/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Lakeview, Braeben Super Twilight Anyone :)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakeview, Braeben Super Twilight Anyone :)

Hey all
    Just wanted to throw this out if anyone might be interested to join this old geezer this Season, to play Braeben and Lakeview Super Twilight, since that is the only cheap rate to play golf in the city these days that i can sort of afford, LOL.
    Braeben cost is around $30 walking and Lakeview may be few dollars more. If not too busy, 12-15 holes is a possibility. I'm a WALKER
    Cheers to all !!!
    Last edited by veryold; Feb 11, 2020, 02:59 PM.

I'm in Streetsville during the week, so I'm definitely up for a round at Braeben. If you're willing to walk that beast, then I assume you're nuts. And likely have some great stories to tell.
    – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
      I'm in Streetsville during the week, so I'm definitely up for a round at Braeben. If you're willing to walk that beast, then I assume you're nuts. And likely have some great stories to tell.
      LOL, agreed on walking 18 at Braeben, but 12 or whatever Super Twilight allows, IN A SLOW AND RELAXED WAY is doable. If the course is empty, there are few short cuts to ONLY play the "non-hilly" holes and maybe repeat them.

Maybe keep in touch and see what happens when Season starts.

Cheers and thanks for reply
      Last edited by veryold; Feb 11, 2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
        Hey all
        Just wanted to throw this out if anyone might be interested to join this old geezer this Season, to play Braeben and Lakeview Super Twilight, since that is the only cheap rate to play golf in the city these days that i can sort of afford, LOL.
        Braeben cost is around $30 walking and Lakeview may be few dollars more. If not too busy, 12-15 holes is a possibility. I'm a WALKER
        Cheers to all !!!
        Hey Old:
        If I lived in the GTA and not in La La Land....I'd for sure play some twilight golf with you....I'm a cheap a** and play a lot of twilight golf in Vanc.....with some coupons as low as $19 with our 5% GST in the summer.
        Heck the Redbook muni twilight 2 for 1 coupons for winter golf here...although it's slop hole winter golf here...green fees $13-$15 with tax.
        We finish 18 holes 98% of the time.

IMO.....green fees in the GTA are a rip off.....I use to live in the GTA up until 1992.

You seem like a really nice gent...we'd have a ton of fun on the links.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

Hey Old:
          If I lived in the GTA and not in La La Land....I'd for sure play some twilight golf with you....I'm a cheap a** and play a lot of twilight golf in Vanc.....with some coupons as low as $19 with our 5% GST in the summer.
          Heck the Redbook muni twilight 2 for 1 coupons for winter golf here...although it's slop hole winter golf here...green fees $13-$15 with tax.
          We finish 18 holes 98% of the time.

IMO.....green fees in the GTA are a rip off.....I use to live in the GTA up until 1992.

You seem like a really nice gent...we'd have a ton of fun on the links.
          Hey, right after I finish replying to your post, I'm checking for some cheap flights to Vancouver, you choose the course(s) as long as they are <$30, LOL.

But back to reality, this is a really nice post of yours - thanks so much, you are very kind.

Actually, here in Mississauga, I play a 9 hole, par 3 only course for $13 for Seniors for most part, and I sprinke in, once a week an 18 hole course, just to get that feeling of being humiliated by the "real golf course" instead of my dinky little par 3 track, LOL.

Envy you for your Vancouver golf all year round, and the resonable prices also.

All best and cheers

Comment

I play BreaeBen and Lakeview in the afts myself. Always walk and happy to have you join. (or me join you)! Stay in touch!

Comment

Originally posted by bobobs View Post
              I play BreaeBen and Lakeview in the afts myself. Always walk and happy to have you join. (or me join you)! Stay in touch!
              Absolutely

Comment

VO, a simple shoutout for a Twilight round should get ample responses. Lakeview and Braeben’s location is a short commute for many.

Comment

Im down for that

Comment

Great, Still counting months, but soon will be ticking off weeks
                    Will keep in touch.
                    Cheers !

Comment

Hey all
                      Cheers to all !!!
                      Have you walked Braeben? Its a bit of a workout, whether carrying or with a pull cart.

Comment

Many times !

3 lb ultra light bag + 6 clubs TOTAL + two protein bars =

This, of course, assumes keeping the balls (mostly) on the fairways, and not spraying them on the mountain tops and ravines and then looking for lost balls - this can be very tiring and outright DANGEROUS due some very steep slopes at Braeben.

Cheers to all and have a great upcoming Season
                        Last edited by veryold; Feb 15, 2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Veryold,

I made this account to respond to you, I'm 24 and a semi-Beginner Golfer(played a bit from 16-18), I just moved to this area and am looking for people to go with specifically to Braeben for Twilight(it's around the corner from my house and I wok 9-5 mon-fri). If you'd ever like to go and drop some knowledge on me I would love to get out.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Daxor44 View Post
                            Hi Veryold,

I made this account to respond to you, I'm 24 and a semi-Beginner Golfer(played a bit from 16-18), I just moved to this area and am looking for people to go with specifically to Braeben for Twilight(it's around the corner from my house and I wok 9-5 mon-fri). If you'd ever like to go and drop some knowledge on me I would love to get out.

Thanks.
                            Hey, nice to hear that
                            I am off limits to golf ATM (my old age and corona don't like each other that much, LOL), but let's keep in touch and go from there.
                            And thanks for ur kind words on my old age "knowledge", but TBH, old age is vastly over rated re. bringing knowledge and wisdom. More likely, it brings pains, grumpiness and senility
                            But again, maybe between your young age and a bit of my old age "whatever", we can put a decent game together, and maybe even break 90 at Braeben
                            All best and stay healthy !
                            Last edited by veryold; May 17, 2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hey all
                              Cheers to all !!!
                              Posted rates at Braeben show that weekdays all day are cheaper than Super Twilight, so why restrict yourself. That is if you are a senior?
                              BTW, I figure we are darn close to being neighbours, so perhaps we can get a round or two there in the near future.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X