Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Clublink Annual Dues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Clublink Annual Dues

Got the email today.
    Up 15%. I am not amused. I feel like a tarriff has been imposed on my golf. It takes big stones to demand 15% more. I guess this is CL's way to make up for less new members than in past. Not a good model when your cost base is only supported by annual's, and little new.

AS YOU WILL SEE FURTHER DOWN IN THIS THREAD - I DIDN'T REALIZE CL BUILT A CART PLAN INTO MY ANNUALS. IN REALITY - 5% INCREASE - ACCEPTABLE. SORRY FOR MY WASTED ANGER. REAL ANGER - NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY THIS WEEKEND DUE TO CRAPPY WEATHER WITH ONLY 2 MORE WEEKEND LEFT.
    Last edited by trebor; Oct 27, 2018, 09:53 AM.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    A birdie is usually followed by

damn thats steep!! i knew it would go up significantly due to the min wage hike but thats more than I anticipated.

Comment

Yah dues going up that much a bit ****ing ridiculous. Blame kathleen wynne.

Driver------TM M6 (9) Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X 45.25"
      3W---------TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
      5W---------TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
      3i-----------TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
      Irons-------Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
      Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
      Putter------TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

Comment

Kinda wish i didn't pay my membership fee in full or id likely leave just on principal, but id be out my membership stuck now.

Be interesting to hear or see if other priv courses dues go up that much.
        Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
          Yah dues going up that much a bit ****ing ridiculous. Blame kathleen wynne.
          It's a free market. Blame the people who will pay that much; if they wouldn't, ClubLink wouldn't demand it.
          Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

It's a free market. Blame the people who will pay that much; if they wouldn't, ClubLink wouldn't demand it.
            In the short term, costs are a decisive factor and it might be fair to blame K. Wynne. Longer term - and after amortizing entrance fees - it might be fair to blame the ďfreeĒ(haha) market.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Got the email today.
              Up 15%. I am not amused. I feel like a tarriff has been imposed on my golf. It takes big stones to demand 15% more. I guess this is CL's way to make up for less new members than in past. Not a good model when your cost base is only supported by annual's, and little new.
              I can't see those numbers I'm seeing like 1 %

Comment

Originally posted by snaphooker235 View Post

Yea. Mine have gone up 3%.

Comment

Mine went up $1k year over year. Figured it was an error, and will give them a call to clarify on Monday. If thatís the case though Iím likely done. Too bad, because I really enjoyed this past season.
                  TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
                  TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
                  Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
                  Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
                  Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
                  Vokey SM4 50/54/58
                  Odyssey Toe-Up #1
                  Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

How much is a membership anyway? Trying to find a place for around $5K.

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

In the short term, costs are a decisive factor and it might be fair to blame K. Wynne. Longer term - and after amortizing entrance fees - it might be fair to blame the ďfreeĒ(haha) market.
                      Costs are one component of how they calculate their fees. Profits and ROI are other significant components of the same calculations.

I was no fan of Wynne whatsoever, but her government had little influence over many ClubLink costs. So, it's disingenuous for anyone to hide behind failed provincial government policies in a discussion of ClubLink costs and their influence on fees.

ClubLink wouldn't charge more than their market could bear, regardless of their costs. That would be suicide for any business. Buyers don't care about business costs; buyers only care about the value that service represents in relation to what they choose to pay for it.
                      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Costs are one component of how they calculate their fees. Profits and ROI are other significant components of the same calculations.

I was no fan of Wynne whatsoever, but her government had little influence over many ClubLink costs. So, it's disingenuous for anyone to hide behind failed provincial government policies in a discussion of ClubLink costs and their influence on fees.

ClubLink wouldn't charge more than their market could bear, regardless of their costs. That would be suicide for any business. Buyers don't care about business costs; buyers only care about the value that service represents in relation to what they choose to pay for it.
                        When you have paid a large initiation fee, it is hard to walk away from a club that is increasing fees by 15%. I would guess that clubs with no initiation fees would have a very difficult time with renewals if they proposed that sort of increase. So my view is that, in the short term, Clublink can charge more than the market will bear. Long term, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
                          Mine went up $1k year over year. Figured it was an error, and will give them a call to clarify on Monday. If thatís the case though Iím likely done. Too bad, because I really enjoyed this past season.
                          How old are you. They could ha e gone up also because youre on graduated dues.

Im 31 so i pay reduced dues. Mine only went up 10% total. 5% of that was happening regardless...

Comment

Originally posted by snaphooker235 View Post

~ 8% increase is what my friend got hit with
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

When you have paid a large initiation fee, it is hard to walk away from a club that is increasing fees by 15%. .
                              No question in my mind that CL knows this and uses it to their advantage . Once they have your big initiation, they have you somewhat hooked. ( versus other courses where initiations are refundable even can grow in worth)

That said people leave CL all the time.
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 166,776   Posts: 1,747,373   Members: 46,018   Active Members: 266
                              Welcome to our newest member, CMo22.

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X