Collapse

2019 Clublink Annual Dues

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
    My X and I had over 50K in membership fees. I eventually left for a private club and paid another initiation. That being said I do not regard the initiation as a hook. the money is gone. I loved Clublink but it eventually did not fit my life changes and I needed something that would. I never could understand why people would take the dues and divide the rounds to see if it s a good deal or not. It is a luxury to play at these clubs, either pay for it or do not. The value is not in the price!
    The value of everything is in the price - isn’t that the definition of value? I think your viewpoint is correct - to a point.

On the other hand, there are way more alternatives available for spending golfing $$ these days - mid range and high end public (osprey, eagles nest, etc.); destination (Cabot, Brandon, etc.); or other sports or entertainment options. Private golf (as an industry) needs to continue to evolve to bring “value” to their existing members and prospective ones.

I think you could make an argument that they may have lost this focus over the past half decade and the market has responded accordingly- not many clubs with waiting lists anymore.

Comment

I just got the email for clublink players club and if I'm not off, it seems just too good to be true.

For $2995 I get unlimited rounds at Cherry Downs, Bethesda Grange, Rolling Hills, Hidden Lake, The Club at Bond Head and Glen Abbey. Note: Tee times are subject to availability. Mandatory cart fee applies at Bond Head and an $85 fee (including cart) applies at Glen Abbey.

I also get Six ‘member for a day’ passes redeemable at select ClubLink Member courses including: Caledon Woods, Eagle Ridge, Glendale, Grandview, National Pines or Station Creek (up to 3 guests welcome at the member guest rate, mandatory cart fee extra).

As well as a box of prov1s and other membership benefits.

Isn't that like a $6000-7000 value or am I off?

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post
        I just got the email for clublink players club and if I'm not off, it seems just too good to be true.

For $2995 I get unlimited rounds at Cherry Downs, Bethesda Grange, Rolling Hills, Hidden Lake, The Club at Bond Head and Glen Abbey. Note: Tee times are subject to availability. Mandatory cart fee applies at Bond Head and an $85 fee (including cart) applies at Glen Abbey.

I also get Six ‘member for a day’ passes redeemable at select ClubLink Member courses including: Caledon Woods, Eagle Ridge, Glendale, Grandview, National Pines or Station Creek (up to 3 guests welcome at the member guest rate, mandatory cart fee extra).

No because all tbose courses are public courses etc. RH bethesda BH and Abbey are all mediocre ccourses. Cherry Downs is a nice shorter course.

All of those courses have longer rounds etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I could probably make a membership at a nice course work but I'd be uncomfortable with that expenditure and if I had zero $ concerns I might join a nice local club that offers fantastic golf but I only care about the golf and tournies...... Beacon (- which I thought about when they had their 25 year anniversary sale), Coppinwood, Goodwood , Wyndance) Instead the value conscious me decided to work pt at a nice club and play golf for free. Plus I have generous friends and the bonus of getting private invites pretty regularly ....frugal and lucky I guess
          You get invited to join Goodwood and if you are a member this would not be your primary course. One member played too many rounds and was not invited back.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
            One member played too many rounds and was not invited back.
            I've heard that but wondered if it was true. What is the rationale behind such a rule ?

doesn't sound like my cup of tee , cross it off my list
            Last edited by Weirfan; Oct 28, 2018, 04:21 PM.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I've heard that but wondered if it was true. What is the rationale behind such a rule ?

doesn't sound like my cup of tee , cross it off my list
              It is true...have it from a rock solid source. The former member had played 50+ rounds.
              As I wrote, it's not meant to be a members primary course, rather a place to play every now and then.

Comment

a mandatory food and beverage minimum, .
                To me F&B is a wash, If I am not eating and grabbing a drink at the course after a round I will likely end up out somewhere else as I suspect most do as well so might as well support the club I am at.
                In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                --------
                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I think ur math is off unless u play many many rounds a year. I do like the players club package and have been a member since day one. Just not the $3k option.
                  Last edited by wongmb; Oct 29, 2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

To me F&B is a wash, If I am not eating and grabbing a drink at the course after a round I will likely end up out somewhere else as I suspect most do as well so might as well support the club I am at.
                    Perhaps that works for you. I know guys who scramble to spend their minimums with family dinners etc. Thankfully the food at CL is generally quite decent.
                    Its a good way for CL to bring in more money and helps to kerp the fb which are low margin , going . To me There is something offputting about being told that you MUST give us more money every month.

Comment

Originally posted by wongmb View Post

I think ur math is off unless u play many many rounds a year. I do like the players club package and have been a member since day one. Just not the $3k option.
                      How is my math off? Glen Abbey is a $200+/- green fee, so $115 savings, Hidden Lake is a $60-80 green fee. Playing 40-50 rounds/year means I'm going to get an average of $4000+ worth of golf before I factor in the "member for a day" passes or the box of balls.

Comment

No question in my mind that CL knows this and uses it to their advantage . Once they have your big initiation, they have you somewhat hooked. ( versus other courses where initiations are refundable even can grow in worth)

That said people leave CL all the time.
                        Member fee can definitely be negotiated. You just have to speak to the right people.
                        CL also offered payment of the member fee over 25 years at zero interest as part of the 25 year anniversary special. This was an incredible deal and I imagine you can still arrange.
                        You can walk away from CL at any time without penalty other than the payments you have already made.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Member fee can definitely be negotiated. You just have to speak to the right people.
                          CL also offered payment of the member fee over 25 years at zero interest as part of the 25 year anniversary special. This was an incredible deal and I imagine you can still arrange.
                          You can walk away from CL at any time without penalty other than the payments you have already made.
                          Those are all very positive features

Comment

Every level of CL membership has it's advantages and disadvantages, depending on each individual's circumstances. Lets remember that, while the Players Club memberships provide value for many, they are limited to CL's lower end tracks. Yes, GA is one, but many of us have issues with GA, based on the course, the time it takes to play, and also, it being public.
                            F&B at CL was changed a few years back - rather than requiring 50% to be spent by end July and the balance by closing dates, it now plays out to end of year. This makes it easier to manage for some who are not regulars at CL restaurants or events that consume high F&B. I usually burn through my annual F&B by July. 26 Men's Nights with buying 4 beers for my group at least once per round gets the numbers up quite easily.
                            CL is open for business, now more than ever before. I would reach out to Members Services first, and then to each course to talk to their Director of Ops. While CL offers interest free options, as always, cash is king and gets the best discounts. While I still play the huge majority of my CL rounds at GC, it's still nice to have access to other tracks. I often use Greystone and Rattlesnake when i need to lower my hcf....lol. And, based on what CL says, most members of both Platinum and Prestige clubs play the majority of their rounds at their home course - one of the reasons that many members of these courses say that their clubs have a "private" feel. The fact that we have over 160 regulars for Men's Night (Day), and the comradery we have is great. We use all 3 nines and always have A & B groups on many tees.
                            I have never regretted being a CL member.
                            No good deed goes unpunished.
                            A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

How is my math off? Glen Abbey is a $200+/- green fee, so $115 savings, Hidden Lake is a $60-80 green fee. Playing 40-50 rounds/year means I'm going to get an average of $4000+ worth of golf before I factor in the "member for a day" passes or the box of balls.
                              Guess if you can crack the math that way but I wouldn't. Just like buying mattresses at 50% off is not a real sale.

Comment

Originally posted by wongmb View Post

Guess if you can crack the math that way but I wouldn't. Just like buying mattresses at 50% off is not a real sale.
                                Yeah - I always wait for the 60% off sale on mattresses.....
                                No good deed goes unpunished.
                                A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X