X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodeohook
    replied
    Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post

True. Solid drive could get to the green in 2 but most aren’t great drives. It would be an easier par 5 though.
    played it on Saturday and still think it would be a great short par 4 somewhere around 290, but it would kill the routing of the golf course

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawker
    replied
    Originally posted by kich View Post

I always thought they should put the green before the gully.
    Then it would play as a decent par 5.
    True. Solid drive could get to the green in 2 but most aren’t great drives. It would be an easier par 5 though.

Leave a comment:

• kich
    replied
    Originally posted by racmbs View Post

It's a very bizarre hole...definitely one that looks like they f'd up during the design and just tried to bandaid it. I smoked my drive past the tree on the right and still had 240 to the end of the fairway, over the gully. From there though it was only a lob wedge into the pin...still don't like that hole at all.

Aside from the one @sshat we got paired with, it was an enjoyable day and the course was in good shape.
    I always thought they should put the green before the gully.
    Then it would play as a decent par 5.

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawker
    replied
    Originally posted by racmbs View Post

It's a very bizarre hole...definitely one that looks like they f'd up during the design and just tried to bandaid it. I smoked my drive past the tree on the right and still had 240 to the end of the fairway, over the gully. From there though it was only a lob wedge into the pin...still don't like that hole at all.

Aside from the one @sshat we got paired with, it was an enjoyable day and the course was in good shape.
    You might be right. The piece of land is tough with the carries and the dogleg. As a par 4 the tees would have to be staged from the forward tees so you have a chance to get over the carry and have a shot at the green.

Leave a comment:

• racmbs
    replied

Srsly

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    LOL.....
    Srsly

Leave a comment:

• Mr22putt
    replied
    How did you do on the par 6?
    LOL.....

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawker
    replied
    How did you do on the par 6?

Leave a comment:

• Mr22putt
    replied
    Originally posted by synergy View Post

Really? 80%?

I play mostly public golf with a few ClubLink tracks for good measure, and my experience tells me there are far less clowns than some of you suggest. Maybe more like 10%, if that. Public golfers are not the inexperienced, non etiquette idiots some of you think.

1) Certainly the lower end tracks and the smaller price point will attract the non-golf clowns,

2) but most public golfers display perfect golf behaviour.
    1) Although not goat tracks, but I have been playing a lot twilight golf here....from $21-$25 and attracting a lot of old couples and golfers who are terrible golfers leading to very slow play and all kinda clueless they are slow and don't care and clueless on proper golf etiquette...not rude...just CLUELESS.

2) Come out here and play golf and I think you'd change your mind that MOST public golfers display PERFECT golf behavior....just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    I tend to agree with you, I don't think 80% of public golfers are idiots, there are quite a few idiots out there that it just seems to be a lot, every time I have played a public course this year I have encountered someone that just doesn't get the term golf etiquette though, I do find it to be more each year.

I do think the golf game has grown this year with people that would have not given it a 2nd thought from last year with no pick up sports like baseball, basketball etc people just can't play this year more and more are looking at golf to get involved with, they will just have to be educated but there will always be those clowns that think they are entitled to do whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• synergy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    You're too spoiled playing at Cedar Brae.
    80%+ of public golfers are CLOWNS....SLOW, terrible golfers, don't fix ball marks & divots, don't rake bunkers (pre-Covid), drive their carts wherever, CLUELESS.....should I go on?
    I've played 25 rds this year....I haven't once played in under 4:15 hrs...most rds are 4.5 to just under 5 hrs.
    LUV golf.
    Really? 80%?

I play mostly public golf with a few ClubLink tracks for good measure, and my experience tells me there are far less clowns than some of you suggest. Maybe more like 10%, if that. Public golfers are not the inexperienced, non etiquette idiots some of you think. Certainly the lower end tracks and the smaller price point will attract the non-golf clowns, but most public golfers display perfect golf behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dailey
    replied
    Originally posted by hannah View Post
    And I'm glad I don't play a lot of public golf as I would wrap my club around someone's neck, forgot how many idiots out there driving there carts anywhere they want, a lot of golfers that do really care but yes there are so many golfers that just don't give a dam how they treat the course they are playing...
    Unfortunately that is just too true.

And also unfortunately, and yes I am stereotyping, it is too often people riding rather than walking that make this bad decisions on a course.

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    And I'm glad I don't play a lot of public golf as I would wrap my club around someone's neck, forgot how many idiots out there driving there carts anywhere they want, a lot of golfers that do really care but yes there are so many golfers that just don't give a dam how they treat the course they are playing...

Leave a comment:

• Mr22putt
    replied
    Originally posted by hannah View Post
    [SIZE=28px]..... don't you love these golfers that have no respect for how they treat the course..
    You're too spoiled playing at Cedar Brae.
    80%+ of public golfers are CLOWNS....SLOW, terrible golfers, don't fix ball marks & divots, don't rake bunkers (pre-Covid), drive their carts wherever, CLUELESS.....should I go on?
    I've played 25 rds this year....I haven't once played in under 4:15 hrs...most rds are 4.5 to just under 5 hrs.
    LUV golf.

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    Pretty darn good, good speed, bunch of ball marks, got to love watching people drive their carts through fescue, up around the greens, we were putting and this group that tee off on a hole adjacent to us drove through the fescue came within maybe 30 yards from the green and hit their errant shot then drove back through the fescue to get back to the other fairway, don't you love these golfers that have no respect for how they treat the course..

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X