Collapse

The Amundi Evian Championship

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amundi Evian Championship

My field rating for this major championship is a solid 82.5%, down from 84%. This is a strong field but the weakest of the four majors so far this year.
    My breakdown is 84% from the LPGA Priority List and 81% from the Rolex Rankings.
    Nine of the top ten players in the world will be in attendance this week.
    Ruoning Yin is the only Rolex Ranked top ten player not teeing it up.
    Although there are some stars from other tours playing this week, there are several familiar LPGA names not teeing it up. They include:
    Ruoning Yin (mentioned above)
    Lexi Thompson
    Xi Yu Lin
    Lizette Salas
    Yu Liu
    Danielle Kang
    Eun-He Ji
    Matilda Castren

Other stuff:
    Atthaya Thitikul's win at the Dow Championship was the second this year for player from Thailand. They became the third country to have multiple victories this year. Australia has two victories and the USA has a total of nine.
    Ruoning Yin's victory was the first for a player from China this year.
    There was no movement worth reporting by LPGA players in the Rolex Rankings. The reason for this is that the Rolex Rankings does not count the Dow Championship in their rankings. Therefore the two winners do not benifit at all in the world rankings!
    That said, the LPGA does count the event in the all important Race to the CME Globe (where a player needs to finish in the top 100 if they want to see playing time next season). This race isn't all that important to the top players, but is ever so important to players trying to finish in the top 100 this season. Two players that really benifited from their performance at the Dow Championship are:
    I.K. Kim - who moved from 142 to 95.
    Haeji Kang 141 to 94.
    I will be reporting movement in the Race to the CME Globe much more frequently later on in the season, when this statistic becomes much more important.‚Äč

Once again a nice analysis; thanks Tony.

Comment

thanks for the update
      Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
      23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
      6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
      52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
      Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...