Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBC PGA Scramble Qualifier at Scarboro Golf & Country Club Aug 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the one at Mill Run last week, We played in an 8some and it took about 7.5 hours to play. The other 4some strategized on every shot and took forever. If they had a putt that was on our line they would take that one even if they had a shorter putt because they could watch us take 4 putts and get the line. They did end up coming in first and moving on to the regionals. You can see all the results here. https://rbcpgascramble.com/local-qua...fiers-ontario/

Comment

Originally posted by Spot View Post
      I was in the one at Mill Run last week, We played in an 8some and it took about 7.5 hours to play. The other 4some strategized on every shot and took forever. If they had a putt that was on our line they would take that one even if they had a shorter putt because they could watch us take 4 putts and get the line. They did end up coming in first and moving on to the regionals. You can see all the results here. https://rbcpgascramble.com/local-qua...fiers-ontario/
      7.5 hours????

No rules about pace???

Anybody playing that slow should be pulled off the course and DQ'd.

Comment

I played 8somes at the Royal Ashburn one. I think we were round 5-5.5 hours. Not ideal, but not ridiculously slow considering. 7.5 hours I would have went home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruska View Post
          Looking to assemble a team for the RBC PGA Scramble Qualifier at Scarboro Golf & Country Club. I almost forgot about this series and it looks like this is the last chance to play.
          Let me know if your interested. Must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap (free “Bronze” Membership is acceptable)

More info on the series HERE

Details:

Date: Monday, August 20 (must be registered by August 13)
          Start: 12:30 shotgun
          Cost: Registration $29.95 per Golfer + Green Fee $150 (Includes Golf & Power Cart - to be paid at the course) - taxes extra

Interested:

pastorrichard

muskokaERIC

Pingnut
          I know you have 4. But if someone can't play I might be interested. I guess it also depends on if the handicaps work out. I'm at around a 12.5 index currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spot View Post
            I played in the event. We were the first group of the day (9am) and were really trying to set the pace, unfortunately the guys we played with had other ideas. We still got in in under 6 hours atleast.

-13 gross was a very good score that day. We were -10 (-16.3 net) and we played well. That "Wheel" nine was pretty tough. both par 5s are beasts

Comment

I would love to play. I'm about a 12-15 handicap My strengths are short game and putting.
              Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
              Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
              Irons : PING G20 4-PW
              Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
              Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
              Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

Originally posted by mr.poker View Post
                I would love to play. I'm about a 12-15 handicap My strengths are short game and putting.
                I’ll put you on the reserve list

Comment

I’d be interested. 18.1 handicap. Some other requirements to keep in mind (the last one would be for the regional qualifier as the pro from the course you qualified from joins you & play as a fivesome):

The maximum Golf Canada Handicap Factor is 36.4 for males and 40.4 for females.

The four team members’ aggregate Golf Canada Handicap factor must be a minimum of 32.0 and maximum of 112.0 (including mixed gender teams).

A maximum of two single figure handicap (9.9 or less) players based on individual’s Golf Canada Handicap Factors are allowed on each team at each level of competition (PGA of Canada professionals are not included).

Comment

Originally posted by scottybonus View Post
                    I’d be interested. 18.1 handicap. Some other requirements to keep in mind (the last one would be for the regional qualifier as the pro from the course you qualified from joins you & play as a fivesome):

The maximum Golf Canada Handicap Factor is 36.4 for males and 40.4 for females.

The four team members’ aggregate Golf Canada Handicap factor must be a minimum of 32.0 and maximum of 112.0 (including mixed gender teams).

A maximum of two single figure handicap (9.9 or less) players based on individual’s Golf Canada Handicap Factors are allowed on each team at each level of competition (PGA of Canada professionals are not included).
                    Thanks, you’re on the reserve list

Comment

Advanced Search

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 161,703   Posts: 1,696,598   Members: 45,422   Active Members: 280
                    Welcome to our newest member, sharx1710.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                    X