Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osprey Valley...all day abyss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey Valley...all day abyss

Had a quick look at the valley last night and can happily report all 3 are in play and looking excellent from the what I could tell from the driveway and 1 hop-out of the car to feel old #2 green on the heathlands-later confirmed to be in the best shape of the 3 by a worker.
    For all you last minute golfers who needed a little encouragement and need not look any further for that spring-golf grin.

So just to confirm; are they upgrading to free all-day-play then until summer, as per this: https://www.ospreyvalleygolf.com/rates/

If so, I might probably want to get in on this before I move out west in a few mths... I hope this course doesn't mind taking in 90's to 100's scorers! LOL.

Comment

Do we know when the spring rates end?

Comment

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
        So just to confirm; are they upgrading to free all-day-play then until summer, as per this: https://www.ospreyvalleygolf.com/rates/

If so, I might probably want to get in on this before I move out west in a few mths... I hope this course doesn't mind taking in 90's to 100's scorers! LOL.
        I think this is their Long Weekend Special - same as they had last year.....

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post

I think this is their Long Weekend Special - same as they had last year.....
          So it sounds like this weekend special is for the entire month of May until June 21st (First day of spring); if that's the case, can anyone suggest which day (including weekdays) that the course wouldn't be too busy? Only reason I'm asking is because a friend and I would be willing to take a day off work to do this... :-)

Comment

When I called the other day I was told May 23rd was the last day for free upgrade to all day play. Spring rates for golf courses generally means early season, not until the summer solstice.

Comment

Originally posted by parbreaker View Post
              When I called the other day I was told May 23rd was the last day for free upgrade to all day play. Spring rates for golf courses generally means early season, not until the summer solstice.

Ah; good to know! Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by sticksandstones View Post
                Had a quick look at the valley last night and can happily report all 3 are in play and looking excellent from the what I could tell from the driveway and 1 hop-out of the car to feel old #2 green on the heathlands-later confirmed to be in the best shape of the 3 by a worker.
                For all you last minute golfers who needed a little encouragement and need not look any further for that spring-golf grin.
                I would actually say Heathlands has the worst greens of the three right now. I've been playing all three of them daily since they opened and Hoot and Toot are consistent and a good speed for this time of year. Heathlands are still very puttable but there is some browning in spots, a couple of them have those dark green "oily-looking" [atches (some sort of mold or fungus?) and there are some inconsistencies in speed - notably 13...the swale is very green and lush, while the rest of it is quite dry and firm.
                What's in the TMX Stand Bag?

10.5 SLDR w Diamana Flowerband X-flex
                SLDR 15* 3W
                TM Rescue 17*
                SLDR 5H
                TM M2 4-PW
                CG15 52/60
                Rossa Monza Corza

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

I would actually say Heathlands has the worst greens of the three right now. I've been playing all three of them daily since they opened and Hoot and Toot are consistent and a good speed for this time of year. Heathlands are still very puttable but there is some browning in spots, a couple of them have those dark green "oily-looking" [atches (some sort of mold or fungus?) and there are some inconsistencies in speed - notably 13...the swale is very green and lush, while the rest of it is quite dry and firm.
                  Your absolutely correct. The heathlands was by no means a disappointment but about 80% of the the toot/hoot green speed in my best guestimation. Overall conditions were really fine with very few wet spots/winter burn when considering the entire property. Started on the links then rotated the toot and hoot for a total of 5 rounds. An excellent rust busting day was had. I see another sick day in the forcast!

Comment

Advanced Search

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 159,273   Posts: 1,675,817   Members: 45,088   Active Members: 289
                  Welcome to our newest member, Jim Gray.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                  X