Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphic Designer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kronos
    started a topic Graphic Designer

Graphic Designer

Hey Nuts;

I'm a local Graphic Designer, I am looking to do some freelance work. I specialize in web design. I have a passion for golf so I'd like to do some more work in that field.

You can visit my site to see some samples. http://twerdochlib.com/

Cheers;
    Stefan

• synergy
    replied
    Interesting post. Can you put some context on why you're providing this info? It's great, but other members here may be curious to know what your message is.

Originally posted by bellaisab
    What is a web/graphic designer?
    ---web designers are responsible for developing the look, feel, organization, and graphics content of a website. Some web designers only specialize in creating the graphic content and raw look of a site. At this stage, it is little more than an image. It is then giving to a web developer who will cut it up and code it to make the site function.
    [/URL]
    Yes, this is correct.

Originally posted by bellaisab
    What is a web/graphic designer?
    A graphic designer is less involved with online ... Graphic designers primarily work with printed material
    [/URL]
    This is not. I have 6 designers in my studio and we spend our time designing content marketing used exclusively for online marketing. We rarely work in print.

If you ask me (and you didn't) this is only a rudimentary explanation of what a graphic designer does. And it fuels the thinking that a designer merely makes things look good. That we make things look pretty.

But when we dive deep into what a designer actually does, it's quite complex and I often say that I direct eyeballs for living. Designers use visual theories like Gestalt Principles, Hicks Law and other psychology to design a piece of marketing that attracts, moves and persuades the reader into taking action. Like clicking on a call-to-action button for example.

But alas, you didn't ask.
    Last edited by synergy; May 31, 2019, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• synergy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bladebringer
    Friends, I want to create a website to promote my coffee business. It is very important for me that, in general, the site looks in a loft style, there are classic vintage letters and fonts. What do you think? What advise in terms of web design?
    First post? Welcome to the forum. It's great that you have an idea on what you're looking for, but I suggest (depending on the size and age of your business), that you either engage a freelance designer with web experience or hire a webdev company to help. I own a creative agency in Mississauga and this is part of what we do. If you PM me you details, I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

Leave a comment:

• Kronos
    replied
    Re: Graphic Designer

to the top please.

Leave a comment:

• Kronos
    replied

PM sent

Leave a comment:

• willylax
    replied

Can you inbox me your number? I have 2 friends looking for a Graphic Designer.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Kronos
    replied

To the top please.

Leave a comment:

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 170,030   Posts: 1,777,732   Members: 46,476   Active Members: 288