, Si Woo - Kisner, Kevin - Koepka, Brooks

Kokrak, Jason - Lee, K.H. - Leishman, Marc - Matsuyama, Hideki - Mickelson, Phil - Morikawa, Collin

Na, Kevin - Power, Seamus - Rahm, Jon - Reed, Patrick - Schauffele, Xander - Smith, Cameron

Spieth, Jordan - Thomas, Justin - van Rooyen, Erik
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Jan 4, 2022, 12:25 AM.
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It's nice to see a strong field for this event. If I recall correctly of the top players only Rory isn't there. This is the real start of the season to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
      This is the real start of the season to me.
      Yes, It is the start if the "real" golf season.....none of those weak , no name fields

Comment

Dustin Johnson awol from that list

Comment

Dustin didn't win in 2021 on the PGA tour although he won on the European tour (Saudi Int.) in 2021 - last PGA win was in 2020 in Nov. at the Masters
          Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
          23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
          6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
          52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
          Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by Clubman View Post
            Dustin Johnson awol from that list
            He did not qualify:

2022 SentryTournamentof Champions

Dustin Johnson hasn’t registered a win since his Masters win in November 2020, which means he’s the highest-ranked player not in the field at No. 3 in the Official World Golf Ranking.

Comment

They did a hit on Golf Central last night, in the background you could see a flag stick whipping in the wind, it looked like it was almost bent 45* with some gusts.
              G410 Plus 10.5*
              G25 4W 16.5*
              G400 7W 20.5*
              G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
              G400 5 - UW
              Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
              SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
              Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                It's nice to see a strong field for this event. If I recall correctly of the top players only Rory isn't there. This is the real start of the season to me.
                Yes!!! The real season begins this week.

I love this tournament. The course is great, huge long downhill holes, gorgeous scenery, tropical vegetation in January... and a field of proven winners, some legit and some one-hit-wonders. Always entertaining.

Let's GO!
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

I heard they play it as a par 73.
                  G410 Plus 10.5*
                  G25 4W 16.5*
                  G400 7W 20.5*
                  G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
                  G400 5 - UW
                  Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
                  SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
                  Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                    I heard they play it as a par 73.
                    That works for me.
                    It's such an easy course. LOL
                    English shot 25 under to win last year.
                    Plantation Course at Kapalua
                    4 3 4 4 5 4 4 3 5 36
                    4 3 4 4 4 5 4 4 5 37
                    Last edited by 4underthru9; Jan 4, 2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm literally just gonna stare at everyone's new clubs this week while I watch the golf.
                      "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

They really should make this a Wed-Sat event given that they are in Hawaii.

I recall several LPGA events in Hawaii have a Saturday finish. Prime time golf on Sat is pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                          They really should make this a Wed-Sat event given that they are in Hawaii.

I recall several LPGA events in Hawaii have a Saturday finish. Prime time golf on Sat is pretty sweet.
                          With the LPGA would that not be because the often have 3 round events?

the PGA tour has 4 rounds and there are longstanding and engrained commitments and procedures for the preceding days of a tournament week and there is almost always an event the weekend before that ends late on a Sunday and then requires travel to the next, media day, pro am day, sponsor day.....tough to eliminate a day as it is already very full.

That said, this even has nothing the weekend before other than New Years Eve/Day so maybe it could be tried

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                            With the LPGA would that not be because the often have 3 round events?
                            The Lotte Championship in April in Hawaii starts on Wednesday and finishes on Saturday.

Also, its not too late to get your picks in for this week's tournament.

EDIT: I believe that most LPGA three-round tournaments run Friday to Sunday, so that they get two weekend days of ticket sales. The Thursday tournament round is usually replaced by another pro-am.
                            Last edited by sjmcampbell; Jan 7, 2022, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Regarding Sunday finishes, the LPGA currently only has a few 3 day tournaments left( 2 or 3) on the schedule. They used to have more. I believe the reason the Lotte runs Wed-Sat is to allow an easier travel to the next event.

As for the PGA, I think we have only just reached the point where Sunday finishes are the norm over double round Saturdays. It might be that way now and for the last 60 years, but prior to that events were either Wed-Sat or double round Saturdays as many places had laws about being open for business on Sunday, IIRC.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X