Collapse

The Even More Money For a Few Tour

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Even More Money For a Few Tour

The title is my creation, but it captures the battle that's looming just around the corner. It was inevitable.

Ian Poulter facing Ryder Cup exile if he chooses Saudi riches – GolfWRX
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

He will take the money- as much as I like him - his comp playing day’s are done.
    hope he gets the cash upfront.

Comment

Lee Westwood already announced that he has signed NDA with the Saudis.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

What do you mean when you say that he "has signed NDA?"

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
        Lee Westwood already announced that he has signed NDA with the Saudis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          He will take the money- as much as I like him - his comp playing day’s are done.
          hope he gets the cash upfront.
          Yeah, he might as well cash in this way, because his days of cashing in on the ET and PGAT are behind him.

It's kinda too bad that we may see a split in Tours, with the result that each one is watered-down competition.

I think the PGAT was semi-smart in trying to combat this with their Player Impact Program, although IMO it seriously stubbed its toe in giving the top money to Phil and Tiger (who didn't actually play this year).

Just like the FedEx Cup points and playoff system, this may need some further tweaking. Is there a single person on earth who watched the PGA Tour more this year because Tiger was injured and not playing?

Or was it Phil, with his single win and 9 missed cuts that drove viewership?

This just seems like such an ineffective use of money.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
            What do you mean when you say that he "has signed NDA?"
            Of all the people asking that!
            If Joe Biden had asked that question it would not have surprised me. ?

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

On Wednesday, Westwood was asked about the SGL at a press conference for the Saudi International, the Asian Tour event in which he plays the first round on Thursday. “I don't know whether I want to answer questions on that - I've signed an NDA,” Westwood replied.

A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship.
            It was previously unknown that the players were signing NDAs.

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Westwood doesn’t wanna talk about - fight club

Comment

Don’t worry. I know what an NDA is. I just didn’t think that’s what you were referring to. After all, if that tour wants to attract attention, I would have thought that they’d want their golfers to be chatting up the details. Obviously, I was wrong. Some details will remain secret.

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Of all the people asking that!
                If Joe Biden had asked that question it would not have surprised me. ?

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

On Wednesday, Westwood was asked about the SGL at a press conference for the Saudi International, the Asian Tour event in which he plays the first round on Thursday. “I don't know whether I want to answer questions on that - I've signed an NDA,” Westwood replied.

A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship.
                It was previously unknown that the players were signing NDAs.

Comment

I’m thinking details will be under embargo until they get a critical mass - once they hit their targets- all signed up will be allowed to talk off their already supplied press packages

Comment

It’s too bad and will serve to hurt the European and US Tours and water down the competition all around.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                      It’s too bad and will serve to hurt the European and US Tours and water down the competition all around.
                      I listened to a podcast with Adam Scott recently. He said the good part of the alternative tours was that it would make the game more global, which is definitely a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                        The title is my creation, but it captures the battle that's looming just around the corner. It was inevitable.

Ian Poulter facing Ryder Cup exile if he chooses Saudi riches – GolfWRX
                        Mike, maybe I should get you to sign a NDA when we play golf so you can't tell people how much money you win off me when we golf...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                          I think that’s why the PGA and DP world tour have the schedule they have this year and making it more of a joint venture to have more dollars at stake and keep those guys around.
                          Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                          TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                          Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                          Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                          Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                          Ping Hoofer

Comment

Hooray for greed! One more Tour I won't watch, just like the rest.

I think it's quite funny to think that Poults is worth that much... The real talented guys have to be commanding well north of $100M then.

Comment

I would be disappointed not to watch Poulter in the next Ryder Cup (which would likely be his last), but at 46, it's likely hard to turn down approx $30 million - that's a lot of cars.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X