/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Summer Solstice @ TPC Toronto

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Summer Solstice @ TPC Toronto

    Course is bit of a hike for me and never got a chance to go last year. So this year looking to take a weekday off between June 15th - 25th (max sunlight) and take advantage of their play all day with a cart. Grabbing the first available tee time at one of the courses and doing all 3. With the option of re-doing whichever course I enjoyed most for a 4th round.

    If anyone else is interested in something like that, post here and perhaps we can work dates/times out.
    Season 01: Starting HDCP 30+, Ending HDCP 18
    Season 02: Starting HDCP 18, Mid 13, End 15
    Season 03: Starting HDCP 15, Mid ?, End ?
    WITB:
    Cobra King F6+ Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 6 Stiff
    Cobra King F9 SpeedBack Tour 3/4 Wood Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Graphite Stiff Flex
    Cobra King Forged Tec Irons (4i - GW) Stiff Steel
    PGX 52 / 56 / 60
    Odyssey O-Works TANK #7 Putter with FAT GRIP

  • #2
    The actual date - June 21 - is typically very busy there the last few years, making it difficult to play all 3, so you are wiser (as you have pointed out) to keep the dates 'flexible' on either side of that date!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      The actual date - June 21 - is typically very busy there the last few years, making it difficult to play all 3, so you are wiser (as you have pointed out) to keep the dates 'flexible' on either side of that date!
      Thanks for the heads up, I personally have preference to go on either a tues/wed/thur week before or after. When no leagues or specials somethings are happening.
      Season 01: Starting HDCP 30+, Ending HDCP 18
      Season 02: Starting HDCP 18, Mid 13, End 15
      Season 03: Starting HDCP 15, Mid ?, End ?
      WITB:
      Cobra King F6+ Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 6 Stiff
      Cobra King F9 SpeedBack Tour 3/4 Wood Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Graphite Stiff Flex
      Cobra King Forged Tec Irons (4i - GW) Stiff Steel
      PGX 52 / 56 / 60
      Odyssey O-Works TANK #7 Putter with FAT GRIP

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Golfer1337 View Post

        Thanks for the heads up, I personally have preference to go on either a tues/wed/thur week before or after. When no leagues or specials somethings are happening.
        Good plan.

        Also, keep in mind that (AFIK, based on last year) under the play-all-day plan you can only book your tee-time for your next round after you've completed your previous round. That is, you can't pre-schedule all of your tee-times for the day before you begin. Given that they have three courses, you probably won't have to wait too long if at all. However, you may not get the exact course selection you prefer (i.e. play each of them and then select your favourite for a final round).

        So, if you are determined to play each of the three courses at least once, you may need to be patient. However, if you're mainly concerned with playing as much golf as possible during a single day, then you may have to play whatever is available throughout the day.
        Sage of the GTA...

        Comment


        • #5
          Not the old Osprey I remember where there was always a tee open.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Golfer1337 View Post
            Course is bit of a hike for me and never got a chance to go last year. So this year looking to take a weekday off between June 15th - 25th (max sunlight) and take advantage of their play all day with a cart. Grabbing the first available tee time at one of the courses and doing all 3. With the option of re-doing whichever course I enjoyed most for a 4th round.

            If anyone else is interested in something like that, post here and perhaps we can work dates/times out.
            I actually did this two years ago in mid July on a Sunday. Was part of a golf weekend with a few other different courses the previous days. There are a few hotels and decent motels within a 10 minutes drive from the course that are not expensive at all. Might make sense to go up the night before so you can get an early tee off time without having to wake up super early.

            Surprisingly was not busy at all when we played. First tee time was just after 8 am in which we finished the round right around noon. Stopped for a half hour to eat lunch. Went back out at 1pm and played the third course at 5pm. It was also much cheaper too. $180 for the play all day package.

            Comment


            • #7
              Anyone play lately and how many holes did you play?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Golfer1337 View Post

                Thanks for the heads up, I personally have preference to go on either a tues/wed/thur week before or after. When no leagues or specials somethings are happening.
                Mondays are typically the slowest days for golf courses so might be your best bet. That said, courses know this and often book their tournaments on Mondays. June and September are peak tournament months.

                Dont know how many tourneys TPC books but call them and find out. As Benz states if golf all you can is the goal should be able to get 54 in.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                Comment

                Collapse

                Join The TGN Email List


                Collapse

                Recently Joined


                Topics: 177,347   Posts: 1,864,896   Members: 47,830   Active Members: 363
                Welcome to our newest member, Realeyes.
                Collapse

                Today's Birthdays


                Collapse

                PGA Leaderboard


                Working...
                X