Collapse

Lakewood resort

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lakewood resort

Did this deal last year, it's ok, how the Gailes course makes it into the top 100 in the US is beyond me, it's good, but not THAT good. The food at the main lodge is ok, and the accomodations are rustic. A word of caution, black flies and mosquitoes, like moving clouds, take barrels of repellent, you will need it. Another option is Clare Michigan which my group has also done, we enjoy it more and much closer to the Canadian border and the Doherty historic hotel is a much nicer place to stay.

Comment

My Father, Uncle, and a varying groups of buddies have been making the this trip for about 7-8 years now. I have joined in on a few of the trips over the years. The resort is nothing flashy, but the rooms have always been clean and food is decent. Your cost will cover a basic cold breakfast(cereal,Fruit,yogurt) I think its like $2 up charge to hot breakfast. The dinner menu has up charge items ie. steaks, roast. Out of the three courses i would recommend you to book most of your rounds on the Gailes or Blackshire, the Serradella though not a poor course is a step down in design and conditions. Our trip is usually the second or third week of September. Feel free to Pm if anyone has any questions.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, looks like a good deal with lots of golf, especially if you're a 2 rounds a day player or more. Has anyone tried a Niagara trip in early April, seems like courses there would be open a bit earlier in the season, perhaps an alternative to a Michigan trip.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X