2021 GTA GC Memberships Available to the Public Now

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GTA GC Memberships Available to the Public Now

FINALLY the Most Awaited Day has Come.
    2021 Memberships are NOW Open to the Public.

Play the rest of the 2020 season at preferred member rates.

If you're an avid golfer and love to play at a variety of prestige courses at a huge discount... this membership is for you. Save More, Play More.

View Courses and Member Rates here - www.gtagolfclub.ca/courses-and-rates

BUY NOW before they SELL OUT AGAIN - www.gtagolfclub.ca/membership-options

#golf #golflife #golfswing #golfing #golfaddict #golfgame #golfday #golf⛳ #golflove

They only "sold out" when GTA Golf Club (the same as Tri-Cities and London Golf Club) members complained that there were no available time "spots" at courses. They kept selling (and overselling) memberships and not opening new spots. I personally have talked with several courses managers who stated that this year GTA/TC/LGC purchased LESS spots at their courses this year than in the past.

Comment

Used to have a tri-cities membership. That ended after a year of not being able to get a spot unless you booked the full week in advance. Too bad, the first couple of years it was alright...not too hard to get a spot. But last year was crazy, not doing that again.

Comment

Joined GTA this year, a lot of courses took off their available spots and nothing was ever available. That should never be allowed while the golf season is on. I only used GTA once this year, won’t be signing up again.

Comment

Nobody could have predicted what this season was going to be. We did our best to provide the service that we have been known to provide as best as possible given the situation. We have lots of spots available everyday across 7 days so if you could only use your membership once that’s definitely not because of availability.

It was a tough year for everyone and we appreciate the members/partner courses that have been with us for 15 years and renew at a 95% rate.

We will be closing 2021 membership sales soon to ensure that next year is the best year ever for GTA GC members.

Swing easy,

GTA GC Team

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor17 View Post
            They only "sold out" when GTA Golf Club (the same as Tri-Cities and London Golf Club) members complained that there were no available time "spots" at courses. They kept selling (and overselling) memberships and not opening new spots. I personally have talked with several courses managers who stated that this year GTA/TC/LGC purchased LESS spots at their courses this year than in the past.
            Only replying to state facts:

1) We closed memberships as soon as we realized that inventory would be at a premium. We did not oversell.

2) We gained extra inventory with long term partners as best we could (Innerkip, Ariss, Grand Valley, Savannah, Puslinch, etc)

3) Would love for you to post the ‘several’ courses that wanted to sell us more inventory. Please do. We were not able to. It was a not for lack of trying.

Swing easy,

GTA GC Team

Comment

3) Possibly Covid generated overlap with courses hardly needing help to fill the Tee Sheet?
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Every golf course in southwestern Ontario is full, the golf world doesn't need underpar, golf now, or GTA Golf Club anymore. This stuff stinks of logistical problems going forward

Comment

Originally posted by GTA Golf Club View Post

Only replying to state facts:

1) We closed memberships as soon as we realized that inventory would be at a premium. We did not oversell.

2) We gained extra inventory with long term partners as best we could (Innerkip, Ariss, Grand Valley, Savannah, Puslinch, etc)

3) Would love for you to post the ‘several’ courses that wanted to sell us more inventory. Please do. We were not able to. It was a not for lack of trying.

Swing easy,

GTA GC Team

I can give you two off the top of my head. First off Caradoc Sands in the 2019 season had 12 spots. London Golf Club needed to pay an overage to the course based on amount of play in 2019. Mysteriously, in 2020 only 8 spots were purchased from the course. Firerock had 24 spots in 2019. When speaking to their staff they were confused as to why in 2020 LGC only bought 12 membership spots. The quote from their staff was "I would gladly sell them 24 spots per day, I don't understand why they bought less". Those conversations happened in early June 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by raptorslover View Post
                    Every golf course in southwestern Ontario is full, the golf world doesn't need underpar, golf now, or GTA Golf Club anymore. This stuff stinks of logistical problems going forward
                    I completely agree. How many courses are going to realize that if these COVID conditions continue into next summer, they will be able to sell their tee sheet out at full rack rate. No need to take less/give up a percentage to discount websites.

Comment

Stupid question but can some explain to me these "spots"? Are these specific tee times you can only get?
                      Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
                      NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
                      Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
                      Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                      Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                      Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

OP: I'm a long-time Tri-city member. IMO courses that are not active with your program should be removed from the booking list. For Tri-City, they still show Copetown, Flamborough Hills, and Lowville.

A "spot" is "credit" on the GTA/Tri-City/London website
                        Each course may have only 4-8-12 or more credits available per day. Each course may apply certain restrictions on when a credit can be used, such as weekends after 11am. You grab a credit before they are gone, and you can book any tee time directly at the course ( assuming not in the restricted times ).

This thread explains more on how it works:
                        https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...e-availability
                        Last edited by ARL67; Oct 18, 2020, 09:04 AM.
                        🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                        Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                        Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                        Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                        Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                        Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                        Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                        Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Definitely won’t sign up again. Used this membership last year and it was great. This year was a waste of money. I specially renewed my membership because of the low rate at copetown woods and flamborough hills. This year they are not available. Would have been nice to know before I wasted my money.
                          Also, I booked a tee time at a course that had no available spots on GTA. When I got there I said to the pro shop it really sucks paying full rate when I have a GTA membership, he then replied saying they had 5 spots available. I went back on the GTA site. Sure enough, nothing available. Had to pay full rate anyways.
                          Emailed GTA with my concerns and they said someone would call me.... end of the season and still not resolved.

Comment

This season I had the 50+5 bonus package, and I'm through all my credits, so I'm now a pay-as-I-go golfer.

For next season I renewed for just the 30+4 bonus, whereas normally I go with 55 or 75. I golf often at Vic East in Guelph, and am concerned Vic will opt out of Tri-City as they were/are crazy busy. I heard there is even a wait-list at Vic for memberships for next season. If Vic opts out, I will buy one of their "Flex Passes" -> $250 up front, then saves me 40% on posted rates.
                            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                            Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                            Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I managed to use all my credits and then some this season. It was a little harder only due to trying to get tee times in general. The only issue really this year is that you need to contact the course and book far in advance ( 2 weeks or what ever they allow) and then make sure to remember that GTA needs to be booked no sooner than 7 days before playing...I guess it can be a gamble if you can nab a spot on popular courses. Maybe next year GTA could change the policy if Covid continues and allow a 2 week reservation process, so that members can rest assured that they are booked for not only the course but the GTA credit as well.

Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X