14 year old looking for golf job

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14 year old looking for golf job

Originally posted by ontario
    I have a golf mad son who is looking for part-time summer work in a golf related business. Very bright, mature kid. Looks older than his age if that's worth anything.

He's doing the rounds at all the local clubs but it appears most of the jobs are filled. If anyone hears of anything, let me know with a pm or email.

We are in the Etobicoke area but he'd be willing to consider anything west of Yonge St. and within Peel region.

Thanks.
    I worked at Tam O'Shanter last summer in backshop I know that they are looking for more kids for next summer. I'm not gonna be there though I'm gonna be working at Scarborough Golf Club, Tell him to apply at Scarborough as well they are also looking for more people for backshop. If he's willing to travel a little bit.
    In the bag:

Driver-Nike Ignite 10.5 Degree
    Woods- 5 wood
    Irons- Callaway X-16
    Wedges- 60 Degree, 56 Degree
    Putter- Taylormade Rossa
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
      I worked at Tam O'Shanter last summer in backshop I know that they are looking for more kids for next summer. I'm not gonna be there though I'm gonna be working at Scarborough Golf Club, Tell him to apply at Scarborough as well they are also looking for more people for backshop. If he's willing to travel a little bit.
      Thanks but that's at the other end of the city. He needs to start looking soon, I suspect. When do the clubs start hiring for next season?

Comment

Thanks but that's at the other end of the city. He needs to start looking soon, I suspect. When do the clubs start hiring for next season?
        My sons both worked at Scarboro in the summer and they applied at this time of year so the early bird gets the worm.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
          My sons both worked at Scarboro in the summer and they applied at this time of year so the early bird gets the worm.
          What's the minimum age at Scarboro?

Comment

What's the minimum age at Scarboro?
            I'm pretty sure it was 15, but I'm not 100%. As you pointed out earlier it's way too far to commute from your neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
              I'm pretty sure it was 15, but I'm not 100%. As you pointed out earlier it's way too far to commute from your neck of the woods.
              Thanks. Just asking because I'm pretty sure that would be consistent with other private clubs in GTA.

Comment

hi i'm 15 turning 16, does anyone know if any markham area courses high and wat kinda of job i should expect to be applying for? thanks alot
                ________
                LINSEY DAWN MCKENZIE SEX
                Last edited by LarryCheung; Mar 22, 2011, 08:17 AM.
                Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

I used to work at Angus Glen and they usually hold their job fairs in February. I think most golf courses do as well. Give them a call and find out. They`re a great organization with great managers. Be prepared to work hard and with odd hours but its worth the perks.

I think with private clubs, they usually prefer referrals more than hiring from outside. Not sure if this is true or not.
                  "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
                  Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

okk thx for the info
                    ________
                    CB550
                    Last edited by LarryCheung; Mar 22, 2011, 08:18 AM.
                    Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

This might be worth a shot. http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?...eno%3d0&OldUrl=

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X