Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your strategy for picking TGN Fantasy Players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your strategy for picking TGN Fantasy Players?

Has to be better than mine - Currently sitting 91st out of 93 in The Players Championship...

Have to admit I don't spend a lot of time at it, but do look at player rankings and "favourite picks" on some web sites. I usually go with some big names and others who seem to be playing well of late. But with players like Rory and Ricky not making the cut and Jordan at T68 ?????

I did better at handicapping horse races, but that was probably only because there were fewer horses in each race.

I might try putting names on a dart board next time - but I am not very good at darts either.

What's your approach? Do you have a system?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

I try to pick guys who have been playing well lately, then add Tiger if hes playing, as Im still grasping to the belief that he will be good again. Hasnt helped me much the last couple of weeks, but I did get first the week of the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

Comment

I do eeny, meeny, miny, Moe 10 times and hope for the best.

Comment

Yeah to the baconator...Go tiger go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
          Has to be better than mine - Currently sitting 91st out of 93 in The Players Championship...
          Have to admit I don't spend a lot of time at it, but do look at player rankings and "favourite picks" on some web sites. I usually go with some big names and others who seem to be playing well of late. But with players like Rory and Ricky not making the cut and Jordan at T68 ?????
          I did better at handicapping horse races, but that was probably only because there were fewer horses in each race.
          I might try putting names on a dart board next time - but I am not very good at darts either.
          What's your approach? Do you have a system?
          I use a self made system, not as successful this year so far as it was in the past, like 2014 when I won 4 out of 4 of the TGN FG pools that year.
          Two on the Euro and Two on the PGA, OK that's bragging I guess; but you did ask.
          My system is a combination of Scoring, Results both recent and past, plus the WR and FEDEX standings.
          The secret is in the weighting of each to arrive at a total, which I need to improve on if I am to move up from currently at 16th in the YTD.
          Last edited by 4underthru9; May 14, 2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/ro...antasy-insider
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Yep, that will get ya 53rd place.

Comment

Definitely more of a feel thing but mostly take into consideration who is playing the best at the time. Also there is no underestimating past history of that player on the course. Usually going with the hot hand and most consistent then adding in a couple of favourite wild card picks/guys I like to bust out has helped. Tiger has never been left off mine if he is playing.

Currently 14th overall and I won the Valspar week.

"Why did they call it golf???? Because F**K was taken!"

Ping G30 SF Tec
                Ping G25 3 Hybrid
                Titleist AP1 714 4-AW
                Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw Black M-Grind - 54, 58
                Odyssey Metal-X Milled Versa 7

Comment

So, you're the guy who's just behind me.

I try to pick guys who have a hot hand or who should be waking up. So far, the guys who should be golden haven't been. In fact, the Tour players are writing to me not to pick them, because they're doomed to failure when I choose them.

Originally posted by icoh15 View Post
                  Definitely more of a feel thing but mostly take into consideration who is playing the best at the time. Also there is no underestimating past history of that player on the course. Usually going with the hot hand and most consistent then adding in a couple of favourite wild card picks/guys I like to bust out has helped. Tiger has never been left off mine if he is playing.

Currently 14th overall and I won the Valspar week.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I posted earlier that I have a complex system for my picks.
                    But, in actuality I take a sneek peek at "Fore-Tay's" picks and just change one so that we are not exactly the same.

Just to clarify and before WWFS gets on my case, it is impossible to do that.

Comment

Everybody has put out most of the important factors in picking their teams.

I'll throw out a few tidbits based on years of doing this, and mounds of data:

- Remember, it's a long season.

- The priority of the factors applied to picking teams is very different in the Majors, than it is in regular Tour Full Field events.

- One factor no one has mentioned is the importance of your picks making it to the weekend. Year after year, and in pool after pool, the people at the top also lead in the number of their players that made the cut.
                      https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

I tend to look at recent trends (are they hot/cold, how they did in other big tournaments, etc.) of different players, and check on some sports gambling resources I use for other sports, plus some expert picks. I don't know enough about each course to compare them to each other. Plus, I like to try to throw in a favourite of mine depending on the field. Something must be going OK for me considering I joined 4 or so weeks late and sit 23rd, with only 14 rds picked. I certainly don't spend much time on it, like I would say NCAA football or European soccer (brought my online book account from around $10 up to over $200 in a couple weeks with some bets that were probably lucky).

Comment

Advanced Search

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 159,273   Posts: 1,675,817   Members: 45,088   Active Members: 289
                        Welcome to our newest member, Jim Gray.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X