US Womens Open gets a sponsor

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Womens Open gets a sponsor

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...llion-dollars/

The U.S. Women's Open has gained a presenting sponsor (ProMedica) and has bumped the purse up to 10 million dollars (winner gets $1.8 million). It is expected to rise to 12 million dollars over the next five years. Last year it was $5.5 million, so this is a significant boost. The previous record purse for women was the AIG Women's British Open last year at $5.8 million (which will rise to $6.8 million this year). With the new Chevron Championship (replacing the ANA Inspiration) at $5 million, this year is seeing some serious purse inflation.

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
    https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...llion-dollars/

The U.S. Women's Open has gained a presenting sponsor (ProMedica) and has bumped the purse up to 10 million dollars (winner gets $1.8 million). It is expected to rise to 12 million dollars over the next five years. Last year it was $5.5 million, so this is a significant boost. The previous record purse for women was the AIG Women's British Open last year at $5.8 million (which will rise to $6.8 million this year). With the new Chevron Championship (replacing the ANA Inspiration) at $5 million, this year is seeing some serious purse inflation.
    I heard this a little while ago, it's great news for the LPGA!

Comment

great news and they also secured some of the best courses over the next 10 years for the ladies to play
      Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
      23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
      6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
      52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
      Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Nice to see sponsors stepping up and purses increasing.

Comment

Fantastic news!

Funny how a lot of the corporate types seem to forget there are a lot of women playing now... a market un-tapped if you ask me.

I would like to see women represented properly for equipment and having big time sponsors!

Comment

Originally posted by Clydesgolf View Post
            Fantastic news!

Funny how a lot of the corporate types seem to forget there are a lot of women playing now... a market un-tapped if you ask me.

I would like to see women represented properly for equipment and having big time sponsors!
            totally agree and the way things were changing over the last few years of Whan's tenure this will be coming down the road shortly
            Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
            23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
            6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
            52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
            Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
            X