Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson staff duo $14.97 dozen @GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson staff duo $14.97 dozen @GT

Not sure if it's hot deal. Never played them before but reviews are good. Works out cheaper then Costco double dozen IIRC and perhaps better?

In SM Three5 Stand bag
    Driver: Adams A4 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik 60-S
    3W: Titleist 909 F2 15.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    5W: TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP 19 Matrix RUL Shaft Stiff
    Hybrid: #4 Nike VR Pro 24 Project X 5.5
    Irons: Mizuno MP-14 5i-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold R300
    Wedges: Nike VR Pro 54.12 TTDG R300; Mizuno MP T4 60.04
    Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #2 Blade Putter 33"

very good non elite ball - these are the 2015 model - new models arrived in the store in fall of 2018
    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSliver View Post
      Not sure if it's hot deal. Never played them before but reviews are good. Works out cheaper then Costco double dozen IIRC and perhaps better?
      Cheap, yes.....but in no way shape or form is this ball remotely as good , let alone "better" than the Costco 4 piece ball. The Costco ball is every bit as good as the top premium balls. I play the TP5x and Costco 4 piece and they surpass all others for me .

I prefer the Wilson 50 to the Duo, but both ok balls to use in late fall and early spring when conditions are poor and for golfers who lose lots of balls....they wont break the bank.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

use in late fall and early spring when conditions are poor and for golfers who lose lots of balls....they wont break the bank.
        Bingo. The low compression of the Dou ball seems to help in the cooler temp's too, as distance loss doesn't seem to be as much as other balls.

Comment

My go-to late season ball when it gets cold and we suffer BLIF syndrome - Ball Lost in Fairway....under leaves. Good distance in cold weather and it doesn't feel like you're hitting a rock. Not so good in warmer weather. Better option at better cost is whatever Taylormade ball Costco flogs in the 24 pack at their stores.
          No good deed goes unpunished.
          A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 165,108   Posts: 1,729,812   Members: 45,784   Active Members: 170
          Welcome to our newest member, JWhiz.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
          X