Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • off season

    look for a couple of golf buddies interested in simulater games, the place charging 25$ a person per game.

  • #2
    Which location were you looking at?

    Comment


    • #3
      it's 121 doncaster ave. yonge and steeles area

      Comment


      • #4
        That sounds like fun
        I'd be interested in joining

        Comment


        • #5
          I saw the place (from across the road) last time I went to Cayne but I have not seen any mention of it until now. Is it a good place?

          Comment


          • #6
            i don't get what you mean by a good place. even if the place looks shabby from outside, the people playing simulater golf

            inside there.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was just curious as there is not a lot of information on the place, so just getting your opinion. No worries, sorry for going off topic.

              Comment


              • #8
                I use simulators in the off season but down in Pickering (Tee 2 Pin) and Ajax (Carruthers Creek) near my house.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone know the going rate for a round at a simulator? If I could it would likely be by myself, and I'd want to bang out 18. I guess they charge by the hour? What's a round going to cost me?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    most simulators I use as a single are 25 for 9 holes and 40 for 18 holes
                    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
                    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
                    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
                    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
                    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
                      Anyone know the going rate for a round at a simulator? If I could it would likely be by myself, and I'd want to bang out 18. I guess they charge by the hour? What's a round going to cost me?
                      Depends on the facility. Our rates are $40 per hour plus HST, but we bill in 15 minute increments. If you play faster and only use 45 minutes, we don't charge you for the full hour. An hour to play 18 holes is the recommended allowance for time on a sim, however if you have played on sims and depending on settings like "gimme distance" and other factors such as how many mulligans you take, it's not unrealistic to be a little quicker.
                      FarAway Greens Indoor Golf
                      3070 Mainway, Unit 13-14
                      Burlington, Ontario
                      Social Media: @farawaygreens
                      www.farawaygreens.ca

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by juno View Post
                        it's 121 doncaster ave. yonge and steeles area
                        Is that Target Golf? They have deals on Groupon. But I have used the Golf Wing on Woodbine and Esna Park in Markham. That is the best one that I have played on. They even have separate mats for the rough and the bunker, and it automatically tees up the ball. You can adjust the tee height as well. Played on the one at East Beaver Creek, and I did not like it at all.

                        Do you know how this one on Yonge and Steeles compares with the Woodbine one? That is, especially as the Woodbine One uses The Global Golfzon website, that you can track all your scores / courses / video replays, your swing statistics and your handicap as well. But I would not mind trying out this one on Yonge and Steeles.
                        Last edited by Eastend Golfer; Dec 19, 2018, 08:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eastend Golfer View Post

                          Is that Target Golf? They have deals on Groupon. But I have used the Golf Wing on Woodbine and Esna Park in Markham. That is the best one that I have played on. They even have separate mats for the rough and the bunker, and it automatically tees up the ball. You can adjust the tee height as well. Played on the one at East Beaver Creek, and I did not like it at all.

                          Do you know how this one on Yonge and Steeles compares with the Woodbine one? That is, especially as the Woodbine One uses The Global Golfzon website, that you can track all your scores / courses / video replays, your swing statistics and your handicap as well. But I would not mind trying out this one on Yonge and Steeles.
                          I've been to the Yonge / Steeles location and found those sims to be inaccurate at times... like a 250 yard drive will go 290 (maybe not a bad thing eh) Golf Wings on Woodbine has the best sims IMHO (I've tried many locations!) They have 2 diff types tho so go for the GolfZon platform if you're looking for "close to real golf". Enjoy!
                          Driver - PING G30
                          3 Wood - PING G30
                          5 Wood - PING G30
                          Hybrid - PING G30
                          Sweetass Mizuno MP4/54 combo S300
                          Titleist Vokey SM5 - 52/56/60
                          Odyssey Versa Jailbird / Golf Pride Whiteout / FootJoy Pure Touch
                          Srixon Z-StarX / FJ DNA / OGIO NIMBUS Golf Channel is on 24/7

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MizunoLover View Post

                            Golf Wings on Woodbine has the best sims IMHO (I've tried many locations!) They have 2 diff types tho so go for the GolfZon platform if you're looking for "close to real golf". Enjoy!
                            I have never played around with the Golfzon system before. Do they provide club head data? AOA, face to path, etc...

                            Does anyone have any thoughts on The Golf Lounge in terms of accuracy? I need to find a sim that has club head data around Richmond Hill.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Tee to Pin in Pickering use Full Swing Simulators, Carruthers Creek uses Flightscope.

                              Comment



                              Join The TGN Email List

                              Collapse

                              Recently Joined

                              Collapse

                              Topics: 165,108   Posts: 1,729,814   Members: 45,784   Active Members: 170
                              Welcome to our newest member, JWhiz.

                              Today's Birthdays

                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard

                              Collapse


                              TGN Sponsors




                              TGN Sponsors

                              Working...
                              X