/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

TGN Fantasy: 2020 Season League

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWFS
    replied
    The TGN 2020 Fantasy League has again been updated to reflect the new changes to the PGA Tour schedule.

The next tournament is the Charles Schwab Challenge which is scheduled for June 11th - 14th.

The PGA Tour has moved the US Open & The Masters out of the 2020 Season and into the 2021 Season. They will still be included in the TGN 2020 League.

In addition, I will fill the TGN 2020 League with tournaments from the 2021 Season up to and including The Maters.

The US Open and The Masters are already included, the remaining 2021 tournaments will be added once The Tour finalizes a few details on those tournaments. The dates are currently set, but other details are to follow.

For the TGN 2020 League, there is a choice to make for the week of September 21st:

The Ryder Cup
    or
    Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship

I'll leave it up to the members to decide which tournament.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    The TGN 2020 Fantasy League has been updated to reflect the new PGA Tour schedule that was announced today.

The next tournament is the Charles Schwab Challenge which is scheduled for May 21st - 24th.

The Fantasy League will run through The Masters (November 12th -15th)

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    ^^^ Of course sleeping on the job again.
    You were always better at numbers than me.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

How is that numberof points calculated?
    Is it not 600/144=4.16666
    Also has FEDEX or PGA announced that they would use the same method of distribution for the points as the money?
    Your use of 600 as the total points is incorrect. 600 points is the number of points the winner receives. The total FedEx Points awarded for the tournament was set by the Tour at 3376. 143 players put a peg in the ground on Thursday. 3376/143 = 23.6083916. (I rounded the 2nd decimal place)

I'm still waiting for a definitive answer on FedEx points.

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    Originally posted by WWFS View Post

We'll look at the end of the year and see what 23.61 Fedex Cup points would mean to people on the bubble of getting into the playoffs.
    How is that numberof points calculated?
    Is it not 600/144=4.16666
    Also has FEDEX or PGA announced that they would use the same method of distribution for the points as the money?
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Mar 14, 2020, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    So at the end of the day every player in the pool this week would get an equal amount which would obviously then be one of their their Muligans, but as stated these events won't count as Muligans, every thing is copacetic.

I assume that the decision on the Official Money issue might count in fractional decisions about retaining PGA cards and the FEDEX play offs. Highly unlikely but probably some bookmakers would give you odds on it one way or the other.
    We'll look at the end of the year and see what 23.61 Fedex Cup points would mean to people on the bubble of getting into the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    So at the end of the day every player in the pool this week would get an equal amount which would obviously then be one of their their Muligans, but as stated these events won't count as Muligans, every thing is copacetic.

I assume that the decision on the Official Money issue might count in fractional decisions about retaining PGA cards and the FEDEX play offs. Highly unlikely but probably some bookmakers would give you odds on it one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    Originally posted by jaybee View Post

Hmm Interesting. Bob Weeks just now on overdrive said that due to completion of the entire first round being played out all participants are paid out, but I do see that 3 players did not finish. Also saw his tweet from earlier this morning so I was just basing off that. Maybe an exception for 1 hole not being played out?

Bob Weeks

@BobWeeksTSN
    The players will get an equal share of 50 per cent of the purse as compensation for this week. That is a standard Tour policy.
    8:15 AM Mar 13, 2020Twitter for iPhone
    I'm going off of what I was told last night, and again this morning, by a player, and another player who is on the Players' Advisory Council. My info is now a few hours old, but last I heard, they were "discussing it".

Also TBD was will it be "Official Money"

Leave a comment:

• jaybee
    replied

The entire 1st round was not completed by all players.
    Hmm Interesting. Bob Weeks just now on overdrive said that due to completion of the entire first round being played out all participants are paid out, but I do see that 3 players did not finish. Also saw his tweet from earlier this morning so I was just basing off that. Maybe an exception for 1 hole not being played out?

Bob Weeks

@BobWeeksTSN
    The players will get an equal share of 50 per cent of the purse as compensation for this week. That is a standard Tour policy.
    8:15 AM Mar 13, 2020Twitter for iPhone

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    Originally posted by jaybee View Post

correct. If any entire first round is completed by all players and the remainder of a tournament is cancelled with no other holes being played by any players, half of the entire pot is distributed among all participants.
    The entire 1st round was not completed by all players.

Leave a comment:

• jaybee
    replied
    Originally posted by vanguard13 View Post

I think it has...i think! the 7.7 MIL will be distributed evenly which comes out to $52,000 (something like that) each player in the field.
    correct. If any entire first round is completed by all players and the remainder of a tournament is cancelled with no other holes being played by any players, half of the entire pot is distributed among all participants.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied
    THE PLAYERS thru The Masters have been removed from the TGN 2020 Fantasy League. None of the cancelled tournaments will count as "mulligans".

Leave a comment:

• vanguard13
    replied

The Tour and the Players' Advisory Board have not come to any agreement yet on what (if any) money will be paid out, either "official" or "unofficial". The best guess is that some money will be paid out, but it will be "unofficial".
    I think it has...i think! the 7.7 MIL will be distributed evenly which comes out to $52,000 (something like that) each player in the field.

Leave a comment:

• WWFS
    replied

There's a problem with that.
    The Pool Rules are based on Money Won, and nobody has won any money at the Players.
    If they get some sort of payment, yes award that amount. LOL
    The Tour and the Players' Advisory Board have not come to any agreement yet on what (if any) money will be paid out, either "official" or "unofficial". The best guess is that some money will be paid out, but it will be "unofficial".

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    Originally posted by ChasingPar View Post
    Lest there be an illusion of unanimity, let me just say that my choice would be to use everyone's 1st round scores.
    There's a problem with that.
    The Pool Rules are based on Money Won, and nobody has won any money at the Players.
    If they get some sort of payment, yes award that amount. LOL

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,161   Posts: 1,863,183   Members: 47,780   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, Kickingdirt.
Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
X