Collapse

TGN Fantasy: 2021 Season League

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

So I see you been looking at my picks, not a good idea this week.
    My plan is to shadow you all season and then pull away over the last two events.

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingPar View Post
      My plan is to shadow you all season and then pull away over the last two events.
      Seems like you definitely might be good at that; and IIRC you have worked that angle before.
      21 is my lucky number; so I am expecting to be on top and better than Par, not just chasing it.
      plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

So do I get a $50 credit for winning the first week?

Comment

So I gotta say I'm less than impressed. I head out this morning having made my picks and looking forward to checking my team when I get home - pretty much a regular Thursday with the pool. When I get home there's an email that was sent to me at 9:40 this morning telling me that Patrick Cantlay has withdrawn and of course it's too late for me to replace him as the tournament had already started. Perhaps a good workaround for those of of us who have lives might be to get an 11th player selection from everyone who would be entered onto your roster automatically if one of your first 10 had to withdraw as opposed to just putting your team on the board with 9 players ????

Comment

Originally posted by NiblickJeff View Post
            So I gotta say I'm less than impressed. I head out this morning having made my picks and looking forward to checking my team when I get home - pretty much a regular Thursday with the pool. When I get home there's an email that was sent to me at 9:40 this morning telling me that Patrick Cantlay has withdrawn and of course it's too late for me to replace him as the tournament had already started. Perhaps a good workaround for those of of us who have lives might be to get an 11th player selection from everyone who would be entered onto your roster automatically if one of your first 10 had to withdraw as opposed to just putting your team on the board with 9 players ????
            This is always a topic of discussion. Cantlay was a late WD. The field was updated and emails went out to people who had requested notifications as soon as the WGC made an official announcement that Cantlay was a WD.

First tee time was 10:58. That did leave 1:18 to change your picks.

There are a lot of people who take fantasy golf religiously, and would have known yesterday that Cantlay was a possible WD. Others expect to make their picks and not to have to do any follow-up. Where do you draw the line? One extra player? Two? Three? Ten? (there have been a few tournaments where many of the teams have lost 5+ players to WDs)

When prizes and cash are involved, that further divides the 2 camps.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

LOL it’s a free contest.

Comment

I totally get the setup , rules and restrictions based upon simple math - you can't be making everything 'real time' with multiple zigs and zags so as to suit everyone's situation - that's obvious. I just think that for those of us with competitive natures, in this for the plain old fun of it, being unable to respond in a few hours after the notification emails are sent out sucks. Maybe we could provide two email addresses ( i.e. home, and work?) to where the notices could be sent and if we can't act on either then it's just tough. Don't get me wrong- this is a great service - I just think that as with most things, there may be room for improvement. As you point out, where do you draw the line???

Comment

Originally posted by NiblickJeff View Post
                  I totally get the setup , rules and restrictions based upon simple math - you can't be making everything 'real time' with multiple zigs and zags so as to suit everyone's situation - that's obvious. I just think that for those of us with competitive natures, in this for the plain old fun of it, being unable to respond in a few hours after the notification emails are sent out sucks. Maybe we could provide two email addresses ( i.e. home, and work?) to where the notices could be sent and if we can't act on either then it's just tough. Don't get me wrong- this is a great service - I just think that as with most things, there may be room for improvement. As you point out, where do you draw the line???
                  You certainly weren't the only one who missed his WD.

Don't forget that everyone gets 2 "mulligans" and your worst 2 tournament results are dropped.

The season winner will probably have a total of ~$80,000,000.00 - $100,000,000.00. Even giving Patrick a #5 placing ($429,975.00), that's a pretty small fraction of the grand total.

PS. I give Patrick props for at least telling WGC/Tour staff on Wednesday that he may be a last minute WD so another player could hang around and get a spot in the tournament. Far too many players will just WD at their tee time (or hit one shot) and keep another player from having a chance to play.
                  Last edited by WWFS; Feb 26, 2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I’m more concerned why nobody has given me my $50 credit for winning the first week yet haha

Comment

Originally posted by FlopShot1 View Post
                      I’m more concerned why nobody has given me my $50 credit for winning the first week yet haha
                      So, did you receive your $50 gift card?

Comment

I won the wgc week but nothing in my messages yet about the gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by Agonygolf View Post
                          I won the wgc week but nothing in my messages yet about the gift card.
                          The Sponsor has confirmed that they will contact all of the winners once their new store is open so that the winners can redeem their prize.
                          Toronto Golf Nuts

Comment

Is their a season long leaderboard?
                            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesgolf View Post
                              Is their a season long leaderboard?
                              cheers
                              Yes there is, but don't get too excited yet, you are in 75th place a tad over $7 million behind first place.

Go to the top right corner of this page and click on TGN Fantasy League.
                              Then you can click on NO THANKS and you will see at the top.

"Select tournament to view" , hit that and then you will see at the top.

"Season Total"

I am not doing very well this year again but I am 30th.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll need to get in the top ten at least each week to stand any chance of winning the whole thing.
                              plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Yes there is, but don't get too excited yet, you are in 75th place a tad over $7 million behind first place.

Go to the top right corner of this page and click on TGN Fantasy League.
                                Then you can click on NO THANKS and you will see at the top.

"Select tournament to view" , hit that and then you will see at the top.

"Season Total"

I am not doing very well this year again but I am 30th.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll need to get in the top ten at least each week to stand any chance of winning the whole thing.
                                If everyone always clicks "No Thanks", you'll move up the Leaderboard quickly.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X