/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Sportcheck: Adams Tight Lies 2 Fairway Wood for $129.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportcheck: Adams Tight Lies 2 Fairway Wood for $129.

Sportcheck is having a golf sale. I found Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood for $129.
    https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...331946570.html

Is this a good deal?

There are other golf stuff on sale as well.

Re: Sportcheck: Adams Tight Lies 2 Fairway Wood for $129.

Nope - Hidden Lake had them for like $49.99 last fall in their clearance bin

Comment

agreed....theres a ton on cheap ones out there

Comment

Originally posted by sungandjudy View Post
        Sportcheck is having a golf sale. I found Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood for $129.

There are other golf stuff on sale as well
        Is this a good deal?.
        Only if you are collecting antiques.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Thanks,

I guess I will pass on this one...
          The review says that it's pretty forgiving wood, hence I was interested...

Comment

Tight Lies is $79.99 (in store only - confirmed at Sherway).

Well reviewed

We wanted to find out if the 2013 Adams Tight Lies is really is better from everywhere. We took the Adams Tight Lies, our FlightScope X2, and a bag full of tour quality golf balls out to the 15th hole at McGregor Links Golf Club in Wilton, NY. The 15th is a brutal challenge. A hazard (complete with waste bunker) runs down the right-hand side while OB lines the left. The waste bunker is little more than dust-covered hardpan and the rough is long and gnarly. For those in search of a nasty lie, the 15th has plenty to offer. Fortunately, nasty was exactly what we were looking for. READ MORE

Pros: Hittable from any lie, most notably from the light rough. Great versatility and distance on off-center strikes. Finds the middle ground between a hybrid and off-the-tee fairway wood. Forgiveness across the face even with shallow, smaller-sized head. Cons: Flat/dead/dull sound at impact. Lack of distance relative to ball speed makes the club less appealing […]

There are a few names in golf equipment that are immediately recognizable to golfers across all skill levels and one of those is definitely the Tight Lies from Adams. Many will recognize it as a name attached to multiple lines of clubs in recent years, but this has nothing to do with any of those. […]

Comment

The titanium version tight lies wouldn't be that bad, I still prefer the added distance from the long hitting Aeroburner.

The Aeroburner fairway wood is a great club, it flys low so for some the 3 high loft (HL) might be a better choice. The standard version sits a little closed. The TP version sits square to open and it has a better shaft, but it is harder to find heavily discounted.

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
                The titanium version tight lies wouldn't be that bad, I still prefer the added distance from the long hitting Aeroburner.

The Aeroburner fairway wood is a great club, it flys low so for some the 3 high loft (HL) might be a better choice. The standard version sits a little closed. The TP version sits square to open and it has a better shaft, but it is harder to find heavily discounted.
                Thanks for the tip. Sportsyard had quite a few woods and rescues today for $69.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X