Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakeview, Braeben Super Twilight Anyone :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lakeview, Braeben Super Twilight Anyone :)

    Hey all
    Just wanted to throw this out if anyone might be interested to join this old geezer this Season, to play Braeben and Lakeview Super Twilight, since that is the only cheap rate to play golf in the city these days that i can sort of afford, LOL.
    Braeben cost is around $30 walking and Lakeview may be few dollars more. If not too busy, 12-15 holes is a possibility. I'm a WALKER
    Cheers to all !!!
    Last edited by veryold; Feb 11, 2020, 02:59 PM.

  • #2
    I'm in Streetsville during the week, so I'm definitely up for a round at Braeben. If you're willing to walk that beast, then I assume you're nuts. And likely have some great stories to tell.
    Greg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by synergy View Post
      I'm in Streetsville during the week, so I'm definitely up for a round at Braeben. If you're willing to walk that beast, then I assume you're nuts. And likely have some great stories to tell.
      LOL, agreed on walking 18 at Braeben, but 12 or whatever Super Twilight allows, IN A SLOW AND RELAXED WAY is doable. If the course is empty, there are few short cuts to ONLY play the "non-hilly" holes and maybe repeat them.

      Maybe keep in touch and see what happens when Season starts.

      Cheers and thanks for reply
      Last edited by veryold; Feb 11, 2020, 04:10 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by veryold View Post
        Hey all
        Just wanted to throw this out if anyone might be interested to join this old geezer this Season, to play Braeben and Lakeview Super Twilight, since that is the only cheap rate to play golf in the city these days that i can sort of afford, LOL.
        Braeben cost is around $30 walking and Lakeview may be few dollars more. If not too busy, 12-15 holes is a possibility. I'm a WALKER
        Cheers to all !!!
        Hey Old:
        If I lived in the GTA and not in La La Land....I'd for sure play some twilight golf with you....I'm a cheap a** and play a lot of twilight golf in Vanc.....with some coupons as low as $19 with our 5% GST in the summer.
        Heck the Redbook muni twilight 2 for 1 coupons for winter golf here...although it's slop hole winter golf here...green fees $13-$15 with tax.
        We finish 18 holes 98% of the time.

        IMO.....green fees in the GTA are a rip off.....I use to live in the GTA up until 1992.

        You seem like a really nice gent...we'd have a ton of fun on the links.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

          Hey Old:
          If I lived in the GTA and not in La La Land....I'd for sure play some twilight golf with you....I'm a cheap a** and play a lot of twilight golf in Vanc.....with some coupons as low as $19 with our 5% GST in the summer.
          Heck the Redbook muni twilight 2 for 1 coupons for winter golf here...although it's slop hole winter golf here...green fees $13-$15 with tax.
          We finish 18 holes 98% of the time.

          IMO.....green fees in the GTA are a rip off.....I use to live in the GTA up until 1992.

          You seem like a really nice gent...we'd have a ton of fun on the links.
          Hey, right after I finish replying to your post, I'm checking for some cheap flights to Vancouver, you choose the course(s) as long as they are <$30, LOL.

          But back to reality, this is a really nice post of yours - thanks so much, you are very kind.

          Actually, here in Mississauga, I play a 9 hole, par 3 only course for $13 for Seniors for most part, and I sprinke in, once a week an 18 hole course, just to get that feeling of being humiliated by the "real golf course" instead of my dinky little par 3 track, LOL.

          Envy you for your Vancouver golf all year round, and the resonable prices also.

          All best and cheers

          Comment


          • #6
            I play BreaeBen and Lakeview in the afts myself. Always walk and happy to have you join. (or me join you)! Stay in touch!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bobobs View Post
              I play BreaeBen and Lakeview in the afts myself. Always walk and happy to have you join. (or me join you)! Stay in touch!
              Absolutely

              Comment


              • #8
                VO, a simple shoutout for a Twilight round should get ample responses. Lakeview and Braeben’s location is a short commute for many.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Im down for that

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great, Still counting months, but soon will be ticking off weeks
                    Will keep in touch.
                    Cheers !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by veryold View Post
                      Hey all
                      Just wanted to throw this out if anyone might be interested to join this old geezer this Season, to play Braeben and Lakeview Super Twilight, since that is the only cheap rate to play golf in the city these days that i can sort of afford, LOL.
                      Braeben cost is around $30 walking and Lakeview may be few dollars more. If not too busy, 12-15 holes is a possibility. I'm a WALKER
                      Cheers to all !!!
                      Have you walked Braeben? Its a bit of a workout, whether carrying or with a pull cart.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Many times !

                        3 lb ultra light bag + 6 clubs TOTAL + two protein bars =

                        This, of course, assumes keeping the balls (mostly) on the fairways, and not spraying them on the mountain tops and ravines and then looking for lost balls - this can be very tiring and outright DANGEROUS due some very steep slopes at Braeben.

                        Cheers to all and have a great upcoming Season
                        Last edited by veryold; Feb 15, 2020, 07:40 AM.

                        Comment


                        Join The TGN Email List

                        Collapse

                        Recently Joined

                        Collapse

                        Topics: 174,909   Posts: 1,830,920   Members: 47,328   Active Members: 267
                        Welcome to our newest member, Mcurtis.

                        Today's Birthdays

                        Collapse

                        PGA Leaderboard

                        Collapse


                        TGN Sponsors

                        Working...
                        X