Costco carrying the Kirkland Signature High-Performance 3-Piece Wedge Set

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    I was able to hit the 56*.
    The head is good...but for me...the shaft felt a tad light & whippy and the grips are thin.
    frd bought a set and I just took one and gave it a few practice swing. What you described is exactly my thought too..

Comment

Originally posted by HDawg View Post
      I was wary about buy a set of wedges from the same makers as my toilet paper, but these lofts were exactly what I needed to replace in my bag and reviews have been good. They make a decent hotdog so what can go wrong?
      We always laugh about that too, hit a good shot using the kirkland ball, glove, putter, wedges....one of us is likely to yell out "Free samples" or that's as good as the Kirkland bacon I had for breakfast!

Comment

I bought these on a whim and I'm glad I did. They are as good as any wedge I've bought in the past and believe me I've bought a few. The only issue I have is the grips. They are not the best of grips. They were installed incorrectly with the lettering somewhat twisted off to one side, obviously misaligned. But that's OK, I changed the grips to what I normally play so no big deal.

As far as performance, they feel great, put a ton of spin on the ball with the ball coming off the face with that solid feel comparable to a $200 wedge. Honestly, I have no complaints, they are as good as anything out there IMHO and I'm a low single digit handicapper with discerning taste in clubs. I cannot see why anyone would pass this deal up. For $192 tax in what's to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Dufferguy View Post
          I bought these on a whim and I'm glad I did. They are as good as any wedge I've bought in the past and believe me I've bought a few. The only issue I have is the grips. They are not the best of grips. They were installed incorrectly with the lettering somewhat twisted off to one side, obviously misaligned. But that's OK, I changed the grips to what I normally play so no big deal.

As far as performance, they feel great, put a ton of spin on the ball with the ball coming off the face with that solid feel comparable to a $200 wedge. Honestly, I have no complaints, they are as good as anything out there IMHO and I'm a low single digit handicapper with discerning taste in clubs. I cannot see why anyone would pass this deal up. For $192 tax in what's to lose?
          I agree but some need the assurance of seeing a Vokey/ Callaway/T. Made logo on the club. TXG gave them an excellent review.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Like others, I bought these out of curiosity. I have a full set of Vokey SM6s. I have played SM8s too. For me, these wedges are, overall, better. Fresh grooves definitely help. But after a full session of chipping, pitching and full swings, these are staying in my bag.

So long as you don't mind having 'Costco clubs', they are absolutely worth trying.

Comment

I'm a little late to the party. Has anyone seen these available instore lately?

They are out of stock online.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Saw a few at 427/7 last week, they had been moved to a corner away from the other sports stuff

Comment

Originally posted by evenpar View Post
                  I'm a little late to the party. Has anyone seen these available instore lately?

They are out of stock online.

Thank you in advance.
                  Putters and wedges are both in stock at the Brampton store
                  Brampton

Comment

Lots available at Ancaster. I walk by that aisle at least once a week and its been there for months.

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'm going to try to get to the Ancaster store tomorrow. I'm going to get one set for myself and another as a Christmas gift.

Comment

Has anyone pulled these heads and knows what size the hosels are ?

Comment

Wedges are now $129.97 at the St-Bruno store (south shore of Montreal). Putters still at the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
                            Has anyone pulled these heads and knows what size the hosels are ?
                            Haven't pulled one apart but they are a True Temper wedge flex shaft with a costco label and seeing as they are producing these by the 10's of thousands I would be surprised if they weren't .355.

Must be some info out there of somebody reshafting them with a stiffer shaft flex by now
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                              I was able to hit the 56*.
                              The head is good...but for me...the shaft felt a tad light & whippy and the grips are thin.
                              Curious what shafts are you playing in your wedges?
                              The sole purpose of the golf swing is to create a correct impact. How that is done is of no consequence, so long as the method employed allows you to repeat it - John Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by Divot Tool View Post

Curious what shafts are you playing in your wedges?
                                DG S300

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X